Are the ED8 a good all around can? I listen to a wide variety of music and wonder if the cost of this headphone would be justified to replace multiple sets. I like the form factor for transportability. My main concern revolves around their performance in regards to trance. I love the Pro 750 for trance and jazz but I feel it falls short for rock and blues. Ideally it should be as good as my HF2 for rock and blues and the Pro 750 for trance and jazz. Any thoughts?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/20/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 12/20/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ken Rockwell Audio Reviews - Ultrasone Edition 8 and Stax Last post on 3/23/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone edition 10 "THE BUTTERFLY" initial impressions Last post on 10/24/13 at 9:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Edition 8 good all-arounder?post #1 of 2112/20/10 at 7:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2112/20/10 at 7:37am
For a closed headphone, I've found none better. It does rock, metal, jazz, acoustic and classical all very well. Sorry, I don't listen to trance music...makes me feel like I'm playing Wipeout on my PS3.post #3 of 2112/20/10 at 7:41amThread Starterpost #4 of 2112/20/10 at 9:50amThread Starterpost #5 of 2112/20/10 at 10:34ampost #6 of 2112/20/10 at 11:17am
Low bass performance of the Edition 8 is highly dependent on amplification. I've heard totally different presentation of lowest notes of the ED8 from two different devices. I don't remember a headphone performing the low bass better. The Edition 9 maybe but it's guessing from memory.post #7 of 2112/25/10 at 5:15am
I haven´t heard many headphones with less sub bass then the ED 8. Look at the graphs at headphone.com seem true to me. That said I don´t miss it that often it´s obviously a concious design choice. Though it´s one reason it do great on tubes and is totally awful on something like an Ipod touch where it gets all trebly with mid bass punch ;).post #8 of 2112/25/10 at 7:16ampost #9 of 2112/25/10 at 8:28ampost #10 of 2112/25/10 at 9:39am
I suppose there is more then me that don´t do audiophile listening while on the go. I am very happy with my Porta Pro though it would be nice if it isolated a bit better. I hate the Touch/ED8 combo with a passion.post #11 of 2112/25/10 at 10:23ampost #12 of 2112/26/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
I meant sound quality. Not looking for it to be the best at anything. Just great with everything as I'm tired of multiple cans for different genres. I have had the ED8 in my possesion now for a couple of days. Things are sounding good so far. I do notice the lack of sub bass but it isn't bothersome. The sibilance is what has me on the fence. For the record, I'm only using and AE-2 for an amp at the moment.post #13 of 2112/26/10 at 1:18pm
Wow, i don't notice a lack of bass or any sibilance. Maybe because my amp, although it is solid state is a very tubey warm sounding amp, even warmer than my tube amp by quite a bit actually. I have had the Ed 8 LE for about two months or so.post #14 of 2112/26/10 at 2:35pmThread Starterpost #15 of 2112/26/10 at 5:16pmQuote:
That might very well be your amp...my Edition 8LEs go very deep with my MAD Ear+HD tube amp (almost as deep as my D7000 (now sold) or LCD-2s).
- Edition 8 good all-arounder?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 24 seconds ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 1 minute ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 2 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 3 minutes ago
- › Most comfortable headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › hi, i have a samsung Note 3 and i need help finding a mod/app to... 5 minutes ago
- › Recommend Speakers for my room? 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)