Hehe no probs, we go through so many amps that we can't remember every detail about them lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 130post #1936 of 504910/11/13 at 7:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 504910/11/13 at 8:47ampost #1938 of 504910/11/13 at 8:57am
It's a current driven amp with little gain. It drives them way better than any headphone amp that you can think of, and better than most speaker amps in it's price range.post #1939 of 504910/11/13 at 8:59am
Lol i have been wondering that myself, especially since it's a current amp with low voltage output. 50ohm is low, but not 8ohms low. However, if Preproman says it sounds great, I believe him :)post #1940 of 504910/11/13 at 9:02ampost #1941 of 504910/11/13 at 9:10amQuote:
That's the key. The F4 is the only other First watt amp that offers the current drive. The HE-6 "Loves" current. Lots of research have been done on a plethora of amps by a few very experienced head fiers. Dig back through this thread. You'll see lots of comparisons.post #1942 of 504910/11/13 at 9:12ampost #1943 of 504910/11/13 at 9:21amQuote:
Those amps look dead sexy! Wish I where a DIY man my self but alas I'm not. That and I'm stuck with 4pin XLR recables atm so I am a Audio GD Slave for life it seems ;3post #1944 of 504910/11/13 at 10:39amQuote:
If you're interested in a DIY amp, I can be your DIY slave lol if you want to work out a deal. Just send me a PM :)post #1945 of 504910/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Can you DIY the F4s as well?post #1946 of 504910/11/13 at 10:49ampost #1947 of 504910/11/13 at 10:57ampost #1948 of 504910/11/13 at 11:06ampost #1949 of 504910/11/13 at 11:17amQuote:
All in favor for nominating Brunk as our community DIY Slave <3. I'll stick with this thread for a while, and ONE day I WILL be able to afford one of those beauties
I did like the J2, but I would have to stick with Balanced Amps for the rest of my time in this hobbypost #1950 of 504910/11/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Lol I can live with that title, so long as i get fed.
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 46 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal updated on IOS ( & android to a lesser degree) 4 minutes ago
- › Ambient Music 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear