or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 586  

post #8776 of 29490

None of these are multiplayer (except MW3). Just use your M50s if they satisfy you. Don't worry about what MLE said. 'Gaming headphones' usually means someone wants to hear footsteps around them to react faster in multiplayer. 

 

Either way I'd say give the HD 598 a shot. It's a significant upgrade from the M50 for gaming and music alike.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomShortGuy View Post

Interested in buying a pair of headphones dedicated to PC gaming. I currently own a pair of M50s, which apparently are terrible for gaming according to http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-czs-guide-to-headphone-gaming-particularly-with-dolby-headphone I own a Tubemagic D1 DAC and use it as a headphone amp/DAC via the optical port of my desktop's motherboard. I could care less about price, going through a rut right now and could use a little pick me up so long as it's a worthwhile investment. I don't have a sound card nor a Dolby Headphone Amp/set up though I could pick one up if needed. As for games I play, Witcher 2, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2. I'm looking to buy MW3, Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3. 



 

 

post #8777 of 29490

Hi guys.

I sold the Sennheiser 598 some days ago and now i'm looking for some good closed (better circumaural) headphones.

I would spend 200 euros, which are 275 $. I mainly listen rock, psychedelic, alternative, blues, metal, so Pink Floyd, Metallica, Coldplay, Guns n' roses, Porcupine Tree, Stone Temple Pilots, ecc.

But i haven't fund a decent pair yet, so i don't know what to buy.

AKG 272? Sony MDR-DS6500? Sennheiser RS 180?

And how good are the Beats Studio?

Thanks!


Edited by Alfonsomac - 11/2/11 at 6:44am
post #8778 of 29490

Try a Denon!

post #8779 of 29490

hi. i'm going to upgrade my headphone. 

my purpose is male vocal. classical music.  and  movies. so i think i need headphone with good mids. soundstage and bass .( not to much bass but must better than my old AD700. ) .

are there any recommend in Sennheiser and BeyerDynamic line ? . budget is < 200$. i am looking at hd 558 hd 598. but have just listen to dt990 250ohms. the bass is good but does it good for vocal. how is the bass in 558 and 598 compare to this.

thank you very much.

post #8780 of 29490

Hi. I am a newbie and I want to buy a new headphones and I need suggestions from you guys because I don't know what to buy. I have $100 to spend.

 

The headphone will be used on my laptop, desktop and iPod Nano. I'm going to use it indoor and outdoor. So they need to be fairly portable/fold able (a carrying pouch will be a great deal). Noise cancellation is not so important as long as it's decent because I think outside noise is a little bit important for my safety, especially when crossing the road.

 

I don't plan to buy headphone amps or upgrading my sound card, so I need something that I can "plug and listen" without adding more devices.

 

I listen mainly to rock and metal music. I also listen to hip-hop, rap, dance, or trance sometimes. I almost never listen to classic, jazz, or acoustic. I'm also going to use that headphones to play video games (mainly FPS/shooters). I don't play competitively, so I just need something decent to hear footsteps.

 

I currently own a Sennheiser HD 202 and I think they are not so good for outdoor because I cannot fold it and the cables are too long.

 

I live in Singapore/Indonesia (product availability issue).

 

I'm sorry if I'm too picky. Any recommendation is really appreciated. Feel free to loosen up my criteria if there is no headphones that suites my liking from the criteria I've given.

 

 


Edited by ivantoar - 11/2/11 at 8:03am
post #8781 of 29490

The 598 will win out over the 990, IMO. The 990 will have more bass but the 598 does mids better. Beautiful vocals and my favorite can I own for Classical (even over the LCD 2 with my current amplification).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakaibra1990 View Post

hi. i'm going to upgrade my headphone. 

my purpose is male vocal. classical music.  and  movies. so i think i need headphone with good mids. soundstage and bass .( not to much bass but must better than my old AD700. ) .

are there any recommend in Sennheiser and BeyerDynamic line ? . budget is < 200$. i am looking at hd 558 hd 598. but have just listen to dt990 250ohms. the bass is good but does it good for vocal. how is the bass in 558 and 598 compare to this.

thank you very much.



 

 

post #8782 of 29490


I'm going to add the Klipsch Image One to your list.

 

Comfy, light, easy to drive and most definitely has your inline controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preference22 View Post

Hello there,

 

First of all, I'm new to the forum and read a few reviews yesterday and today. Awesome work on the reviews, very detailed!

 

Okay, the reason why I posted this: I bought myself an iPhone 4S on the release and now I'm looking for a portable headphone (over-ear or on-ear)!

So what it has to have or has to do:

 

- Portable headphone (no earplugs!): Over-ear or On-ear

- Cable should be 1.5 meter or longer

- They should be comfortable to have on for a longer time (2-4 hours)

- I travel a lot in public, so prefer closed ones! (Riding a bicycle a lot, so isolation for the wind would be awesome!)

- I listen a lot to Drum & Bass or Dubstep, so a good bass is a must :)!

- The headphones MUST have a remote+mic in the cable. This is so I can activate Siri without having to take my iPhone out of my pocket! (So no gaming mic on the side!)

- Budget is around 120 euros or 160 dollars!

 

The headphones I looked at and might consider are:

- Sennheiser PX200-II

- Sennheiser HD238i

- AKG K518DJ

- AKG K430

 

So, please give me your idea or thoughts. I'm standing open for basically any suggestion!

 

 

Thanks from The Netherlands!

 



 

post #8783 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantoar View Post
Hi. I am a newbie and I want to buy a new headphones and I need suggestions from you guys because I don't know what to buy. I have $100 to spend.

The headphone will be used on my laptop, desktop and iPod Nano. I'm going to use it indoor and outdoor. So they need to be fairly portable/fold able (a carrying pouch will be a great deal). Noise cancellation is not so important as long as it's decent because I think outside noise is a little bit important for my safety, especially when crossing the road.

I don't plan to buy headphone amps or upgrading my sound card, so I need something that I can "plug and listen" without adding more devices.

I listen mainly to rock and metal music. I also listen to hip-hop, rap, dance, or trance sometimes. I almost never listen to classic, jazz, or acoustic. I'm also going to use that headphones to play video games (mainly FPS/shooters). I don't play competitively, so I just need something decent to hear footsteps.

I currently own a Sennheiser HD 202 and I think they are not so good for outdoor because I cannot fold it and the cables are too long.

I live in Singapore/Indonesia (product availability issue).

I'm sorry if I'm too picky. Any recommendation is really appreciated. Feel free to loosen up my criteria if there is no headphones that suites my liking from the criteria I've given.

Semi-open headphones.

 

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, with Beyer EDT 200 Velour ear pads.

Samson SR850 (made by Superlux)

Superlux HD-668B
 

 

 

post #8784 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Do you have a decent amp for the 600? If not the 598 is easier to drive and sounds great as well. Also if you want flat response looking into a DT880 of some sort, though some find them boring. 

 

Both will be a major step up in comfort...You may be able to find a used D2000 for that price, too if you're lucky. They're the absolute king on comfort headphone wise.

 



 

I don't have an amp now, but I was looking into a tube amp. I've always loved tube amps. If I was to get, say, a Bottlehead Crack, would the HD 600s be better, or would I want the HD 598s? Or, would I want something entirely different?



 

post #8785 of 29490

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Semi-open headphones.

 

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, with Beyer EDT 200 Velour ear pads.

Samson SR850 (made by Superlux)

Superlux HD-668B
 

 

 


 

Thank you very much :)

 

Which one do you recommend? Are there any more suggestions? Perhaps on closed headphones? *sorry for asking a lot*

post #8786 of 29490

I think the Bottlehead and 600 would sound great. Between the 600 and 598 it really comes down to preference. The 600 being darker and more bassy, and the 598 having a brighter more energetic sound.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post


 


 

 

post #8787 of 29490

looking for some new headphones. i currently have a fiio e10.

 

i listen to mostly electronic; idm, dubstep, dnb, and other various subgenres. as well as hiphop.

 

i currently have dt 770 pro 80ohms and ath-m50.

 

i was looking at possibly

 

ultrasone pro 900 (heard it has massive bass), alo modded hfi-780, grado rs2i or possibly getting the darthbeyer customization done on the dt 770s. 

 

any thoughts?

post #8788 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhoaAviator View Post

 

Hi everyone!


I just joined Head-fi.org yesterday, so please bare with me!
I've bought many cheap headphones but after a long time use my  ears starts to hurt. Due to the fact that they were cheap, they were easily damaged and some of them even came apart.  

This time I want to buy new headphones that are worth the buy, and I expect them to be slightly expensive.

 
I've used Sennheiser headphones before and I really like it. I look forward to buy the Sennheiser HD 555, HD 518, HD 558, HD 598 or the HD 448.
 
I listen mostly to Pop music, so I guess that cool "punchy bass feeling is not necessary, but it's a bonus if they have it!
I'm looking for comfort and the clear- & crisp sound. Again, the sound and the comfort are very important. I'll use the headphones with my iPhone andiPad
I'm new to this topic, so please answer my questions with patience.

1. The Sennheiser HD 555, HD 518, HD 558 and HD 598 are for Hifi's and TV's. Will they work fine with my iPhone and iPad?

2. The Sennheiser HD 555, HD 518, HD 558 and HD 598 are "open" headphones. From what I've known, they will leak out sound (correct me if I'm wrong). I'll normally use the headphones in school, on the go, on the tram and at home. I always listen with a very low volume. Can a person sitting next to me hear the music? If yes, can I "turn off" that feature or is the "closed headphones" like the HD 448 the only choice for me?

3. How loud are "open" headphones? If I listen with extremely low volume, will a person sitting next to me hear the music? If you include all the noises in a classroom or in a tram, will they still hear the music?
4. And finally, which one do you think is the best for me and worth the buy? 
Thanks, I'll appreciate your answers! gs1000.gif


1) They should be fine from an ipod. I've never tried an ipad, but I imagine it should be ok.

2/3) Open headphones will let out noise and let in a lot as well. If you listen at low volumes there probably won't be much that leaks out. However, if there's outside noise then you won't be able to hear your music. In your situation, I would recommend that you seriously consider closed headphones

4) for budget conscious, closed, good durability... Sony V6/7506 is a nice starting point.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Preference22 View Post

Hello there,

 

First of all, I'm new to the forum and read a few reviews yesterday and today. Awesome work on the reviews, very detailed!

 

Okay, the reason why I posted this: I bought myself an iPhone 4S on the release and now I'm looking for a portable headphone (over-ear or on-ear)!

So what it has to have or has to do:

 

- Portable headphone (no earplugs!): Over-ear or On-ear

- Cable should be 1.5 meter or longer

- They should be comfortable to have on for a longer time (2-4 hours)

- I travel a lot in public, so prefer closed ones! (Riding a bicycle a lot, so isolation for the wind would be awesome!)

- I listen a lot to Drum & Bass or Dubstep, so a good bass is a must :)!

- The headphones MUST have a remote+mic in the cable. This is so I can activate Siri without having to take my iPhone out of my pocket! (So no gaming mic on the side!)

- Budget is around 120 euros or 160 dollars!

 

The headphones I looked at and might consider are:

- Sennheiser PX200-II

- Sennheiser HD238i

- AKG K518DJ

- AKG K430

 

So, please give me your idea or thoughts. I'm standing open for basically any suggestion!

 

 

Thanks from The Netherlands!

 


Best isolation and durability out of those would probably be the K518 (aka K81).

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutrinoESR View Post

Sorry i know that this thread is for headphones but im new to head fi and is not used to using it

I hope some of you can give me advice on buying in ears.

Im currently interested in the shure se535 and would like to purchase them

However my country sells them for 729sgd, which is 572USD

I would like to know if they can be bought cheaper online? Im just afraid of scams so do you guys have some trusted online stores?

PS. Im currently living in singapore so the shipping cost should be included too


Other than keeping an eye out online, you can also post a wanted ad on the forum sale section.

 

Also maybe gives the guys over at headfonia.com a shout, since they are located in that region of the world.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomShortGuy View Post

Interested in buying a pair of headphones dedicated to PC gaming. I currently own a pair of M50s, which apparently are terrible for gaming according to http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-czs-guide-to-headphone-gaming-particularly-with-dolby-headphone I own a Tubemagic D1 DAC and use it as a headphone amp/DAC via the optical port of my desktop's motherboard. I could care less about price, going through a rut right now and could use a little pick me up so long as it's a worthwhile investment. I don't have a sound card nor a Dolby Headphone Amp/set up though I could pick one up if needed. As for games I play, Witcher 2, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2. I'm looking to buy MW3, Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3. 


