thank you again svt for the graph.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 11:00 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 603
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9032 of 2949011/9/11 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by bakawen
Listen to mostly Jpop, piano cover, pop, classical, baroque and some techno (not the heavy ones).
Tried the DT770 too much bass (the punch too much for me), maybe a lil bit bassier than SRH 440 which i own now will do.
2nd post in this thread.... still can't pull the trigger.....
or any headphones. will probably wait and get the Fiio E17 first then will only upgrade from there.
Now in favour of HD598 and SRH940.... Tried the SRH940 not punchy enough but if possible will get it and burn-in (maybe it works like to my SRH440?)
The 940's bass punch doesn't really improve with burn-in. If anything, the lower bass improves. However, if you use a slight EQ bump in the low end with the 940's, they handle EQ's quite well from my experience. I agree with Armaegis to try the SRH840's if you want more mid-bass from a headphone without an EQ.post #9033 of 2949011/9/11 at 6:17pm
Oh wow I totally misread that. My bad... Yeah $200 is a good price for the 880. I don't think I've seen it any cheaper than that.
The 880 is more balanced sounding, while the 990 has more aggressive bass and highs. I find the highs especially a bit harsh on the 990.
The 7506 and V6 are very similar if not the same. Check out Joker's big portables review which has the V6 and ZX700 compared.post #9034 of 2949011/9/11 at 6:44pmpost #9035 of 2949011/9/11 at 6:58pm
They're only 180 on Amazon right now. Get 'em fast. People were complaining last time they went out of stock at that price.
Thanks for the quick response. I think I've finally decided on the HD 598's, especially after reading this review http://www.headfonia.com/hd600-and-hd598-comparison/
From what people say they seem to be similar to the HD 600, but easier to drive and still improve with updgrades!post #9036 of 2949011/9/11 at 7:08pmQuote:
Careful... you may end up keeping both... Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.
p.s. have you considered buying a lovely tube amp for those Beyers?post #9037 of 2949011/9/11 at 7:42pmpost #9038 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:07pmQuote:
If you read my first post I was gifted a WooAudio 3 which is the reason for me buying new set of cans. I made another thread looking for a DAC though so I can use it with my PC. Any ideas on that? lol
Edited by recoveredaddict - 11/9/11 at 9:11pmpost #9039 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:09pmpost #9040 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:18pm
Not looking to mod, so maybe I'll go with the Senns.
Ok, maybe I can stretch the 150 a bit to 166. which is what the Beyer DT 990 Pros are going for on B&H. Would those be much better than the HD555 or 558?post #9041 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:26pmQuote:
I can't believe that price.
Now I'm interested...
Beyer must be phasing them out to make way for the T80 / T90?post #9042 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:29pmQuote:post #9043 of 2949011/9/11 at 9:58pm
I listen to mainly rock, from classic to prog rock to heavy and death metal. I sometimes listen to electric music like Infected Mushroom, Prodigy, The Glith Mob, Skilrex and the likes. You can find the specific bands in my profile.
What headphones would you recommend for anything below the price of a HD800? I will also budget for a proper amp to power these. Exclude anything from Grado/Alessandro as I already own an MS1 and would want something more hi-fi and refined.post #9044 of 2949011/9/11 at 10:26pm
As an aspiring audiophile, I'm thinking about getting Sennheiser 650s. I'm also wanting the LCD-2s. Would it make more sense to get an HD 650 with good DAC and amp, or do the LCD-2's run dry better. Also, would the LCD-2s be that much better in the long run? I like their look a lot more.post #9045 of 2949011/9/11 at 10:45pm
Quote:Originally Posted by gugman
how would Allen & Heath Xone:XD-53 Professional Monitoring go with asus xonar dg for electronic and hip hop?
or should i buy Koss PRODJ 100 and change pads with ATH-M50?
or i have 2 more options Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO and Ultrasone HFI-580 S
please advise guys, i'd love to order in a next few days. THAnx !!!
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › $400 Face Off - B&O H7, Sony MDR-1000X, B&W P7 Wireless 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 2 minutes ago
- › Something new from Earsonics, the Earsonics ES3 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Cardas cable for Sennheiser HD650. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear