Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAudio-gd NFB-10tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBottlehead Crack OTLtagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/23/10
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 12/23/10
- productMusical Fidelity X-Can v3tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 6/20/12
- brandSugdentagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/8/14 at 2:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 114post #1696 of 26428/15/13 at 1:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1697 of 26428/15/13 at 12:49pmpost #1698 of 26428/15/13 at 12:53pmpost #1699 of 26428/15/13 at 12:56pmpost #1700 of 26428/15/13 at 1:00pmpost #1701 of 26428/15/13 at 1:01pm
Aw man - she's not going anywhere. I need her for the TH900s and the Alpha Dogs and the AD2Ks. She's the best all around amp I have or I have heard. It use to be the Beta22 that owned that title.post #1702 of 26428/15/13 at 1:01pmpost #1703 of 26428/15/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
We need for photos of that bad boy..post #1704 of 26428/15/13 at 1:02pmQuote:
Hey, it was worth askingpost #1705 of 26428/15/13 at 1:17pmpost #1706 of 26428/15/13 at 1:51pmpost #1707 of 26428/15/13 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by prepromanQuote:Originally Posted by magicman
here is an interesting new amp from Kingwa for HE-6
it may as always blow out the whole competition for the price ...
check out the interiors, performance (audio precision) and power output
connecting to DAC using current domain (ACSS) and here you are ...
He beat beat Schiit to it with this amp. I guess they will be similar is some ways.. This amp vs. the Rag....
Came here to post this for you HE-6 heads. Thought someone might find it interesting. I actually had the exact same thoughts as prepro on this one. I certainly would be interested to read a review if anyone gets one. Looks great based on the specs.
22W @ 25 ohm
16W @ 40 ohm
7000mW @ 100 ohm
just make sure
Please note : Before operate the Precision 1, you are better read the Use Manual page.post #1708 of 26428/15/13 at 5:27pm
In this hobby, food is overrated! Get back to us on the Krell first. Then find yourself some nutrition.post #1709 of 26428/15/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
Waiting to get off work so I can get home! I'll give you guys a little taste with some pictures then I'll post impressions after dinner.
You also underestimate the foodie/fatass that I ampost #1710 of 26428/15/13 at 7:33pm
Here it is all plugged in
Apparently "002" on the volume is already my normal listening volume...
There is still too much excitement surging through me so I can't say much so far. All I can say is I notice a ton of bass extension. I'm not blown away yet, but I'm definitely NOT disappointed! And none of my gear is warmed up yet!
- Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › sell hd600 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › $350CAD HERUS: Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0, 24bit 352.8Ks/S, DXD and... 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for new iem/earphone under 150$. Mostly metal music. 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Bob Dylan albums - Itunes vs. everything else. 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude