Are the ED8 a good all around can? I listen to a wide variety of music and wonder if the cost of this headphone would be justified to replace multiple sets. I like the form factor for transportability. My main concern revolves around their performance in regards to trance. I love the Pro 750 for trance and jazz but I feel it falls short for rock and blues. Ideally it should be as good as my HF2 for rock and blues and the Pro 750 for trance and jazz. Any thoughts?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/20/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 12/20/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 12/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ken Rockwell Audio Reviews - Ultrasone Edition 8 and Stax Last post on 3/23/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone edition 10 "THE BUTTERFLY" initial impressions Last post on 3/21/15 at 11:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Edition 8 good all-arounder?post #1 of 2112/20/10 at 7:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2112/20/10 at 7:37am
For a closed headphone, I've found none better. It does rock, metal, jazz, acoustic and classical all very well. Sorry, I don't listen to trance music...makes me feel like I'm playing Wipeout on my PS3.post #3 of 2112/20/10 at 7:41amThread Starterpost #4 of 2112/20/10 at 9:50amThread Starterpost #5 of 2112/20/10 at 10:34ampost #6 of 2112/20/10 at 11:17am
Low bass performance of the Edition 8 is highly dependent on amplification. I've heard totally different presentation of lowest notes of the ED8 from two different devices. I don't remember a headphone performing the low bass better. The Edition 9 maybe but it's guessing from memory.post #7 of 2112/25/10 at 5:15am
I haven´t heard many headphones with less sub bass then the ED 8. Look at the graphs at headphone.com seem true to me. That said I don´t miss it that often it´s obviously a concious design choice. Though it´s one reason it do great on tubes and is totally awful on something like an Ipod touch where it gets all trebly with mid bass punch ;).post #8 of 2112/25/10 at 7:16ampost #9 of 2112/25/10 at 8:28ampost #10 of 2112/25/10 at 9:39am
I suppose there is more then me that don´t do audiophile listening while on the go. I am very happy with my Porta Pro though it would be nice if it isolated a bit better. I hate the Touch/ED8 combo with a passion.post #11 of 2112/25/10 at 10:23ampost #12 of 2112/26/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
I meant sound quality. Not looking for it to be the best at anything. Just great with everything as I'm tired of multiple cans for different genres. I have had the ED8 in my possesion now for a couple of days. Things are sounding good so far. I do notice the lack of sub bass but it isn't bothersome. The sibilance is what has me on the fence. For the record, I'm only using and AE-2 for an amp at the moment.post #13 of 2112/26/10 at 1:18pm
Wow, i don't notice a lack of bass or any sibilance. Maybe because my amp, although it is solid state is a very tubey warm sounding amp, even warmer than my tube amp by quite a bit actually. I have had the Ed 8 LE for about two months or so.post #14 of 2112/26/10 at 2:35pmThread Starterpost #15 of 2112/26/10 at 5:16pmQuote:
That might very well be your amp...my Edition 8LEs go very deep with my MAD Ear+HD tube amp (almost as deep as my D7000 (now sold) or LCD-2s).
- Edition 8 good all-arounder?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Masters and Dynamic MH40 headphones black 10 seconds ago
- › PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Basic iE200HD and iE300HD IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Is this any good for a DAC 5 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...