thank you again svt for the graph.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 3:58 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 4/7/17 at 11:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 603
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9032 of 2949011/9/11 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by bakawen
Listen to mostly Jpop, piano cover, pop, classical, baroque and some techno (not the heavy ones).
Tried the DT770 too much bass (the punch too much for me), maybe a lil bit bassier than SRH 440 which i own now will do.
2nd post in this thread.... still can't pull the trigger.....
or any headphones. will probably wait and get the Fiio E17 first then will only upgrade from there.
Now in favour of HD598 and SRH940.... Tried the SRH940 not punchy enough but if possible will get it and burn-in (maybe it works like to my SRH440?)
The 940's bass punch doesn't really improve with burn-in. If anything, the lower bass improves. However, if you use a slight EQ bump in the low end with the 940's, they handle EQ's quite well from my experience. I agree with Armaegis to try the SRH840's if you want more mid-bass from a headphone without an EQ.post #9033 of 2949011/9/11 at 6:17pm
Oh wow I totally misread that. My bad... Yeah $200 is a good price for the 880. I don't think I've seen it any cheaper than that.
The 880 is more balanced sounding, while the 990 has more aggressive bass and highs. I find the highs especially a bit harsh on the 990.
The 7506 and V6 are very similar if not the same. Check out Joker's big portables review which has the V6 and ZX700 compared.post #9034 of 2949011/9/11 at 6:44pmpost #9035 of 2949011/9/11 at 6:58pm
They're only 180 on Amazon right now. Get 'em fast. People were complaining last time they went out of stock at that price.
Thanks for the quick response. I think I've finally decided on the HD 598's, especially after reading this review http://www.headfonia.com/hd600-and-hd598-comparison/
From what people say they seem to be similar to the HD 600, but easier to drive and still improve with updgrades!post #9036 of 2949011/9/11 at 7:08pmQuote:
Careful... you may end up keeping both... Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.
p.s. have you considered buying a lovely tube amp for those Beyers?post #9037 of 2949011/9/11 at 7:42pmpost #9038 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:07pmQuote:
If you read my first post I was gifted a WooAudio 3 which is the reason for me buying new set of cans. I made another thread looking for a DAC though so I can use it with my PC. Any ideas on that? lol
Edited by recoveredaddict - 11/9/11 at 9:11pmpost #9039 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:09pmpost #9040 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:18pm
Not looking to mod, so maybe I'll go with the Senns.
Ok, maybe I can stretch the 150 a bit to 166. which is what the Beyer DT 990 Pros are going for on B&H. Would those be much better than the HD555 or 558?post #9041 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:26pmQuote:
I can't believe that price.
Now I'm interested...
Beyer must be phasing them out to make way for the T80 / T90?post #9042 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:29pmQuote:post #9043 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:58pm
I listen to mainly rock, from classic to prog rock to heavy and death metal. I sometimes listen to electric music like Infected Mushroom, Prodigy, The Glith Mob, Skilrex and the likes. You can find the specific bands in my profile.
What headphones would you recommend for anything below the price of a HD800? I will also budget for a proper amp to power these. Exclude anything from Grado/Alessandro as I already own an MS1 and would want something more hi-fi and refined.post #9044 of 2949011/9/11 at 10:26pm
As an aspiring audiophile, I'm thinking about getting Sennheiser 650s. I'm also wanting the LCD-2s. Would it make more sense to get an HD 650 with good DAC and amp, or do the LCD-2's run dry better. Also, would the LCD-2s be that much better in the long run? I like their look a lot more.post #9045 of 2949011/9/11 at 10:45pm
Quote:Originally Posted by gugman
how would Allen & Heath Xone:XD-53 Professional Monitoring go with asus xonar dg for electronic and hip hop?
or should i buy Koss PRODJ 100 and change pads with ATH-M50?
or i have 2 more options Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO and Ultrasone HFI-580 S
please advise guys, i'd love to order in a next few days. THAnx !!!
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New iRiver AK70 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 4 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › It's 2017: good amp for AKG K240 DF's? 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear