Are the ED8 a good all around can? I listen to a wide variety of music and wonder if the cost of this headphone would be justified to replace multiple sets. I like the form factor for transportability. My main concern revolves around their performance in regards to trance. I love the Pro 750 for trance and jazz but I feel it falls short for rock and blues. Ideally it should be as good as my HF2 for rock and blues and the Pro 750 for trance and jazz. Any thoughts?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/20/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 12/20/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ken Rockwell Audio Reviews - Ultrasone Edition 8 and Stax Last post on 3/23/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone edition 10 "THE BUTTERFLY" initial impressions Last post on 3/21/15 at 11:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
Edition 8 good all-arounder?post #1 of 2112/20/10 at 7:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2112/20/10 at 7:37am
For a closed headphone, I've found none better. It does rock, metal, jazz, acoustic and classical all very well. Sorry, I don't listen to trance music...makes me feel like I'm playing Wipeout on my PS3.post #3 of 2112/20/10 at 7:41amThread Starterpost #4 of 2112/20/10 at 9:50amThread Starterpost #5 of 2112/20/10 at 10:34ampost #6 of 2112/20/10 at 11:17am
Low bass performance of the Edition 8 is highly dependent on amplification. I've heard totally different presentation of lowest notes of the ED8 from two different devices. I don't remember a headphone performing the low bass better. The Edition 9 maybe but it's guessing from memory.post #7 of 2112/25/10 at 5:15am
I haven´t heard many headphones with less sub bass then the ED 8. Look at the graphs at headphone.com seem true to me. That said I don´t miss it that often it´s obviously a concious design choice. Though it´s one reason it do great on tubes and is totally awful on something like an Ipod touch where it gets all trebly with mid bass punch ;).post #8 of 2112/25/10 at 7:16ampost #9 of 2112/25/10 at 8:28ampost #10 of 2112/25/10 at 9:39am
I suppose there is more then me that don´t do audiophile listening while on the go. I am very happy with my Porta Pro though it would be nice if it isolated a bit better. I hate the Touch/ED8 combo with a passion.post #11 of 2112/25/10 at 10:23ampost #12 of 2112/26/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
I meant sound quality. Not looking for it to be the best at anything. Just great with everything as I'm tired of multiple cans for different genres. I have had the ED8 in my possesion now for a couple of days. Things are sounding good so far. I do notice the lack of sub bass but it isn't bothersome. The sibilance is what has me on the fence. For the record, I'm only using and AE-2 for an amp at the moment.post #13 of 2112/26/10 at 1:18pm
Wow, i don't notice a lack of bass or any sibilance. Maybe because my amp, although it is solid state is a very tubey warm sounding amp, even warmer than my tube amp by quite a bit actually. I have had the Ed 8 LE for about two months or so.post #14 of 2112/26/10 at 2:35pmThread Starterpost #15 of 2112/26/10 at 5:16pmQuote:
That might very well be your amp...my Edition 8LEs go very deep with my MAD Ear+HD tube amp (almost as deep as my D7000 (now sold) or LCD-2s).
- Edition 8 good all-arounder?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › WTB: Beyerdynamic T90 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WireWorld Silver Starlight 7 Digital (RCA to RCA - 0.5M) 6 minutes ago
- › WireWorld Silver Starlight 7 (USB A to B - 0.5M) 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)