^^yea welli just need the DAC...more amping on these will blow my eardrums! and E7 will amp a bit anyway..its not like they wont amp at all rite?
- categoryOver Ear
- itemSony MDR XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Thank You Headfi! Got my SONY MDR XB700..loving it! - Page 2post #16 of 3412/21/10 at 9:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3412/21/10 at 9:06am
the e5 and e7 will of course amplify sound, thats what they are made to do. just don't expect a huge increase from what your ipod and computer already do. i could easily max out the e5 when used with my smartphone and xb500's., but it was still louder than the smartphone was by itself..
post #18 of 3412/21/10 at 9:17amThread Starterpost #19 of 3412/21/10 at 9:18amQuote:
March. And it's just an amp. Oh, and an amp doesn't just make it louder. Think of premium fuel in a sports car vs regular fuel.
Edited by Ishcabible - 12/21/10 at 9:22ampost #20 of 3412/21/10 at 9:20ampost #21 of 3412/21/10 at 9:21ampost #22 of 3412/21/10 at 9:22am
Amping isn't just about volume. A powerful amp will tighten up areas on headphones, like making bass punchier and more controlled. Straight volume boosting seems to be the most common misconception about amping. The XB700 is dreadfully loud without any amp.post #23 of 3412/21/10 at 9:28amThread Starter
alrite thanks for all the valuable input...will get E7 only then..any of u have any idea what is the full burning time of XB 700 ? and do i have to keep them on for all those hours or it burns everytime i use them after a long break?post #24 of 3412/21/10 at 9:31amQuote:
Well XB500 shouldn't be amped in first place not with a E5 at least (bass boost setting will mudden up sound masking fine details and flat setting will take away its soul), it'll only provide worse result. XB700 is a completely different animal though.post #25 of 3412/21/10 at 9:48amThread Starter
ok so will E9 improve my SQ as much as E7 ? basically i want more sound qualiy and clarity..so i assume a DAC/AMP [E7] will do it better than just an amp i.e E9
AND what about the burning time on these? how much time it requires?
Edited by ethan3686 - 12/21/10 at 9:53ampost #26 of 3412/21/10 at 10:04am
Tweaking EQ is easiest and cheapest way to improve the sound quality & clarity, I think they did sound pretty clear and close to their full potential out of box though without EQing but the mids are somewhat recessed and it lacks some punch in the bass so I'd start by boosting the 125 - 2kHz range (biggest boost at 1 - 2kHz) and then move on to the highs and try increase those slightly to see if it will bring an improvement.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/21/10 at 10:15ampost #27 of 3412/21/10 at 10:12amThread Starterpost #28 of 3412/21/10 at 10:26am
I don't use winamp cuz foobar2000 is better, especially when you add dolby headphone plugin to it as well. If you want to try for yourself try this preconfigured foobar2000 config by me (It's not EQd for XB700 though, I've only adjusted the EQ in it to balance out the sound what dolby headphone plugin changes which is quite a lot of added deep bass which I adjusted out so it should sound roughly close to what winamp does unEQd for example): http://cid-87ed83e2c9fd453c.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/foobar2000.zip - You only need to extract it somewhere and everything will be setup as it should (if no output is heard then you may have to change output device in foobar2000 config).
Winamp use the standard 10-band EQ setup meaning the bands are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz and 16kHz from left to right.
foobar2000 uses a 18-band EQ and it says which band is which there and it works a lot better than winamp's EQ which quickly distorts sound.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/21/10 at 10:29ampost #29 of 3412/21/10 at 10:32am
- Thank You Headfi! Got my SONY MDR XB700..loving it!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Scosche rh1056m one of the most underated headphones ever!!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire w. Siemens Tubes *** 230V Unit *** 2 minutes ago
- › Ifi iLink USB converter 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Sansui SS10 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe