Hehe no probs, we go through so many amps that we can't remember every detail about them lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 130post #1936 of 493410/11/13 at 7:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 493410/11/13 at 8:47ampost #1938 of 493410/11/13 at 8:57am
It's a current driven amp with little gain. It drives them way better than any headphone amp that you can think of, and better than most speaker amps in it's price range.post #1939 of 493410/11/13 at 8:59am
Lol i have been wondering that myself, especially since it's a current amp with low voltage output. 50ohm is low, but not 8ohms low. However, if Preproman says it sounds great, I believe him :)post #1940 of 493410/11/13 at 9:02ampost #1941 of 493410/11/13 at 9:10amQuote:
That's the key. The F4 is the only other First watt amp that offers the current drive. The HE-6 "Loves" current. Lots of research have been done on a plethora of amps by a few very experienced head fiers. Dig back through this thread. You'll see lots of comparisons.post #1942 of 493410/11/13 at 9:12ampost #1943 of 493410/11/13 at 9:21amQuote:
Those amps look dead sexy! Wish I where a DIY man my self but alas I'm not. That and I'm stuck with 4pin XLR recables atm so I am a Audio GD Slave for life it seems ;3post #1944 of 493410/11/13 at 10:39amQuote:
If you're interested in a DIY amp, I can be your DIY slave lol if you want to work out a deal. Just send me a PM :)post #1945 of 493410/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Can you DIY the F4s as well?post #1946 of 493410/11/13 at 10:49ampost #1947 of 493410/11/13 at 10:57ampost #1948 of 493410/11/13 at 11:06ampost #1949 of 493410/11/13 at 11:17amQuote:
All in favor for nominating Brunk as our community DIY Slave <3. I'll stick with this thread for a while, and ONE day I WILL be able to afford one of those beauties
I did like the J2, but I would have to stick with Balanced Amps for the rest of my time in this hobbypost #1950 of 493410/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Lol I can live with that title, so long as i get fed.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Onkyo E700BT Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › I hear this artifact in some tracks ranging from choral music to... 6 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio RX18 Review and Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear