i hear ck100s are amazing.
Related Forum Threads
- RE-262 vs E-Q7 Last post on 8/20/12 at 5:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the top IEMS feel like my ... Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Atrios Last post on 3/4/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
IEMs to shine with female vocals - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 618/30/13 at 12:47am
Bumping an old thread to ask the same question.
As the title says, I'm looking for iem's that will give me natural, powerful, energetic, emotional female vocals.
Currently using Brainwavz B2 (DBA-02 clone) with Sansa Fuze+, and vocals tend to be pushed back by overpowered treble and overall they sound a bit flat, although highly detailed.
Planning to get Colorfly CK4+ to replace Sansa, so the new iem's will be used with that one.
I guess I'm looking for something with forward and detailed mids. Treble shouldn't be pushed far back, though. As for bass - it shouldn't be too pronounced, as I don't like too much booming&banging in my ears.
No need in something overly analytical, as B2/DBA-02, but enough detail should be there, of course. On the other hand, I'm interested to try something with a different sound flavour, possibly more fun&engaging.
Not chasing the largest soundstage ever, but would like to have a decent 3D with a feeling of "being there".
From reading a ton of reviews, I chose Hifiman RE-262 which is perhaps one of the best iem's for vocals. Heard it needs amping, so I'm ready to get a portable amp to pair with my future Colorfly if I go this route. But it is discontinued and very hard to find and an acceptable price. So, are there any alternatives or maybe better options for me?
Looking to spend up to $200. I could add $10-$20 for something really worth it.
Actually that's as much as I'm ready to spend on a used Hifiman RE-262 + amp.post #18 of 618/31/13 at 4:42ampost #19 of 618/31/13 at 5:35ampost #20 of 618/31/13 at 6:12ampost #21 of 618/31/13 at 6:27amQuote:
I've been using my BA200s for a month or so and I think they present vocals very well. They certainly don't ram the vocals down your throat but they are very clear and never abrasive. IMO a pretty natural sound. Not to mention they do just about everything else fairly well.post #22 of 619/1/13 at 4:07amQuote:
TDK IE800? where did you get that idea? they are in no way anything like the 262.post #23 of 619/1/13 at 4:58amQuote:
To name only a few...
Besides, there was a poll between TDK BA200 and Hifiman RE262, and TDK got 68% votes...
And "In-Ear-Matter" reviewer Tai / ClieOS is saying thatIE800 is more mid centric, musical and relaxing when compared to BA200. It is still a warm'ish sound, but I don't consider it to be the same signature as BA200.
And if I am not mistaken, "mid-centric" and "musical" is right about Hifiman RE262.
Then again, he continuesThey are equally good. BA200 has stronger bass and richer body, IE800 has better soundstage and vocal. BA200 will be closer to a stage monitor while IE800 is more euphonic in presentation. There is no bad choice between the two - however, if you like a stronger bass, get BA200. If you like an airier mid, get IE800.
I am definitely after airier mid than stronger bass!
Besides, there is this review saying:like the BA200, also the IE800′s best possession is the vocals-reproduction. That happened due to a superb midrange tuning by TDK on both models. While the BA200s have a quite thick midrange, the IE800′s one is actually about average in its thickness. It is forward, open, airy and quite warm. The timbre is very well done, it sounds very natural and real. Detailing is excellent, and so is the clarity.
So from your experience, do you think TDK BA200 will be a better choice for my needs?
Edited by 3stun - 9/1/13 at 5:23ampost #24 of 619/2/13 at 12:47am
okay your right people have said it, i am just not agreeing with them. arguably it has similar performance but i cannot say their sound signatures are in any way similar.post #25 of 619/2/13 at 1:17am
Rather than pick up an RE-262 just snag the RE-400; it's altogether better balanced and more accomplished (in my opinion). This is coming from a guy who loves vocal trance. Alternately the Custom Art Pro 330 is a custom CIEM that renders female vocals more enjoyably than anything else I've used lately.post #26 of 619/2/13 at 1:19am
Thanks for your opinion, Mark.
Perhaps you could recommend some other iem's which can do vocals as good as RE262, based on your experience?
Possibly under $200.
I am not looking for the same sound signature - in fact, I would trade RE262 bass-power for a more prominent treble without a doubt.Quote:Originally Posted by Deviltooth
Rather than pick up an RE-262 just snag the RE-400; it's altogether better balanced and more accomplished (in my opinion). This is coming from a guy who loves vocal trance. Alternately the Custom Art Pro 330 is a custom CIEM that renders female vocals more enjoyably than anything else I've used lately.
Art Pro 330 is way over my budget... maybe some time in the future.
As for RE-400, I heard from many sources that they are inferior to RE-262 when it comes to mids&vocals. Have you compared both of them "head-to-head"?
Edited by 3stun - 9/2/13 at 1:25ampost #27 of 619/2/13 at 5:31ampost #28 of 619/2/13 at 7:25am
i thought the se535's female vocals were pretty good. they have excellent decay vocals kind of hung in the air and floated away. of course this might have also been atributed to the amp and other things, but i thought vocals were pretty good.post #29 of 619/2/13 at 7:41am
Guys, I appreciate your opinion, but I really cannot spend a lot more than $200 and would really like to keep the budget closer to $150 unless there is something really worth an extra.
If you find CK100 or SE535 selling under $200 (even used in good condition), please let me know!
Any suggestions for my budget? I guess I could get Shure SE530 at $200+, but not sure if it is much better than TDK IE800/BA200, if better at all...
And I heard many opinions saying that RE262 outperforms SE530.
So, for now my favorites are discontinued and hard-to-find RE262, as well as TDK models.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs to shine with female vocals
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 25 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 51 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear