Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... - Page 437  

post #6541 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grybpjovys View Post

So.. I had ****phones now, no bass, no anything. So i want new headphones, not expensive yet. Mostly listening dubstep/some beats smth like that. Don't want really really big bass. Must be closed type, would be very good if they could be foldable. Sometimes i play games, but don't need good sound-stage, only surround (dont play very much fps actually). I will use them at home and on move/school. I want them full-size (i think on-ear headphones isn't comfortable for long wearing). Must be comfortable. Price range <100$.

Thanks for reading this randomguy****ness

hey i think that the most of people are going to advice

the audio-technica m50 or the ultrasone hi-fi 580 i think they are 10-30 dollar above your price range but from what i have read they should be very good for this price range :)
 

 

post #6542 of 29491

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes235 View Post



hey i think that the most of people are going to advice

the audio-technica m50 or the ultrasone hi-fi 580 i think they are 10-30 dollar above your price range but from what i have read they should be very good for this price range :)
 

 

Hey. Thanks for advice. Well, m50 is nice to me, but in official reseller (found it on official audiotechnica website) (I live in Lithuania btw)it costs ~214$, and in other shops there aren't such model. But there is like ATH-SJ55 BK and simillar. Ultrasone - even couldn't find them. Buying from amazon/ebay - well, shipping costs a lot as i saw (never bought from internet yet, so fix me if i'm wrong). Is there any simillar or maybe a bit not as good as m50?

post #6543 of 29491

:@ Grybpjovys

 

i bought my audio stuff here  www.thomann.de good site but fo lithuania the shipping cost are at 25 euro 

so if you get the hi-fi 580 137 euro + 25 shipping = 162 euro .

audio tecnica m50 : 166+25 = 191        

                    

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529097/ath-sj11-or-ath-sj33-or-ath-sj55   thread about the ath-sj55 etc .. ;)

 

and musicstore.com also ship to lithuania but i don't know the shipping cost there 

post #6544 of 29491

I'm looking for a new set of full size headphones for portable use with my Samsung Galaxy S II with FLAC files of Hip Hop, electronica, Rock and other genres. I'm also considering getting a Fiio E11 or a CMOY if necessary.

 

The first in the list is the Shure SRH-840*. I truly love this headphone, but I recently came across other headphones that I might like, although I would love to read your opinions. I'm looking for a balanced headphone of the type of the Fostex T50RP, but with better isolation to be used in the subway or the street.

 

The contenders are:

 

1 Shure SRH-940* (Don't know yet if the expensive price worth the pity until I try them)

2 Sony MDR-7510 (Some say that are a "professional version of the ZX700)

3 Sony MDR-ZX700 (I've read some reviews and I think that could be similar to the Shure SRH-840 at almost 1/3 of the price)

4 Sony MDR-XB500 (mainly for the 30€ price in a shop, although I know they will need some EQ. I love their comfort, but couldn't test the sound in the shop because the seller didn't allow me)

5 Sennheiser HD-25-1 II (I'm not a basshead, so I don't know if I would really like them. Also not Sennheiser fan at all)

6 Denon AH-D1100* (Maybe they're so bass focused for me)

7 Denon AH-D2000* (Same as AH-D1100)

 

Those with the * are the ones that I could test in a local shop. Those in blue are the most tempting for me.

 

I don't need/want open/semiopen headphones, because my other babies are the Grado HF-2 and the Fostex T50RP (semiopen).

 

Could anyone help me, please?

post #6545 of 29491

what do you guys think should i choose

 

sr60i + govibe petite

sr60i + ordnance .22

sr125i

 

all those 3 options are almost the same in exception for sr60i with ordnance .22 which is cheaper by 50 SGD compared to the rest

post #6546 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLaRe View Post

I'm looking for a new set of full size headphones for portable use with my Samsung Galaxy S II with FLAC files of Hip Hop, electronica, Rock and other genres. I'm also considering getting a Fiio E11 or a CMOY if necessary.

 

The first in the list is the Shure SRH-840*. I truly love this headphone, but I recently came across other headphones that I might like, although I would love to read your opinions. I'm looking for a balanced headphone of the type of the Fostex T50RP, but with better isolation to be used in the subway or the street.

 

The contenders are:

 

1 Shure SRH-940* (Don't know yet if the expensive price worth the pity until I try them)

2 Sony MDR-7510 (Some say that are a "professional version of the ZX700)

3 Sony MDR-ZX700 (I've read some reviews and I think that could be similar to the Shure SRH-840 at almost 1/3 of the price)

4 Sony MDR-XB500 (mainly for the 30€ price in a shop, although I know they will need some EQ. I love their comfort, but couldn't test the sound in the shop because the seller didn't allow me)

5 Sennheiser HD-25-1 II (I'm not a basshead, so I don't know if I would really like them. Also not Sennheiser fan at all)

6 Denon AH-D1100* (Maybe they're so bass focused for me)

7 Denon AH-D2000* (Same as AH-D1100)

 

Those with the * are the ones that I could test in a local shop. Those in blue are the most tempting for me.

 

I don't need/want open/semiopen headphones, because my other babies are the Grado HF-2 and the Fostex T50RP (semiopen).

 

Could anyone help me, please?


the sennheiser are not very bassy !!!

i think the best headphone in the list should be the denon ah-D2000

 

post #6547 of 29491

Hi. I'm looking between two headphones to get: the Shure SRH840 and the Sennheiser HD380 Pro. I'm looking for comfort, build quality, sound quality, and somewhat balance with a warm tone. The headphones will be driven by a headphone amp (the Fiio E7) so I would like to know which one would benefit most from it. Which one should I get?

Thanks in advance.

 

post #6548 of 29491

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzes235 View Post




the sennheiser are not very bassy !!!

i think the best headphone in the list should be the denon ah-D2000

 



I like the style and the accesories, but I'm afraid of their bass response, because I don't want rolled off mids and highs with a lot of boom, that's the reason why I will go to test them this saturday against the Shure SRH-840, Shure SHR-940 and Denon AH-D1100. Also, the Denon AH-D2000 are the most expensive of the list, with a 300€ tag, more than the double of the Shure SRH-840.
 

 

post #6549 of 29491

:@ slare

i don't think the shure wil do a great job with electronic music , hiphop ... :s

for what i have read the denon will be your best bet i think ...

! maybe ultrasone pro 900

post #6550 of 29491

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzes235 View Post

:@ slare

i don't think the shure wil do a great job with electronic music , hiphop ... :s

for what i have read the denon will be your best bet i think ...

! maybe ultrasone pro 900



In fact, I like the 840 with Hip Hop, as much as I like how this genre sounds in my HF-2 or T50RP. I had one pair of 840 a year ago for some time and loved them, that's why they're my first option, but I'm open-minded.

 

I'm not very fond of Ultrasone and I can't test them in any shop, so they are directly discarded...

 

post #6551 of 29491

if you had them and loved them get them back :)

post #6552 of 29491

ramzes if you haven't tried the headphones these guys have listed, please don't comment.. o.o"

post #6553 of 29491

@ koolkat i have tried the hd 25 and that is the only one were i give my opinion --' and for the rest i suggest ...

and i says that if he loved his shure 840 that should get them back --'

so sorry if you are not agree with what i'm doing ... bye and would not comment anymore

post #6554 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium1085 View Post

what do u think about the nuforce icon udac-2?


It's a nice little unit. Small and convenient, decent amounts of power, it even does an ok job pushing a K701. It's got competition from the likes of the e7 and DB-Zero these days though.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texpect View Post

Hi, 

 

so, as a second post, I decided to ask something about a decision I'm gonna make.

 

I'm looking for new headphones, and an amp. I don't have money that much yet, so I think I'll buy the headphones first and then think of buying an amp. At this moment, I'm using my MacBooks ****ty sound card, so it isn't so enjoyable to listen stuff. 

 

My budget is about 100€/140 USD (blabla.. can't write the icon..)

 

So, I wish u could help me :)

 

I'm new here, so I don't know like everything of these things like some of u do :D 


Well you didn't give us any music preferences... so I'm just going to go with a random suggestion of: Pioneer HDJ-500

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes235 View Post

hey everyone ,ultrasone pro 900 good for hip-hop / rock / pop /jazz ? 

:)

thanx 


You're going to want something more balanced sounding than the Pro900. All that bass is good for hip hop and pop, but not so much for jazz.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelwaters View Post

So in a recent extremely unfortunate escapade, I happened to break my Audio Technica M-50s. I was extremely happy with them for the year or so they lasted, but nevertheless want to try something new for my next set.

