Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › IEMs to shine with female vocals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IEMs to shine with female vocals - Page 3

post #31 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwien View Post

Female vocals on the RE-400's are simply................amazing.

Did you compare them with any other earphones? What source do you use?

post #32 of 61

Bumping this thread to ask for your opinion about Hifiman RE-600.

I read it is good with vocals, but how good is it in comparison with such "vocal-kings" as RE-262, ATH-CK100, Shure 530/535, Ortofon e-Q7? Is it worth paying so much more in comparison with RE-400?


Edited by 3stun - 9/14/13 at 7:48am
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

Bumping this thread to ask for your opinion about Hifiman RE-600.

I read it is good with vocals, but how good is it in comparison with such "vocal-kings" as RE-262, ATH-CK100, Shure 530/535, Ortofon e-Q7? Is it worth paying so much more in comparison with RE-400?

Try reading the recent Inner Fidelity review of both the RE-400 and RE-600.  I currently have the 400 and as bang for the buck goes I don't think you can do better for $99.  It's very nice with vocal trance. 

post #34 of 61

Well, there is TDK BA200 for ~$130 which is considered to outperform RE-400.

And there is TDK IE800 for ~$80 which is on the same level with BA200.

So I'm looking for better vocals in RE-600. If it is not better, then I should stick with TDK, I guess.

post #35 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

Well, there is TDK BA200 for ~$130 which is considered to outperform RE-400.

And there is TDK IE800 for ~$80 which is on the same level with BA200.

So I'm looking for better vocals in RE-600. If it is not better, then I should stick with TDK, I guess.

 

I can't comment on the 600, but the BAs perform well all around. If money is no object, I'd recommend trying what you want, and then selling or trading for alternatives (as it seems most of the non-600s are substantially cheaper). If price is an issue, I'd start with the BA. 

 

 

And if you're interested in discussing it privately, I'm thinning the heard and selling my like new BA200s right now. 

post #36 of 61

Definitely the FitEar C435.

post #37 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDevil View Post
 

Definitely the FitEar C435.

 

Seems like a pretty old model, where can I buy it and how expensive is it?

post #38 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 
 

Thanks for your opinion, Mark.

Perhaps you could recommend some other iem's which can do vocals as good as RE262, based on your experience?

Possibly under $200.

I am not looking for the same sound signature - in fact, I would trade RE262 bass-power for a more prominent treble without a doubt.

 

 

 

 

erm, nothing.  maybe GR01 or q-JAYS would be the closest but they arent really beating the RE-400.  the vocals on the 262 were and still are the pretty much the very best you can get regardless of price.  if youd like to swap bass for treble maybe the 272 would suit if you can find one.

post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
 

 

 

erm, nothing.  maybe GR01 or q-JAYS would be the closest but they arent really beating the RE-400.  the vocals on the 262 were and still are the pretty much the very best you can get regardless of price.  if youd like to swap bass for treble maybe the 272 would suit if you can find one.

Thanks.

How about Hifiman RE 600 (if a can find a good deal an s used one)? From your review I got an impression that it combines the best of RE252, 262 and 272.

post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

Thanks.

How about Hifiman RE 600 (if a can find a good deal an s used one)? From your review I got an impression that it combines the best of RE252, 262 and 272.

 

The RE-600 does great with female (and male) vocals.  It would suite your needs, but might be a bit pricey for some people. 

post #41 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

Thanks.

How about Hifiman RE 600 (if a can find a good deal an s used one)? From your review I got an impression that it combines the best of RE252, 262 and 272.

 

 

oh yeah the 600 is great, and yes it combines the best of the 5 6 and 7.  still you realise that in mids its not really much if any better than the 262?  the 262 really was one of the very best iem's for vocals period.  you wont really got so much as "better" but differently flavoured and as you say youd be happy to give up bass for more treble i suspect it may not being going in the direction your looking for.  i think your wanting a dryer, cooler soundnig iem like the 272 or the q-JAYS etc etc.

 

of course if you see a 600 for US$200 then get it, its an epic IEM for that money.

post #42 of 61

Thanks, Mark. I wish I could find RE600 for $200... I'd be glad to have 272 for that price. Not so sure about 262, since it retailed for $150.

Also now considering Phonak PFE 1xx after some research.

 

q-Jays are a bit weird suggestion, at least if what's written in multi-iem comparison is true.

Quote:
 The midrange, on the other hand, is not particularly noteworthy. The mids of the q-JAYS are clear and quite detailed but yield easily to the DBA-02 and CK10. Compared to the highly present bass and treble, the midrange of the JAYS is oh-so-slightly recessed and somewhat dry. The midrange was obviously not meant to be the focus of the presentation and does nothing to distract the listener from the lively bass and treble of the earphones.

Overall from that multi-review I got an impression that q-Jays are not better then Brainwavz B2 / DBA-02 when it comes to vocals.


Edited by 3stun - 9/16/13 at 6:03am
post #43 of 61

Ok guys, what if we get to the higher league and increase budget to $300?

I know a place where you can get Hifiman RE600 close to that price.

Ortofon e-Q7 and ATH-CK100 are also around that.

Any good alternatives for vocals?


Edited by 3stun - 9/17/13 at 11:57am
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

Thanks, Mark. I wish I could find RE600 for $200... I'd be glad to have 272 for that price. Not so sure about 262, since it retailed for $150.

Also now considering Phonak PFE 1xx after some research.

 

q-Jays are a bit weird suggestion, at least if what's written in multi-iem comparison is true.

Overall from that multi-review I got an impression that q-Jays are not better then Brainwavz B2 / DBA-02 when it comes to vocals.

ignore the 262s price, its price is an anomaly that bares no resemblance its quality.

 

as for the q-JAYS well i find its mids have a soul and a emotive nature that most dual BA's dont.  i find the mids on the dba and B2 a bit soulless.  of course the best was the KC3 but youll never find one of those now.

post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
 

ignore the 262s price, its price is an anomaly that bares no resemblance its quality.

 

as for the q-JAYS well i find its mids have a soul and a emotive nature that most dual BA's dont.  i find the mids on the dba and B2 a bit soulless.  of course the best was the KC3 but youll never find one of those now.

After some more digging I'm considering Shure SE315 and SE425... not many feedback on these models, but there's a review saying SE425 =~ Etymotic ER4. Is that right?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › IEMs to shine with female vocals