Hmm, maybe the HD380 then. Good sound and comfort (once the initial clamp wears off), fantastic isolation, and folds down into a travel case for portability.
So my b-day is coming up soon and I've decided that it's time to upgrade my headphones since I basically live in them during my free time. My previous cans were a set of MDR-V6 (right ear gave out after 2 years of gentle use) and currently are a pair AKG K271 which I find is nice for rock but not so much the other genres I listen to which is predominantly electronic, idm, indie rock, and instrumental hip-hop. I love drums and idm/electronic music that incorporates lots of intricately placed sounds filling the soundstage so something that will translate this would be awesome. I'll eventually be getting either a cmoybb, a nuforce icon mobile or udac-2 to go along with my new set but for now it'll be plugged straight into an old audigy 2 sound card.
What I'm looking for:
- ~$200-250, maybe 300 if it's a significant leap but would prefer less
- closed circumaural with decent isolation and low leakage
- portability not necessary but always a plus
- comfortable enough for long (3+ hour) sessions with stock pads
- translates drums and sub bass well but doesn't skimp on mids and highs for rock
- nice soundstage for idm music and maybe a bit of gaming
- open to entry-level amp or dac suggestions as well
I know if I didn't ask for some opinions I'd be researching well into the next year. Thanks for taking the time to read through this and helping me on my quest!
A few suggestions: