i think i am going to go with the emotiva. what are some dacs that work well with the he6 and emotiva mini x a100? I have ps audio dl3 and bifrost uber. I am sending the bifrost back and selling the dl3.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 44739/22/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
JK Ciunas DAC.post #1818 of 44739/22/13 at 6:41pmpost #1819 of 44739/22/13 at 7:51pm
Just don't use preproman's name when ordering - or it will be ages before you get yours....
Got mine within a month.post #1820 of 44739/22/13 at 8:37pm
It does very well. I had a slight hiss, but I had to really listen for it over the noise of my computer fan. The F1 edged it out in micro-detail, slightly more bass extension and highs that were a bit smoother. For the money, definitely worth looking into.post #1821 of 44739/22/13 at 8:46pmQuote:"It doesn't get loud enough" says there is insufficient gain in the amplifier circuit. This does not infer anything about the sufficiency of the power supply rails. As a matter of fact, if the power supply rails are too low, you risk clipping because of the low voltage available.
So it seems that it IS about gain, after all....post #1822 of 44739/23/13 at 12:04amQuote:
Your not lying, I still didn't get my converter..post #1823 of 44739/23/13 at 12:47am
I suppose he ships using standart international, which takes weeks to reach the USA...
Got my converter this weekend but didn't get any tracking (which I don't mind).post #1824 of 44739/23/13 at 1:03amQuote:
Considering you are closer to him than I am by distance - I would assume so. I had tracking for the DAC.post #1825 of 44739/23/13 at 1:05amQuote:
I had for the DAC too, not for the Converter I bought 2 weeks after.post #1826 of 44739/23/13 at 1:22am@ potterma
Yes, when the gain is at a level where it can't make the amp clip, it is part of the equation, but doesn't tell you how much power the amp has and thus how loud it will be able to play a certain headphone. Usually a high power amp will have a high gain and a low power amp will have little, but there are different gains in different amps even though they have the same wattage.
I short: the HiFiMan 801 & 901 with balanced amp card hasn't enough power to make HE-6 play loud, but since the gain isn't overly high, but rather slightly lower than perhaps desirable, the amp doesn't clip even though volume is max'ed. This applies to any headphone connected to the amp (as long as it can handle the output power undistorted itself).post #1827 of 44739/23/13 at 2:02amQuote:
I may have a change of heart after all. I just purchased the AMR DP-777. I'll test it out with and with out the converter. The USB implementation is pretty good from the little I heard. Didn't hear the SPDIF inputs yet though..post #1828 of 44739/23/13 at 10:34amQuote:
Wow that's not bad at all! Small, and only $500. What exactly would you need when you say a resistor box?post #1829 of 44739/23/13 at 11:05ampost #1830 of 44739/23/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
can I get a product example?
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 59 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S 4 minutes ago
- › Good amp to pair with HD800S/He400i 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse