or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 576  

post #8626 of 29490

It doesn't leak much, but isolation is lousy... being an open headphone and all.

post #8627 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Best full sized isolation I've heard would be the Senn HD280/380 and Beyer DT770. The former for a more balanced sound, the latter for more bass.



Which one has more bass? I admit i do love bass, but im considering buying probably some cheaper headphones for listening to electronic and dubstep. So would you still reccomend the 280/380s for closed $250 cans? 

post #8628 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post


anhtu1990, not sure what I said before.

Hopefully I said the HD-558 and HD-598 use the same "driver", not that the HD-558 and HD-598 are exactly the same.

The HD-558 and HD-598 have different grills styles.

I know the HD-558 has a black rubber tape covering about one third it's grill, that the HD-598 does not have.

 

 


 

thanks  :D
 now i understand that same driver not means exactly same sound :D

i'm waiting for MorbidToaster or orther guys about soundstage and bass . thank you again :D

 

post #8629 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post



Which one has more bass? I admit i do love bass, but im considering buying probably some cheaper headphones for listening to electronic and dubstep. So would you still reccomend the 280/380s for closed $250 cans? 


The DT770 has more bass. In my experience, the Pro80 model has more than the 250/600 models. 

 

post #8630 of 29490

Armaegis

I check some reviews about the audios that u recommend me, but i need it with  a different type of cord (the type of cord http://www.base80.com/tips/hair/phone-cord/phone-cord.jpg) i find really hard to go around with that in my pocket, maybe i'm asking to much,

BTW: the MDR V6 have like 20 years ! wow and they are really good


Edited by aDoStereo - 10/28/11 at 10:35pm
post #8631 of 29490

Can anyone else comment on any of the headphones I named?

post #8632 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDomokun View Post

Open headphones: AKG K420, Senn PX200-II/PX-100
Closed headphones: Senn HD 202-II/HD205-II, Senn HD215, Pioneer MJ31, Sony ZX100/300, Sony MDR XD100/200
I just want something that is comfortable/can be worn for long periods and sounds good. I'm think I'm leaning towards the K420 or HD215 maybe. I hope you guys can give me a little bit of direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDomokun View Post

Can anyone else comment on any of the headphones I named?


all the AKG portables tend to have a strong clamp

PX200-ii: even sound, average isolation

PX100-ii: midbass hump, fun sound

 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by aDoStereo View Post

Armaegis

I check some reviews about the audios that u recommend me, but i need it with  a different type of cord (the type of cord http://www.base80.com/tips/hair/phone-cord/phone-cord.jpg) i find really hard to go around with that in my pocket, maybe i'm asking to much,

BTW: the MDR V6 have like 20 years ! wow and they are really good

 

Audio Technica M50
AKG Q460

KRK 6400

post #8633 of 29490

I just don't know what will give me the best sound. PX200-II are closed, but I've heard that the HD215s sound better. The HD448 is another closed one I could buy, although I've heard it is dull and flat. I think the K420s would be good but I don't think there will be enough isolation for public use and I want something portable, plus I've got a big head. HD218s are open, and they're supposed to have some isolation. Should I just get the K330/340 or CX300-II? I don't know man, I just don't know.

post #8634 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDomokun View Post

I just don't know what will give me the best sound. PX200-II are closed, but I've heard that the HD215s sound better. The HD448 is another closed one I could buy, although I've heard it is dull and flat. I think the K420s would be good but I don't think there will be enough isolation for public use and I want something portable, plus I've got a big head. HD218s are open, and they're supposed to have some isolation. Should I just get the K330/340 or CX300-II? I don't know man, I just don't know.


The Sennheiser CX300's were uncomfortable to me for long periods. They tended to make my ear canals itchy after about 1.5 hours or so, but your mileage may vary. They do have huuuge bass though, so it's "fun" to listen to with bassy music genres.

 

post #8635 of 29490

I thought if the bass was too strong I'd turn it down with the EQ [although Clip Zip can't be rockbox'd yet]
I've heard mixed reviews about the K330/340s, they seem to have good SQ but I think they may be prone to cease operating, I don't know.

post #8636 of 29490

Hi everyone, there's such a big selection for headphones I'm kind of lost and need some help .I have a few questions:

  • I'm looking for headphones, but I don't realy know what the cons and pros are between open ear and closed ear
  • I'm looking for headphones about 200€, and I mostly listen to Rock like pink floyd, muse, radiohead, king crimson, and sometimes even hard rock or metal. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Also, I'll probably be using these mostly at home.


Edited by mikgod - 10/29/11 at 3:14am
post #8637 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDomokun View Post

I just don't know what will give me the best sound. PX200-II are closed, but I've heard that the HD215s sound better. The HD448 is another closed one I could buy, although I've heard it is dull and flat. I think the K420s would be good but I don't think there will be enough isolation for public use and I want something portable, plus I've got a big head. HD218s are open, and they're supposed to have some isolation. Should I just get the K330/340 or CX300-II? I don't know man, I just don't know.


 

Dull and flat?  Hmm... my perceptions vary a lot from that and I've logged hundreds of hours on the HD448.  I think for the sub-100 dollar range the mids are outstanding, even if the bass could use some more texture.  The bass quantity is just fine, but the dexterity in the lows shows why it is indeed a sub 100 dollar phone.  Even then, I found just amping them a little bit helps out the lows, so if you wanted an amp in the future (like say the e11) you'll get even more out of them.  I think they run just fine without an amp, however.  Other than that, I think it is a champ-- treble is nice and soft and the whole signature is warm and a bit dark.  Overall a very nice relaxing type sound.

 

You can find my impressions in the link in my signature and I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have about them. 

post #8638 of 29490

I'm tossing up between the HD448, HD215 and PX200-II. After reading your review I feel I can't really go wrong with the HD448s, but I also feel as if one of these may be more suited. I'm sure I'll be satisfied with whatever I get.

post #8639 of 29490

Hello guys would really appreciate some advice.

 

Was looking at Dre Beats, then thought ild go better so looked at Bose QC 15s... Good job i joined here then haha.

 

For use with my iPhone, Need closed on ear headphones for commuting so little sound leak is important! Listen to Rock, Rap, Pop so quite a range. Have looked at the HD 380's and they look like something ild go for, Any other suggestions?

 

In terms of price, Maybe up too £200 ($320) Any more info needed please ask. Thanks!

post #8640 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP93 View Post

Hello guys would really appreciate some advice.

 

Was looking at Dre Beats, then thought ild go better so looked at Bose QC 15s... Good job i joined here then haha.

 

For use with my iPhone, Need closed on ear headphones for commuting so little sound leak is important! Listen to Rock, Rap, Pop so quite a range. Have looked at the HD 380's and they look like something ild go for, Any other suggestions?

 

In terms of price, Maybe up too £200 ($320) Any more info needed please ask. Thanks!

 

Shure SRH940 would probably be the best isolating closed headphones in that price range, together with Beyer's D770. But if you're gonna use headphones with iphone only, without a portable amp, then buying some headphones above 100 dollars would be pointless.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum