i think i am going to go with the emotiva. what are some dacs that work well with the he6 and emotiva mini x a100? I have ps audio dl3 and bifrost uber. I am sending the bifrost back and selling the dl3.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 49289/22/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
JK Ciunas DAC.post #1818 of 49289/22/13 at 6:41pmpost #1819 of 49289/22/13 at 7:51pm
Just don't use preproman's name when ordering - or it will be ages before you get yours....
Got mine within a month.post #1820 of 49289/22/13 at 8:37pm
It does very well. I had a slight hiss, but I had to really listen for it over the noise of my computer fan. The F1 edged it out in micro-detail, slightly more bass extension and highs that were a bit smoother. For the money, definitely worth looking into.post #1821 of 49289/22/13 at 8:46pmQuote:"It doesn't get loud enough" says there is insufficient gain in the amplifier circuit. This does not infer anything about the sufficiency of the power supply rails. As a matter of fact, if the power supply rails are too low, you risk clipping because of the low voltage available.
So it seems that it IS about gain, after all....post #1822 of 49289/23/13 at 12:04amQuote:
Your not lying, I still didn't get my converter..post #1823 of 49289/23/13 at 12:47am
I suppose he ships using standart international, which takes weeks to reach the USA...
Got my converter this weekend but didn't get any tracking (which I don't mind).post #1824 of 49289/23/13 at 1:03amQuote:
Considering you are closer to him than I am by distance - I would assume so. I had tracking for the DAC.post #1825 of 49289/23/13 at 1:05amQuote:
I had for the DAC too, not for the Converter I bought 2 weeks after.post #1826 of 49289/23/13 at 1:22am@ potterma
Yes, when the gain is at a level where it can't make the amp clip, it is part of the equation, but doesn't tell you how much power the amp has and thus how loud it will be able to play a certain headphone. Usually a high power amp will have a high gain and a low power amp will have little, but there are different gains in different amps even though they have the same wattage.
I short: the HiFiMan 801 & 901 with balanced amp card hasn't enough power to make HE-6 play loud, but since the gain isn't overly high, but rather slightly lower than perhaps desirable, the amp doesn't clip even though volume is max'ed. This applies to any headphone connected to the amp (as long as it can handle the output power undistorted itself).post #1827 of 49289/23/13 at 2:02amQuote:
I may have a change of heart after all. I just purchased the AMR DP-777. I'll test it out with and with out the converter. The USB implementation is pretty good from the little I heard. Didn't hear the SPDIF inputs yet though..post #1828 of 49289/23/13 at 10:34amQuote:
Wow that's not bad at all! Small, and only $500. What exactly would you need when you say a resistor box?post #1829 of 49289/23/13 at 11:05ampost #1830 of 49289/23/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
can I get a product example?
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 10 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 17 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 19 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear