Lyr --> HE-500 no question..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 6/18/15 at 8:36am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 118post #1756 of 41179/18/13 at 6:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1757 of 41179/18/13 at 7:20pmpost #1758 of 41179/18/13 at 7:41pmQuote:
Not much of a fair comparison, I'd take a HE-500 driver out of a vintage over the HE-500 and soloist pair.post #1759 of 41179/18/13 at 7:48pmpost #1760 of 41179/18/13 at 7:49pmpost #1761 of 41179/18/13 at 7:52pmpost #1762 of 41179/18/13 at 8:02pmpost #1763 of 41179/18/13 at 8:09pmQuote:
Eh, well that is not the point I was aiming for though. Just the headphone out of a Marantz SR4023, which I did not think was a very well respected amp. Well also I would of course take the HE-6 over the HE-500 both out of the Soloist.post #1764 of 41179/18/13 at 8:19pmpost #1765 of 41179/18/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
Ah, well I'll clarify then:
HE-6/Vintage Unit > HE-500/Vintage unit > HE-500/Soloist
The SR4023 is definitely a newer unit. The headphone amplifier on the front of these units is a totally different implementation than the older ones.post #1766 of 41179/18/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
I know, that is why I clarified, although I never said vintage to begin with.I am curious though, as it was left out of your preference order; HE-6/Soloist vs. HE-500/Soloist?post #1767 of 41179/18/13 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gneiss
I know, that is why I clarified, although I never said vintage to begin with.I am curious though, as it was left out of your preference order; HE-6/Soloist vs. HE-500/Soloist?
Ooops! That's what I get for reading and responding to multiple threads at a time
IMO, the HE-500 was an easier listening experience w/ the Soloist. My HE-6 always sounded a little rough on the treble and didn't have enough bass impact down low with the Soloist. I've heard mixed reviews on the HE-6 w/ the Soloist, but that's my take. I also think there is some variation with the HE-6 drivers over time, so that may also be contributing
Seems like you're a little stuck on the Soloist. When I had one, I didn't really dig it all that much with the Hifiman. I didn't really dig it with a lot of phones unfortunately, but if you ever get a chance with a pair of T1s, whew. Let's just say after I sold the Soloist, I later sold the T1s. No amplifier could really make them sound as good.post #1768 of 41179/18/13 at 9:31pm
Ha ha well the T1 is what I listen to the most often! Although sad to hear that that is the end of the road in your view, as I am getting fed up with the attenuator on the Soloist. I was planning on getting the Ragnarok to power everything.post #1769 of 41179/18/13 at 9:37pmQuote:Hah! That's actually why I sold it ultimately. I understand why they have it in there, but imagine with my Denon D7000. It was awful. I still hesitant to change the volume even on my Matrix M-stage. I'm scarred for life.Who knows what the Rag will bring, but for me, when I tried the T1s on just about every other amplifier I had access, they just didn't have that synergy I found with the Soloist. I'm pretty excited for the Rag, not because I'll get one, but because I think I'll grab an used Mjolnir
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 20 seconds ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 23 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Forg3D Shields Unveiled - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › IEMs Under $500, Good bass, isolation and could fall asleep with... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 9 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design - Heaven VIII -FI-HE8BSS- Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)