i think i am going to go with the emotiva. what are some dacs that work well with the he6 and emotiva mini x a100? I have ps audio dl3 and bifrost uber. I am sending the bifrost back and selling the dl3.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 37149/22/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
JK Ciunas DAC.post #1818 of 37149/22/13 at 6:41pmpost #1819 of 37149/22/13 at 7:51pm
Just don't use preproman's name when ordering - or it will be ages before you get yours....
Got mine within a month.post #1820 of 37149/22/13 at 8:37pm
It does very well. I had a slight hiss, but I had to really listen for it over the noise of my computer fan. The F1 edged it out in micro-detail, slightly more bass extension and highs that were a bit smoother. For the money, definitely worth looking into.post #1821 of 37149/22/13 at 8:46pmQuote:"It doesn't get loud enough" says there is insufficient gain in the amplifier circuit. This does not infer anything about the sufficiency of the power supply rails. As a matter of fact, if the power supply rails are too low, you risk clipping because of the low voltage available.
So it seems that it IS about gain, after all....post #1822 of 37149/23/13 at 12:04amQuote:
Your not lying, I still didn't get my converter..post #1823 of 37149/23/13 at 12:47am
I suppose he ships using standart international, which takes weeks to reach the USA...
Got my converter this weekend but didn't get any tracking (which I don't mind).post #1824 of 37149/23/13 at 1:03amQuote:
Considering you are closer to him than I am by distance - I would assume so. I had tracking for the DAC.post #1825 of 37149/23/13 at 1:05amQuote:
I had for the DAC too, not for the Converter I bought 2 weeks after.post #1826 of 37149/23/13 at 1:22am@ potterma
Yes, when the gain is at a level where it can't make the amp clip, it is part of the equation, but doesn't tell you how much power the amp has and thus how loud it will be able to play a certain headphone. Usually a high power amp will have a high gain and a low power amp will have little, but there are different gains in different amps even though they have the same wattage.
I short: the HiFiMan 801 & 901 with balanced amp card hasn't enough power to make HE-6 play loud, but since the gain isn't overly high, but rather slightly lower than perhaps desirable, the amp doesn't clip even though volume is max'ed. This applies to any headphone connected to the amp (as long as it can handle the output power undistorted itself).post #1827 of 37149/23/13 at 2:02amQuote:
I may have a change of heart after all. I just purchased the AMR DP-777. I'll test it out with and with out the converter. The USB implementation is pretty good from the little I heard. Didn't hear the SPDIF inputs yet though..post #1828 of 37149/23/13 at 10:34amQuote:
Wow that's not bad at all! Small, and only $500. What exactly would you need when you say a resistor box?post #1829 of 37149/23/13 at 11:05ampost #1830 of 37149/23/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
can I get a product example?
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Dolphins 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 6 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 7 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3