Here is some data about my needs and what I'm looking for.
Objective: Almost exclusively for Music. To wear outside, on the street, in the bus, train, anywhere I go.
Source: Unamped. Portable players exclusively. At the moment, iPhone 3GS.
Comfort: Important, got big head and ears. Leaning towards circumaural.
Music: Jpop, Kpop.. Pop. Bit of indie/alt-Rock like Paramore and Metric. Fan of vocal trance. Also slow, melodic Music. While I like Trance, I care most about vocals, mids and highs. Bass isnt a big deal for me. When in the mood, I listen to pretty much everything.
Portability: The only thing that worries me in this regard is Cable lenght. I personally don't know if you can walk around with 3m of cable hanging of you. I'd feel more comfortable with the standard 1,2-1,5m cable. You might know better about the 3m issue. I also read some HPs you can change the cable.
Soundstage: Large, if possible.
Headphones that I've come across:
1. Sennheiser HD25 II: Supra Aural? Good size, cable lenght right, supposed to sound good.
2. Audio Technica M50: FOTM headphone. Cable lenght maybe too long?
3. Shure srh-750dj: Supposed to sound good, but maybe too bassy for my taste.
4. Sennheiser (hd558 or others): While this is one of my favourite brands, the headphones in this Category are "Open", I think that wouldn't be the best for using outside.
5. AKG k240 mk2: Read some good Reviews; really don't know.
6. Beats by Dr. Dre: I heard these and they sounded awesome. No, just kidding.
7. Shure srh-840: Something inside me tells me this is the right choice, but I don't wanna make any mistakes. I read on these you can change the cord?
That's it for now, I hope you can help me decide. If needed, i'll edit the post. Took me long to type with the iPhone, pc is on rma.
Thanks, and Merry Christmas.