Just wanting to get some thoughts on Grados used with DECWARE amps. I have the SR325i's and I am heading in to my local DECWARE dealer soon to demo some stuff but just wanted to get some insight before hand.
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Budgeting for a Tube Amp for Grado 325is Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ALO Pan Am vs Bottlehead Crack and HRT MusicStreamer II + Last post on 7/20/14 at 3:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amps for HD 600: Bottlehead Crack vs. Audio-GD NFB 15.32 Last post on 7/1/13 at 10:23am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
DECWARE and Grados...post #1 of 912/19/10 at 9:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/20/10 at 8:26am
On paper, its OTL design would make it a less than ideal choice, but you might be surprised, the audio would is full of them thank goodness. Skylab has reported that some of his low impedance headphones did well with the Decware. Let us know how it went!post #3 of 912/20/10 at 12:01pmThread Starter
Certainly will. Probably won't be for a month or so. I am actually in the market for a new DAC more than I am an amp so I am waiting for my dealer to get in the DECWARE DAC so I can demo that against my Keces and the Citypulse that he also stocks. I was just wondering about the amps too because those things are like art...I would love to have one sitting on my shelf. But of course only if it sounds the part too...lolpost #4 of 912/20/10 at 12:18pmQuote:
I'm pretty sure the mini torii does have an output transformer. "Proprietary Iron - Decware output transformers are a big factor in the fidelity of our amplifiers. They are USA made from the best grain oriented silicon steel cores and best sounding copper magnet wire with careful interleaving for wide bandwidth."post #5 of 912/20/10 at 5:25pm
Well the CSP2+ is OTL, and the Mini is only marketed toward HE and LCD2 owners really. But like I said before, some OTLs are great with low Impedance cans, just not all of them.post #6 of 912/20/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Not all Decware are OTL. I use the CSP-2 on the LCD2 and it does very well but I did order a custom Taboo which is a 6W speaker amp that Steve put a headphone jack in for me and it is transformer. I will be using the CSP-2 as a preamp driving the Taboo with the LCD2 and also monitor speakers . So many of Decware amps like the Torri and the Taboo and others are not OTL.post #7 of 91/21/11 at 9:19ampost #8 of 91/21/11 at 12:49pmQuote:
there is a posted review in this forum on the Taboo which was posted yesterday its all in therepost #9 of 91/21/11 at 12:51pmQuote:
Mini Torri is a speaker amp marketed for speakers as is the Taboo. Rob had the first amp in the Torri and I in the Taboo. But decware sells these amps for high efficiency speakers and they do very well.
- DECWARE and Grados...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 15 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 57 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)