I just ordered a new pair of Grado 325is and the uDac-2 amp to play on my iPod and computer. I play mostly FLAC/Apple lossless. What can I expect from the headphone/amp combo? And what is the difference between the 325is and the 325i? Does anyone like one more than the other?
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 12/23/10
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sell everything for a RS1? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Deciding on which grado... Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The completely wireless Axgio Dash seems to be a pair of $49 Apple Airpod killer. I was skeptical at first. The Dash arrived in a small, simple no frills box. It looks exactly like the packaging...
*I was provided a review sample by iFi for the Black Label tour* iFi Micro iDSD BLACK LABEL Packaging and Build Quality The iDSD Black Label came packaged in a sturdy, well presented...
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
New Grado 325is + uDac-2 amppost #1 of 412/22/10 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/22/10 at 3:57pmpost #3 of 412/22/10 at 5:26pm
I've been pairing my SR80's with a udac2 for quite a while and it's a great synergy. It's just a teensy bit warm, which benefits the grados immensely.
As for the sr325's, I've never heard them, but from the reviews I read, you may need to blast your ears out for several years before you can handle the treble
Then again, you might like the sparkle they provide. Who knows?post #4 of 412/22/10 at 5:40pm
Not true at all. The 325's have a wonderful sound, especially with a warm amp/DAC. When I demoed my 325's...I demoed the entire lineup except for the PS1000 and the HF series. I would take the 325 over any of them except the RS1 or the GS1000.
- New Grado 325is + uDac-2 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 26 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 55 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 1 minute ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Marshall's new cans, the Monitor headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-4 ? 5 minutes ago
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear