I need two pairs of headphones to replace my 10-year old Philips HP890 and a normal sony MDR earphones (not IEM). Looking for something exactly like the 890 (or maybe another 890 if possible). Things I want from the new headphone are:
1. closed with good sound isolation. Will be using this in the house and don't want to disturb everyone else in the house.
2. Over-ear- I think over-ear is comfortable and has no sound leakage? Correct me if I'm wrong.
3. Must be very comfortable and not sweat. Local temperature is around 26-32C all year.
4. Priced $200/£150 or around there.
5. Must be able to handle wide range of music from classical to pop and also games.
6. Microphone unnecessary. I don't play online shooters though I do appreciate bass.
I tried finding headphones (with the similar price to the 890) and after adjusting for inflation it seems that headphone prices are like 3x the cost they were 10 years ago. So I have to be realistic about that. Currently I am hooking my pc through my hifi and that provide good sound though I have to be in the room to listen to stuff.
Next, I need a pair of earphone/headphone to use at work. I currently have a pair of Sony MDREX310LPB IEM. They have acceptable sound quality. However as they are IEM's they provide good isolation. I need to be able to hear background noise, though I don't want people to hear my music. I am able to do that now with some cheap sony earphones. Sound quality on those are not great but as I don't turn the volume on loud. I am able to hear the music and background noise if needed. Max price of this is around £50/$70. They too have to be comfortable, though unlike the headpones, I will not have them on 3 hours straight
Thank you for the recommendation