i think i am going to go with the emotiva. what are some dacs that work well with the he6 and emotiva mini x a100? I have ps audio dl3 and bifrost uber. I am sending the bifrost back and selling the dl3.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 49689/22/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
JK Ciunas DAC.post #1818 of 49689/22/13 at 6:41pmpost #1819 of 49689/22/13 at 7:51pm
Just don't use preproman's name when ordering - or it will be ages before you get yours....
Got mine within a month.post #1820 of 49689/22/13 at 8:37pm
It does very well. I had a slight hiss, but I had to really listen for it over the noise of my computer fan. The F1 edged it out in micro-detail, slightly more bass extension and highs that were a bit smoother. For the money, definitely worth looking into.post #1821 of 49689/22/13 at 8:46pmQuote:"It doesn't get loud enough" says there is insufficient gain in the amplifier circuit. This does not infer anything about the sufficiency of the power supply rails. As a matter of fact, if the power supply rails are too low, you risk clipping because of the low voltage available.
So it seems that it IS about gain, after all....post #1822 of 49689/23/13 at 12:04amQuote:
Your not lying, I still didn't get my converter..post #1823 of 49689/23/13 at 12:47am
I suppose he ships using standart international, which takes weeks to reach the USA...
Got my converter this weekend but didn't get any tracking (which I don't mind).post #1824 of 49689/23/13 at 1:03amQuote:
Considering you are closer to him than I am by distance - I would assume so. I had tracking for the DAC.post #1825 of 49689/23/13 at 1:05amQuote:
I had for the DAC too, not for the Converter I bought 2 weeks after.post #1826 of 49689/23/13 at 1:22am@ potterma
Yes, when the gain is at a level where it can't make the amp clip, it is part of the equation, but doesn't tell you how much power the amp has and thus how loud it will be able to play a certain headphone. Usually a high power amp will have a high gain and a low power amp will have little, but there are different gains in different amps even though they have the same wattage.
I short: the HiFiMan 801 & 901 with balanced amp card hasn't enough power to make HE-6 play loud, but since the gain isn't overly high, but rather slightly lower than perhaps desirable, the amp doesn't clip even though volume is max'ed. This applies to any headphone connected to the amp (as long as it can handle the output power undistorted itself).post #1827 of 49689/23/13 at 2:02amQuote:
I may have a change of heart after all. I just purchased the AMR DP-777. I'll test it out with and with out the converter. The USB implementation is pretty good from the little I heard. Didn't hear the SPDIF inputs yet though..post #1828 of 49689/23/13 at 10:34amQuote:
Wow that's not bad at all! Small, and only $500. What exactly would you need when you say a resistor box?post #1829 of 49689/23/13 at 11:05ampost #1830 of 49689/23/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
can I get a product example?
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 DAC and Headphone Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 12 minutes ago
- › Marantz HD DAC1 vs Soundblaster Z 13 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear