Just wanting to get some thoughts on Grados used with DECWARE amps. I have the SR325i's and I am heading in to my local DECWARE dealer soon to demo some stuff but just wanted to get some insight before hand.
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Budgeting for a Tube Amp for Grado 325is Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO Pan Am vs Bottlehead Crack and HRT MusicStreamer II + Last post on 7/20/14 at 3:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Review Of The Remax RM-S1 IEM 06/28/16 So like many I'm not exactly into a super flat sound signature. I like some bass at times, actually pretty much all the time. I own flat...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
DECWARE and Grados...post #1 of 912/19/10 at 9:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/20/10 at 8:26am
On paper, its OTL design would make it a less than ideal choice, but you might be surprised, the audio would is full of them thank goodness. Skylab has reported that some of his low impedance headphones did well with the Decware. Let us know how it went!post #3 of 912/20/10 at 12:01pmThread Starter
Certainly will. Probably won't be for a month or so. I am actually in the market for a new DAC more than I am an amp so I am waiting for my dealer to get in the DECWARE DAC so I can demo that against my Keces and the Citypulse that he also stocks. I was just wondering about the amps too because those things are like art...I would love to have one sitting on my shelf. But of course only if it sounds the part too...lolpost #4 of 912/20/10 at 12:18pmQuote:
I'm pretty sure the mini torii does have an output transformer. "Proprietary Iron - Decware output transformers are a big factor in the fidelity of our amplifiers. They are USA made from the best grain oriented silicon steel cores and best sounding copper magnet wire with careful interleaving for wide bandwidth."post #5 of 912/20/10 at 5:25pm
Well the CSP2+ is OTL, and the Mini is only marketed toward HE and LCD2 owners really. But like I said before, some OTLs are great with low Impedance cans, just not all of them.post #6 of 912/20/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Not all Decware are OTL. I use the CSP-2 on the LCD2 and it does very well but I did order a custom Taboo which is a 6W speaker amp that Steve put a headphone jack in for me and it is transformer. I will be using the CSP-2 as a preamp driving the Taboo with the LCD2 and also monitor speakers . So many of Decware amps like the Torri and the Taboo and others are not OTL.post #7 of 91/21/11 at 9:19ampost #8 of 91/21/11 at 12:49pmQuote:
there is a posted review in this forum on the Taboo which was posted yesterday its all in therepost #9 of 91/21/11 at 12:51pmQuote:
Mini Torri is a speaker amp marketed for speakers as is the Taboo. Rob had the first amp in the Torri and I in the Taboo. But decware sells these amps for high efficiency speakers and they do very well.
- DECWARE and Grados...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 15 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › what is most powerfull PORTABLE amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Open back vs. closed back 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 6 minutes ago
- › Do amps really make a difference? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...