I just ordered a new pair of Grado 325is and the uDac-2 amp to play on my iPod and computer. I play mostly FLAC/Apple lossless. What can I expect from the headphone/amp combo? And what is the difference between the 325is and the 325i? Does anyone like one more than the other?
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 12/23/10
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sell everything for a RS1? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Deciding on which grado... Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
New Grado 325is + uDac-2 amppost #1 of 412/22/10 at 3:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/22/10 at 3:57pmpost #3 of 412/22/10 at 5:26pm
I've been pairing my SR80's with a udac2 for quite a while and it's a great synergy. It's just a teensy bit warm, which benefits the grados immensely.
As for the sr325's, I've never heard them, but from the reviews I read, you may need to blast your ears out for several years before you can handle the treble
Then again, you might like the sparkle they provide. Who knows?post #4 of 412/22/10 at 5:40pm
Not true at all. The 325's have a wonderful sound, especially with a warm amp/DAC. When I demoed my 325's...I demoed the entire lineup except for the PS1000 and the HF series. I would take the 325 over any of them except the RS1 or the GS1000.
- New Grado 325is + uDac-2 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › HD25s Broke...Looking for recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › Denon LA-7000 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › New Version LA-7000 (Denon AH-D7000) in Museum Grade Redwood Burl... 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Help finding perfect closed headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › IC: L3000+DHA3000 12 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)