or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 554  

post #8296 of 29490

I'm looking for a headphone for gaming and music, mostly rock. I like a little bass in my music and in my games too. That kind of scares me off from the ATH-AD700. I'm really thinking about the ATH A700. Is there anything else that I should look into in the price range? 

 

I'm really thinking about just spending a bit more on an Ultrasone Pro 550.


Edited by BababooeyHTJ - 10/18/11 at 7:42pm
post #8297 of 29490

Hello everyone, i need some help getting full size headphones under 250$. I currently own monster turbine pro copper earphones...i am looking for headphones which sound atleast as good as copper pros do or even better. please suggest me some good full size headphones. 

Thanks in advance.

post #8298 of 29490

What kind of music do you like?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanappu007 View Post

Hello everyone, i need some help getting full size headphones under 250$. I currently own monster turbine pro copper earphones...i am looking for headphones which sound atleast as good as copper pros do or even better. please suggest me some good full size headphones. 

Thanks in advance.



 

 

post #8299 of 29490

There is no particular kind of music that i love...i just listen to all kinds of music, any song that is good. But i like the bass to have a good impact but not too boomy.

post #8300 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanappu007 View Post

There is no particular kind of music that i love...i just listen to all kinds of music, any song that is good. But i like the bass to have a good impact but not too boomy.



If you don't need isolation, I always hear good things about the D2000. Versatile with genre and great bass.

post #8301 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I'm looking for a headphone for gaming and music, mostly rock. I like a little bass in my music and in my games too. That kind of scares me off from the ATH-AD700. I'm really thinking about the ATH A700. Is there anything else that I should look into in the price range? 

I'm really thinking about just spending a bit more on an Ultrasone Pro 550.

I've thought some about getting the ATH-A700.....but.

 

You could save a few dollars.

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S (semi-open).

Beyerdynamic EDT 200 Velour ear pads.


 

 

 

post #8302 of 29490

I have a pair of dt880 250Ohms that I like quite a bit but unfortunately I believe I ever so slightly blew the right driver (long story) and instead of fixing it (for now) I'm looking to buy a new pair of cans.  I'm thinking of just getting DT880/600s however is there anything in the $600 and under range that is similar to the 880s but noticeably better?  I get a feeling there really isn't but figured I'd ask.

post #8303 of 29490

just found out the Denon's have terrible build quality and can be broken easily...Gonna go with the XD 53's or get the Pioneer HDJ2000 and mod them from the tut in that thread here. I think the premium in price might be worth it after all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

The SP uses an inferior driver. Not worth it IMO.

 

Also...Get the Xone 53...It's absolutely stunning. I love Denons, but I think something more rugged (that isolates better) would work better in public. 

 

They are still my favorite headphone to spin with to date. 

 

 


Since you have the XB 7000, just wanted to ask what you think has better bass between the two (I don't want it to drown every other thing in a song but I still need that boom).

 


Edited by DreamKing - 10/19/11 at 1:14am
post #8304 of 29490

anyways sorry i nearly bought a ATH M50 today but they had no stock anyways they also offered me a700 which i also really like but it has a 64OHMS Imdependence and im just wondering do i need an amp and which one is better?

post #8305 of 29490

Hi, I am new here. I am looking for headphones or earphones that have good bass - loud and tight. I am used to sound signature of Creative T3100 and T6060 speakers with good bass from subwoofer. I had used Sennheiser HD280Prof. It was extremely uncomfortable for me. I felt my head was getting crushed. I later got a used Denon AH-D2000. They were good for watching movies but not good for gaming. The cannons and shotguns sounds had no boom compared subwoofers. The headphones also fatigued my ears and gave me headache within 2 hrs. I can play with speakers for more than 8 hrs. I have a budget of 150 USD. What would you recommend to someone who wants to play single players games with excellent bassy music and soundeffects, listens to metal and music with beats. I will be using the headphones with laptop. I also want some noise isolation like the previous headphones I owned. I don't mind if the quality is less than AH-D2000 as long as I get better bass and no fatigue headache. I would rather buy a headphone under 80USD if the loss in quality is less than 20%.

post #8306 of 29490

The only reason I don't have a 53 anymore is because I sold them when I stopped DJing. I wish I'd kept them and I'll definitely get another pair (now that I'm hoping to at least make some extra cash spinning on the weekends). 

 

The 700s have more subwoofer bass but the 53s have a lot more kick and are more balanced. Bass definitely drowns out the highs on the XB cans (and some of the mids). It's much more controlled on the 53. Then again, the 700 can be had at half the price of the 53.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKing View Post

just found out the Denon's have terrible build quality and can be broken easily...Gonna go with the XD 53's or get the Pioneer HDJ2000 and mod them from the tut in that thread here. I think the premium in price might be worth it after all.

 


Since you have the XB 7000, just wanted to ask what you think has better bass between the two (I don't want it to drown every other thing in a song but I still need that boom).

 



 

 

post #8307 of 29490

I have the HTF-600, the soundstage isn't all that big. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

I've thought some about getting the ATH-A700.....but.

 

You could save a few dollars.

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S (semi-open).

Beyerdynamic EDT 200 Velour ear pads.

 

 

 



 


Edited by BababooeyHTJ - 10/19/11 at 11:06am
post #8308 of 29490

HD280 is out, but I still don't know what headphone should I buy:

 

SRH550DJ

SRH440

ATH-WS55

ATH-SJ55

HD438

HD448

HD238

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky151 View Post

IMO I would stay away from the HD280s if you like your bass. Yes, they do have bass on some songs and under certain situations but it is a very sterile sound. If you want your spleen shattering bass, let alone a heavily present bass, then look else where. Also, the cord is heavy and bothersome IMO. So yes they do sound good, they just fall short is certain places. Tons of isolation though. redface.gif



 

post #8309 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolaspiazza View Post

HD280 is out, but I still don't know what headphone should I buy:

 

SRH550DJ

SRH440

ATH-WS55

ATH-SJ55

HD438

HD448

HD238

 

 

 

 


This will help you narrow down your search a bit--

 

I have quite a bit of experience with those 3 Senn models and I feel HD448 > HD238 > HD438, with the HD448 being better in every category compared to the other two.

 

Just one opinion.

 

post #8310 of 29490

Hi I'm new here.I'm looking for over ear headphones for travelling and home usage.I prefer bass heavy,deep but not too powerful.I don't want to get migraine which I'm having this problem with sharp highs too.My budget  is around 70$,I'm gonna buy from accesory jack.A friend of mine said that I should get a Senn but I couldn't decide because I think I can find better level headphone from another with this budget,maybe ATH or Sony.I'm curious about Audio-Technica ATH-WS55 and WS50 and also Audio-Technica ATH-SJ55.Suggestions??

 

PS:I don't want to use amps right now


Edited by bohemian - 10/19/11 at 2:52pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum