I just ordered a new pair of Grado 325is and the uDac-2 amp to play on my iPod and computer. I play mostly FLAC/Apple lossless. What can I expect from the headphone/amp combo? And what is the difference between the 325is and the 325i? Does anyone like one more than the other?
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 12/23/10
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sell everything for a RS1? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Deciding on which grado... Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
New Grado 325is + uDac-2 amppost #1 of 412/22/10 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/22/10 at 3:57pmpost #3 of 412/22/10 at 5:26pm
I've been pairing my SR80's with a udac2 for quite a while and it's a great synergy. It's just a teensy bit warm, which benefits the grados immensely.
As for the sr325's, I've never heard them, but from the reviews I read, you may need to blast your ears out for several years before you can handle the treble
Then again, you might like the sparkle they provide. Who knows?post #4 of 412/22/10 at 5:40pm
Not true at all. The 325's have a wonderful sound, especially with a warm amp/DAC. When I demoed my 325's...I demoed the entire lineup except for the PS1000 and the HF series. I would take the 325 over any of them except the RS1 or the GS1000.
- New Grado 325is + uDac-2 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Buying new headphones. Help needed. 25 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 2 minutes ago
- › Galaxy S5 impedance... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2