When people talk about gaming headphones, they are usually talking about FPS which is all about directional accuracy and split second timing. If you don't need that are are happy with the sound that you have, then don't let someone else's review convince you otherwise.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsomac View Post

Hi guys.

I sold the Sennheiser 598 some days ago and now i'm looking for some good closed (better circumaural) headphones.

I would spend 200 euros, which are 275 $. I mainly listen rock, psychedelic, alternative, blues, metal, so Pink Floyd, Metallica, Coldplay, Guns n' roses, Porcupine Tree, Stone Temple Pilots, ecc.

But i haven't fund a decent pair yet, so i don't know what to buy.

AKG 272? Sony MDR-DS6500? Sennheiser RS 180?

And how good are the Beats Studio?

Thanks!


The AKG K272 is alright, but needs some extra amping behind it to sound its best. For something easier to drive, maybe a Shure 940 or Ultrasone HFi780.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by kakaibra1990 View Post

hi. i'm going to upgrade my headphone. 

my purpose is male vocal. classical music.  and  movies. so i think i need headphone with good mids. soundstage and bass .( not to much bass but must better than my old AD700. ) .

are there any recommend in Sennheiser and BeyerDynamic line ? . budget is < 200$. i am looking at hd 558 hd 598. but have just listen to dt990 250ohms. the bass is good but does it good for vocal. how is the bass in 558 and 598 compare to this.

thank you very much.


If you have an amp, a Beyer DT880pro is great and I think it meshes with your genres much better than the 990. The Sennheiser HD6xx is good too.

 

WIthout amp, the Senn HD5xx series would be a top pick, or move up the Audio Technica line with the AD900 or 2000.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantoar View Post

Hi. I am a newbie and I want to buy a new headphones and I need suggestions from you guys because I don't know what to buy. I have $100 to spend.

 

The headphone will be used on my laptop, desktop and iPod Nano. I'm going to use it indoor and outdoor. So they need to be fairly portable/fold able (a carrying pouch will be a great deal). Noise cancellation is not so important as long as it's decent because I think outside noise is a little bit important for my safety, especially when crossing the road.

 

I don't plan to buy headphone amps or upgrading my sound card, so I need something that I can "plug and listen" without adding more devices.

 

I listen mainly to rock and metal music. I also listen to hip-hop, rap, dance, or trance sometimes. I almost never listen to classic, jazz, or acoustic. I'm also going to use that headphones to play video games (mainly FPS/shooters). I don't play competitively, so I just need something decent to hear footsteps.

 

I currently own a Sennheiser HD 202 and I think they are not so good for outdoor because I cannot fold it and the cables are too long.

 

I live in Singapore/Indonesia (product availability issue).

 

I'm sorry if I'm too picky. Any recommendation is really appreciated. Feel free to loosen up my criteria if there is no headphones that suites my liking from the criteria I've given.

 

 


AKG K518 or Senn PX200-ii.

 

post #8789 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I think the Bottlehead and 600 would sound great. Between the 600 and 598 it really comes down to preference. The 600 being darker and more bassy, and the 598 having a brighter more energetic sound.
 

 



I'd go one step further and just reiterate that this would be comparative to the 598 only.  The HD600 is not overly bassy (I find it perfectly balanced), and it's far from dark - it has a beautiful warmth to the mids, while still retaining a very clear and bright high end (without sibilance, or being too sparkly).  It's one of the most balanced mid-fi cans I've ever come across. 

 

post #8790 of 29490

Hi, I've been looking around for some closed headphones but I can't just seem to find any that meet my needs. I have previously owned both Sennheiser HD25-II and ATH M50's and I just find both of them too uncomfortable for me. I mainly listen to hip hop and other music with a lot of bass. I have been looking at the DT770 Pro's as they are meant to be great for bass plus extremely comfortable however I also take my headphones out a lot and I think they are a bit too big. I would also like the headphones to have velour ear pads or have a velour earpad mod as I can't stand leather ear pads as they make my ears sweat a lot. The maximum I will spend is £400 so if anyone knows any good closed headphones that meet my specifications please post them in here. Thanks, all help will be greatly appreciated.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum