Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 111

post #1651 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Sig is updated, I've grown up quite a bit to say the least wink_face.gif

Sell the HE-500s Buy the LCD-3sbiggrin.gif

post #1652 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Sell the HE-500s Buy the LCD-3sbiggrin.gif

Yeah they are currently on the chopping block, LCD-3s are in my sights, but i think im going to wait it out for the 4s smily_headphones1.gif Heck, with all the hype on the Alpha Dogs, I might just bypass Audeze all together.


Edited by brunk - 8/13/13 at 5:04pm
post #1653 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Yeah they are currently on the chopping block, LCD-3s are in my sights, but i think im going to wait it out for the 4s smily_headphones1.gif Heck, with all the hype on the Alpha Dogs, I might just bypass Audeze all together.

Forget the Lcd3 and get some Staxes =p.

post #1654 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post

Forget the Lcd3 and get some Staxes =p.

Yeah I'm holding off on that until the prices for a TOTL setup is atleast reasonable, and I've noticed a few manufacturers have taken notice the past year so...

post #1655 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Yeah I'm holding off on that until the prices for a TOTL setup is atleast reasonable, and I've noticed a few manufacturers have taken notice the past year so...

Now is actually the best time to get a 009 since the yen is weak. You have to wait a few months to get them after deposit though. The 007mk1 price is always the same the past few years.

 

Even the Lambdas can give you some change of flavour =p.

post #1656 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post

Now is actually the best time to get a 009 since the yen is weak. You have to wait a few months to get them after deposit though. The 007mk1 price is always the same the past few years.

 

Even the Lambdas can give you some change of flavour =p.

Don't tempt me lol evil_smiley.gif

post #1657 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Don't tempt me lol evil_smiley.gif

Oh yes I forgot to mention the TakeT H2, He-60, Koss 950, or the He-Jade (if you can find one).

 

You know you want it: dynamic, planar, stat - one or two of each flavours very_evil_smiley.gif

post #1658 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post

Oh yes I forgot to mention the TakeT H2, He-60, Koss 950, or the He-Jade (if you can find one).

 

You know you want it: dynamic, planar, stat - one or two of each flavours very_evil_smiley.gif

Lord have mercy on my wallet! beerchug.gif

post #1659 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post

 

Now is actually the best time to get a 009 since the yen is weak. You have to wait a few months to get them after deposit though. The 007mk1 price is always the same the past few years.

 

Even the Lambdas can give you some change of flavour =p.

 

Due to the exchange rate, I just pulled the trigger on the 009s last Saturday. Jack Wu said 4 weeks. This means I had to cancel my order for the HE-6 last week.

post #1660 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Due to the exchange rate, I just pulled the trigger on the 009s last Saturday. Jack Wu said 4 weeks. This means I had to cancel my order for the HE-6 last week.

Hmm isn't the retail price of Woo audio 5k ish, while PJ price is ~3.5k ish? I'm guessing you also grab a WEE to try speaker tap from your many amps =p.

 

I'm sure you'll join the club soon anyway. With so many irons, it would be really strange to not go speaker taps frenzy on all of them tongue_smile.gif

post #1661 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Due to the exchange rate, I just pulled the trigger on the 009s last Saturday. Jack Wu said 4 weeks. This means I had to cancel my order for the HE-6 last week.
Then we retract the keys to the HE-6 lounge.
post #1662 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post

 

Hmm isn't the retail price of Woo audio 5k ish, while PJ price is ~3.5k ish? I'm guessing you also grab a WEE to try speaker tap from your many amps =p.

 

I'm sure you'll join the club soon anyway. With so many irons, it would be really strange to not go speaker taps frenzy on all of them tongue_smile.gif

 

It was an impulse buy - that's what I get for not shopping. rolleyes.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Then we retract the keys to the HE-6 lounge.

 

The HE-6 is still in the plans! When I recover financially, will pick 'em up pre-owned. Meanwhile, will still follow the adventures here. biggrin.gif 

post #1663 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Due to the exchange rate, I just pulled the trigger on the 009s last Saturday. Jack Wu said 4 weeks. This means I had to cancel my order for the HE-6 last week.

 

That's the way to do it while the Yen is low.

post #1664 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post

 

That's the way to do it while the Yen is low.

But she paid the "Woo price" for them rolleyes.gif

post #1665 of 3537

Soo... is there any other worthwhile mods for the HE-6 besides hardwiring? wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones