Just wanting to get some thoughts on Grados used with DECWARE amps. I have the SR325i's and I am heading in to my local DECWARE dealer soon to demo some stuff but just wanted to get some insight before hand.
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Budgeting for a Tube Amp for Grado 325is Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO Pan Am vs Bottlehead Crack and HRT MusicStreamer II + Last post on 7/20/14 at 3:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
DECWARE and Grados...post #1 of 912/19/10 at 9:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/20/10 at 8:26am
On paper, its OTL design would make it a less than ideal choice, but you might be surprised, the audio would is full of them thank goodness. Skylab has reported that some of his low impedance headphones did well with the Decware. Let us know how it went!post #3 of 912/20/10 at 12:01pmThread Starter
Certainly will. Probably won't be for a month or so. I am actually in the market for a new DAC more than I am an amp so I am waiting for my dealer to get in the DECWARE DAC so I can demo that against my Keces and the Citypulse that he also stocks. I was just wondering about the amps too because those things are like art...I would love to have one sitting on my shelf. But of course only if it sounds the part too...lolpost #4 of 912/20/10 at 12:18pmQuote:
I'm pretty sure the mini torii does have an output transformer. "Proprietary Iron - Decware output transformers are a big factor in the fidelity of our amplifiers. They are USA made from the best grain oriented silicon steel cores and best sounding copper magnet wire with careful interleaving for wide bandwidth."post #5 of 912/20/10 at 5:25pm
Well the CSP2+ is OTL, and the Mini is only marketed toward HE and LCD2 owners really. But like I said before, some OTLs are great with low Impedance cans, just not all of them.post #6 of 912/20/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Not all Decware are OTL. I use the CSP-2 on the LCD2 and it does very well but I did order a custom Taboo which is a 6W speaker amp that Steve put a headphone jack in for me and it is transformer. I will be using the CSP-2 as a preamp driving the Taboo with the LCD2 and also monitor speakers . So many of Decware amps like the Torri and the Taboo and others are not OTL.post #7 of 91/21/11 at 9:19ampost #8 of 91/21/11 at 12:49pmQuote:
there is a posted review in this forum on the Taboo which was posted yesterday its all in therepost #9 of 91/21/11 at 12:51pmQuote:
Mini Torri is a speaker amp marketed for speakers as is the Taboo. Rob had the first amp in the Torri and I in the Taboo. But decware sells these amps for high efficiency speakers and they do very well.
- DECWARE and Grados...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 11 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 48 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7506 54 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 2 minutes ago
- › ODAC gaming 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › New here, trying to start a thread in the Dedicated Components Forum 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2