 

I was thinking either Sennheiser HD-25, Sennheiser Hd-600 or Beyerdynamic DT880 (I'm scared that I may not be able to drive the 600 ohm version)

 

The amp I have is a Fiio E7 portable amp, and I probably won't be upgrading anytime soon

 

Any help would be appreciated


I'm assuming you want something more portable and durable, in which case go with the HD25-1-ii. The HD600 is nor portable at all, nor is the DT880 (although the DT880 is quite rugged)

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Grybpjovys View Post

So.. I had ****phones now, no bass, no anything. So i want new headphones, not expensive yet. Mostly listening dubstep/some beats smth like that. Don't want really really big bass. Must be closed type, would be very good if they could be foldable. Sometimes i play games, but don't need good sound-stage, only surround (dont play very much fps actually). I will use them at home and on move/school. I want them full-size (i think on-ear headphones isn't comfortable for long wearing). Must be comfortable. Price range <100$.

Thanks for reading this randomguy****ness


M-Audio Q40

Shure 440

 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLaRe View Post

I'm looking for a new set of full size headphones for portable use with my Samsung Galaxy S II with FLAC files of Hip Hop, electronica, Rock and other genres. I'm also considering getting a Fiio E11 or a CMOY if necessary.

 

The first in the list is the Shure SRH-840*. I truly love this headphone, but I recently came across other headphones that I might like, although I would love to read your opinions. I'm looking for a balanced headphone of the type of the Fostex T50RP, but with better isolation to be used in the subway or the street.

 

The contenders are:

 

1 Shure SRH-940* (Don't know yet if the expensive price worth the pity until I try them)

2 Sony MDR-7510 (Some say that are a "professional version of the ZX700)

3 Sony MDR-ZX700 (I've read some reviews and I think that could be similar to the Shure SRH-840 at almost 1/3 of the price)

4 Sony MDR-XB500 (mainly for the 30€ price in a shop, although I know they will need some EQ. I love their comfort, but couldn't test the sound in the shop because the seller didn't allow me)

5 Sennheiser HD-25-1 II (I'm not a basshead, so I don't know if I would really like them. Also not Sennheiser fan at all)

6 Denon AH-D1100* (Maybe they're so bass focused for me)

7 Denon AH-D2000* (Same as AH-D1100)

 

Those with the * are the ones that I could test in a local shop. Those in blue are the most tempting for me.

 

I don't need/want open/semiopen headphones, because my other babies are the Grado HF-2 and the Fostex T50RP (semiopen).

 

Could anyone help me, please?


The Shure 840 price has been fluctuating a lot lately. It's dropped below $130 a few times in the last couple weeks; just keep an eye out. Reportedly less bassy than the 840, with a stronger focus on the upper register.

 

Based on a mix of my own impressions and readings, I would say the best isolation would be offered by the 940 and HD25, followed next by the 840 and ZX700/7510

 

If you're looking for balanced sound, drop the XB500. Also drop the D2000 as it isolates very poorly and is quite loose so isn't something you'd want to carry around on the subway.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantlp13 View Post

what do you guys think should i choose

 

sr60i + govibe petite

sr60i + ordnance .22

sr125i

 

all those 3 options are almost the same in exception for sr60i with ordnance .22 which is cheaper by 50 SGD compared to the rest


I don't know much about those amps, but in general the Grados don't need much in the way of extra power unless you have a weak or noisy source. If you want a dac, then pick the govibe petite. Otherwise, just get a SR60 by itself.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephaestus123 View Post

Hi. I'm looking between two headphones to get: the Shure SRH840 and the Sennheiser HD380 Pro. I'm looking for comfort, build quality, sound quality, and somewhat balance with a warm tone. The headphones will be driven by a headphone amp (the Fiio E7) so I would like to know which one would benefit most from it. Which one should I get?

Thanks in advance.

 


Both have a somewhat balanced but bass sloped sound. Good build quality for both with the 840 feeling a bit sturdier but the HD380 folds flat and has a case. Comfortwise, I give the definite nod to the HD380.

 

post #6555 of 29491

armaegis

thanx :)

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum