Just wanting to get some thoughts on Grados used with DECWARE amps. I have the SR325i's and I am heading in to my local DECWARE dealer soon to demo some stuff but just wanted to get some insight before hand.
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Budgeting for a Tube Amp for Grado 325is Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO Pan Am vs Bottlehead Crack and HRT MusicStreamer II + Last post on 7/20/14 at 3:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
DECWARE and Grados...post #1 of 912/19/10 at 9:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/20/10 at 8:26am
On paper, its OTL design would make it a less than ideal choice, but you might be surprised, the audio would is full of them thank goodness. Skylab has reported that some of his low impedance headphones did well with the Decware. Let us know how it went!post #3 of 912/20/10 at 12:01pmThread Starter
Certainly will. Probably won't be for a month or so. I am actually in the market for a new DAC more than I am an amp so I am waiting for my dealer to get in the DECWARE DAC so I can demo that against my Keces and the Citypulse that he also stocks. I was just wondering about the amps too because those things are like art...I would love to have one sitting on my shelf. But of course only if it sounds the part too...lolpost #4 of 912/20/10 at 12:18pmQuote:
I'm pretty sure the mini torii does have an output transformer. "Proprietary Iron - Decware output transformers are a big factor in the fidelity of our amplifiers. They are USA made from the best grain oriented silicon steel cores and best sounding copper magnet wire with careful interleaving for wide bandwidth."post #5 of 912/20/10 at 5:25pm
Well the CSP2+ is OTL, and the Mini is only marketed toward HE and LCD2 owners really. But like I said before, some OTLs are great with low Impedance cans, just not all of them.post #6 of 912/20/10 at 5:32pmQuote:
Not all Decware are OTL. I use the CSP-2 on the LCD2 and it does very well but I did order a custom Taboo which is a 6W speaker amp that Steve put a headphone jack in for me and it is transformer. I will be using the CSP-2 as a preamp driving the Taboo with the LCD2 and also monitor speakers . So many of Decware amps like the Torri and the Taboo and others are not OTL.post #7 of 91/21/11 at 9:19ampost #8 of 91/21/11 at 12:49pmQuote:
there is a posted review in this forum on the Taboo which was posted yesterday its all in therepost #9 of 91/21/11 at 12:51pmQuote:
Mini Torri is a speaker amp marketed for speakers as is the Taboo. Rob had the first amp in the Torri and I in the Taboo. But decware sells these amps for high efficiency speakers and they do very well.
- DECWARE and Grados...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 9 minutes ago
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...