i think i am going to go with the emotiva. what are some dacs that work well with the he6 and emotiva mini x a100? I have ps audio dl3 and bifrost uber. I am sending the bifrost back and selling the dl3.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 45149/22/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
JK Ciunas DAC.post #1818 of 45149/22/13 at 6:41pmpost #1819 of 45149/22/13 at 7:51pm
Just don't use preproman's name when ordering - or it will be ages before you get yours....
Got mine within a month.post #1820 of 45149/22/13 at 8:37pm
It does very well. I had a slight hiss, but I had to really listen for it over the noise of my computer fan. The F1 edged it out in micro-detail, slightly more bass extension and highs that were a bit smoother. For the money, definitely worth looking into.post #1821 of 45149/22/13 at 8:46pmQuote:"It doesn't get loud enough" says there is insufficient gain in the amplifier circuit. This does not infer anything about the sufficiency of the power supply rails. As a matter of fact, if the power supply rails are too low, you risk clipping because of the low voltage available.
So it seems that it IS about gain, after all....post #1822 of 45149/23/13 at 12:04amQuote:
Your not lying, I still didn't get my converter..post #1823 of 45149/23/13 at 12:47am
I suppose he ships using standart international, which takes weeks to reach the USA...
Got my converter this weekend but didn't get any tracking (which I don't mind).post #1824 of 45149/23/13 at 1:03amQuote:
Considering you are closer to him than I am by distance - I would assume so. I had tracking for the DAC.post #1825 of 45149/23/13 at 1:05amQuote:
I had for the DAC too, not for the Converter I bought 2 weeks after.post #1826 of 45149/23/13 at 1:22am@ potterma
Yes, when the gain is at a level where it can't make the amp clip, it is part of the equation, but doesn't tell you how much power the amp has and thus how loud it will be able to play a certain headphone. Usually a high power amp will have a high gain and a low power amp will have little, but there are different gains in different amps even though they have the same wattage.
I short: the HiFiMan 801 & 901 with balanced amp card hasn't enough power to make HE-6 play loud, but since the gain isn't overly high, but rather slightly lower than perhaps desirable, the amp doesn't clip even though volume is max'ed. This applies to any headphone connected to the amp (as long as it can handle the output power undistorted itself).post #1827 of 45149/23/13 at 2:02amQuote:
I may have a change of heart after all. I just purchased the AMR DP-777. I'll test it out with and with out the converter. The USB implementation is pretty good from the little I heard. Didn't hear the SPDIF inputs yet though..post #1828 of 45149/23/13 at 10:34amQuote:
Wow that's not bad at all! Small, and only $500. What exactly would you need when you say a resistor box?post #1829 of 45149/23/13 at 11:05ampost #1830 of 45149/23/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
can I get a product example?
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 9 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 12 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...