HD 600, HD 598. Grado may be the way to go for you, but they're just not for me. Some swear by them for rock.
770 is too boomy and slow, IMO.
To be honest none of your choices are going to handle Dolby 5.1 too well as they have compressed soundstages. That's just my 2 cents.
Hey HeadFi community,
I spent the last 10 hours or so browsing and reading about headphones.
My birthday is coming up so I decided to treat myself to a present :)
I need headphones for home use.
I have a laptop, but I'm going to buy the Asus Xonar U1/U3 external sound card, which has 5.1 and Dolby Headphone.
My music is in flac, and 60% of the time I listen to metal (Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Machine Head etc), the other 40% are grunge or post-grunge and Hardstyle/Hardcore. I enjoy good bass, but not overwhelming and I dont like piercing treble.
I also plan to watch movies in HD and play some games (but not precision shooters, CounterStrike days are over).
A mic is not an issue, as I have one in a laptop.
I dont have an amp and I dont want to buy one.
I'm stuck on the following choices:
Beyerdynamics 770 Pro
Sennheiser PC 360
They all have cons and pros, but I still havent found a single review which includes my likes in music.
Maybe you can help me to decide? :)
Thanks in advance!
PS: If I go for sr225i, I will use the Grado 3.5" converter jack.