Hello everyone. Accidentally made a new post for this because me no do good. Rectifying that by placing it here instead.
I'm relatively new to the audiophile world, but have learned much from my short time here. The original reason I was brought here was to get the best audio setup on my PC for competitive gaming. I think I've achieved that. Started with the AD700 and X-Fi Titanium HD, then recently moved to the AKG K702 powered by the FiiO E09K. I couldn't be happier and now I'm thinking about grabbing a good pair of cans for general use. As much as I love (and I do mean LOVE) the AD700 and K702 for gaming, I'm not all that much of a fan of them for music and movies. The more I try out different headphones, the more my tastes are refining and here's what I've learned so far as well as some of the requirements I have for my next cans.
- I will mostly be using these in my office and, therefore, am looking for a closed-back headphone.
- I can power it with an amp and DAC if need be. Currently, I am using the FiiO E07K at work which seems to do quite well with my K702.
- I love the soundstage and airiness of the AD700 and K702.
- I don't like the polite of bass of the AD700 and, to a lesser extent, the K702 for music and movies.
- I like the bass from the DT 990 Pro, but don't consider myself a bass head.
- I'd like to spend no more than $300, but if there is something out there worth the price of admission, I'd consider it.
- My tastes in music and movies absolutely run the entire gamut. Looking for an all-arounder.
- It doesn't have to be portable, but I'd like to to be somewhat visually low key. This is a very low priority, though.
In general, I'm looking for a relatively airy, all-arounder, closed-back headphone that doesn't lack bass (but isn't bass heavy). I was going to start with the DT 770 Pro and go from there. I've also heard great things about the Denon D7000, but that's out of my price range for now. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and see what you'd recommend.