Hehe no probs, we go through so many amps that we can't remember every detail about them lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
This is a review of the LZ A4 IEM’s. First of all I’d like to thank LZ for sending me a review sample of the LZ A4. The retail price of the LA A4 is $195. The LZ A4 is available from both AK Audio...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 130post #1936 of 487410/11/13 at 7:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 487410/11/13 at 8:47ampost #1938 of 487410/11/13 at 8:57am
It's a current driven amp with little gain. It drives them way better than any headphone amp that you can think of, and better than most speaker amps in it's price range.post #1939 of 487410/11/13 at 8:59am
Lol i have been wondering that myself, especially since it's a current amp with low voltage output. 50ohm is low, but not 8ohms low. However, if Preproman says it sounds great, I believe him :)post #1940 of 487410/11/13 at 9:02ampost #1941 of 487410/11/13 at 9:10amQuote:
That's the key. The F4 is the only other First watt amp that offers the current drive. The HE-6 "Loves" current. Lots of research have been done on a plethora of amps by a few very experienced head fiers. Dig back through this thread. You'll see lots of comparisons.post #1942 of 487410/11/13 at 9:12ampost #1943 of 487410/11/13 at 9:21amQuote:
Those amps look dead sexy! Wish I where a DIY man my self but alas I'm not. That and I'm stuck with 4pin XLR recables atm so I am a Audio GD Slave for life it seems ;3post #1944 of 487410/11/13 at 10:39amQuote:
If you're interested in a DIY amp, I can be your DIY slave lol if you want to work out a deal. Just send me a PM :)post #1945 of 487410/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Can you DIY the F4s as well?post #1946 of 487410/11/13 at 10:49ampost #1947 of 487410/11/13 at 10:57ampost #1948 of 487410/11/13 at 11:06ampost #1949 of 487410/11/13 at 11:17amQuote:
All in favor for nominating Brunk as our community DIY Slave <3. I'll stick with this thread for a while, and ONE day I WILL be able to afford one of those beauties
I did like the J2, but I would have to stick with Balanced Amps for the rest of my time in this hobbypost #1950 of 487410/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Lol I can live with that title, so long as i get fed.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Interest check: FrankenSenns (HD650 w/ HD600 headband) sale/trade 11 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Can I Simply SEE The DSD Files On A Super Audio CD From My PC's CD... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 6 minutes ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 9 minutes ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 11 minutes ago
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear