or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 563  

post #8431 of 29490

Or just skip the so-called burn-in process and just enjoy your headphones. That works too. 

post #8432 of 29490

NO. Why would you do that? There has to be order.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Or just skip the so-called burn-in process and just enjoy your headphones. That works too. 



 

 

post #8433 of 29490

Ok one last question then I'll stop.  I've read countless glowing reviews of the D7000's, yet they are still inferior to the HD650's and Akg 701 because they are closed?  If so, why are they twice as much, especially when they are fairly noisy for a closed headphone, i.e. it would be rude to listen to an ipod with one in public.  This makes no sense to me.  

post #8434 of 29490

It would be ridiculous to listen to them in public for more than just the amount of leakage...and their fragile nature...and cumbersome cable.

 

Anyway...why are they inferior to the 650s and K701s...? Their bass is far superior to both of those headphones and IMO the D7000 bests them in every way except sound stage. 

 

They're more comfortable, top notch bass, second to none comfort, gorgeous design, and easy to power...and they isolate better than the other 2 if that's necessary. People overstate how 'bad' it is. They're nowhere near open. At the fairly loud levels I listen people may hear something at 3 - 4 feet away. No further and not enough to tell what you're listening to.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzer0 View Post

Ok one last question then I'll stop.  I've read countless glowing reviews of the D7000's, yet they are still inferior to the HD650's and Akg 701 because they are closed?  If so, why are they twice as much, especially when they are fairly noisy for a closed headphone, i.e. it would be rude to listen to an ipod with one in public.  This makes no sense to me.  



 

 


Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/21/11 at 9:00pm
post #8435 of 29490

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/denon-ah-d7000-headphones-review-49299396/2/

 

I was basing that off this review.  Maybe this review is a joke though?  

 

I found your review to be very informative btw.smily_headphones1.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

It would be ridiculous to listen to them in public for more than just the amount of leakage...and their fragile nature...and cumbersome cable.

 

Anyway...why are they inferior to the 650s and K701s...? Their bass is far superior to both of those headphones and IMO the D7000 bests them in every way except sound stage. 

 

They're more comfortable, top notch bass, second to none comfort, gorgeous design, and easy to power...and they isolate better than the other 2 if that's necessary. People overstate how 'bad' it is. They're nowhere near open. At the fairly loud levels I listen people may hear something at 3 - 4 feet away. No further and not enough to tell what you're listening to.

 

 

 



 

post #8436 of 29490

I dislike Cnet reviews. Heck I haven't even payed any attention to them for years.

 

Glad you found my review helpful. The D7000 is a great set of headphones. The street price on them has just been getting lower and lower...making them an even better value.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzer0 View Post

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/denon-ah-d7000-headphones-review-49299396/2/

 

I was basing that off this review.  Maybe this review is a joke though?  

 

I found your review to be very informative btw.smily_headphones1.gif



 

 

post #8437 of 29490

Okay so looking for advice. I recently ordered a pair of SRH840s from Amazon and the buyer dropped out. I'm not very happy but I see this as a chance to gather more info before making a purchase. I have a pair of HD555 and M50 both of which I acquired for cheap from the guy who records for my brother's band. That being said, I like both of those for different genres and the HD555 worked wonders for gaming for me. 

 

That being said, I'm looking to buy a new set for Rock, Metal, and progressive. I've heard the SRH840 does amazing for progressive rock but I'm also very tempted to try out the SR80i. I'm not a basshead but I like a good amount of bass. I've read that Grados lack a deeper bass. From what I gathered, the SRH840 kinda trades blows with the Grados. Much of my listening time goes to Rush and Floyd and while I;m not asking for suggestions based on a specific band, I still find it worth mentioning. 

post #8438 of 29490

The 840 is not much of an upgrade from the M50. If you're playing around at the same price point, go for something with a different sound like the Grado or maybe an Ultrasone (HFi580 and 780, bassy and more balanced respectively)

post #8439 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

The 840 is not much of an upgrade from the M50. If you're playing around at the same price point, go for something with a different sound like the Grado or maybe an Ultrasone (HFi580 and 780, bassy and more balanced respectively) 

I got the chance to try out the HFI580 and something was just "off" for me personally. I might be dropping the cash on the SR80i in that case. Should I look into the MS1 at all?

post #8440 of 29490

Ultrasones can be hit or miss from some people, depending just how the S-Logic interacts with your ears. 

 

I personally preferred the MS1 to the SR80 (and SR125), but the differences are so minute you'd really only be able to tell if you A/B'd them directly or were already very familiar with the Grado sound. For most people, I recommend getting the cheapest one available and doing a couple of mods.

post #8441 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Ultrasones can be hit or miss from some people, depending just how the S-Logic interacts with your ears. 

 

I personally preferred the MS1 to the SR80 (and SR125), but the differences are so minute you'd really only be able to tell if you A/B'd them directly or were already very familiar with the Grado sound. For most people, I recommend getting the cheapest one available and doing a couple of mods.



So just let me ask, which is the better bang for the buck? MS1 or SR80i? Or is it simply subjective?

post #8442 of 29490

wondering if there any full size headphone that sounds like the beyer DT1350?

post #8443 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibage View Post

So just let me ask, which is the better bang for the buck? MS1 or SR80i? Or is it simply subjective?



My vote goes to the MS1.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post

wondering if there any full size headphone that sounds like the beyer DT1350?


Maybe the K701?

 

post #8444 of 29490

but i heard that the K701 sounds not too focus and too dry?

post #8445 of 29490

Hey everyone

 

I'm having an issue here and I was hoping one of you could help me out. I did some research but I coudn't really find some answers for m situation.

I want some new headphones. Currently i'm using ten year old earplugs that came with a crap mp3 player. I always listen music at school, in the bus at home and with my digital piano.

The kind of music that I listen to is mainly electro house (also with vocals), progressive  and deadmau5 stuff. also a little bit of dubstep. As I said I also want a good piano sound for when i'm playing on my digital piano. I listen my music on an android device which I always use as mp3 player.

I dont know anything about headphones (never looked into them etc.)

 

So my friend has Dr Dre Beats solo headphones and he let me listen to them. I was completely blown away, was like heaven for my ears. Awesome sound. So I want to listen music like that. Also it kind of blocked the outside noise which was awesome. I dont want stuff with battery just passive noise cancel (I believe thats what its called?) if thats possible.

 

With that said my first question is should I go for in ear or on ear. I want to be able to wear the headphones for about 2 hours without discomfort... Also I'll be using headphones in public quite often so if its on ear I want some good looking headphones (not too big, I dont like that. More like beats solo style). If its in ear the looks dont really matter I guess. I want audio comparable to the beats solo, cause it sound amazing! and noice cancelling. I also want a travel case (ill be taking them with me alot) and a firm cable. I want to be able to separate the cable from the headphones itself and I rather not have a plastic look.

 

I know i'm kind of comparing everything to the beats solo now but thats because its the only headphones I listened to besides my crappy earplugs. 

So I can simply buy the beats but I read that they are quite overpriced and I want to make a good choice. I dont want to pay alot of money just for the brand cause I dont care about brands, I care about looks and quality. Thats why I also want to consider other headphones apart from the solos. My price range is about  70-100 euros (netherlands). If its really awesome sound and good looking im willing to pay more. I prefer to buy my stuff in local stores too.

 

So with this information can you guys recommend me some good headphones? should I just buy beats? are there equal cheaper ones?

I did some search and I found the AKG k450 for about 80 euros. maybe thats a better option for me?

 

Thanks in advance

 

regards,

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum