or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 426  

post #6376 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post


Any Ultrasone that isn't overly bassy might suit you (so basically not the HFI580 or Pro750/900) as they have strong bass and the S-Logic gives a fairly wide sense of soundstage. Some find their sound a bit cooler though, so you really have to try them out to decide.

 

If you can find a used Denon D2000, I think the sound will suit you as well. It has excellent bass that does bleed a little bit into the mids but not too badly. 

 

I can also recommend the Shure 840 (not sure if they're still on sale through Amazon) which has a strong bass but is more sloped in response rather than V shaped like other DJ cans. 

 


 

[Edit: Posting alongside Mahalo's requirements] Which of those would perform best? I know its a bit of an opinionated question but just make a statement based on general consensus.

 

How's $200 for a used D2000?


Edited by Kudos - 8/18/11 at 9:05pm
post #6377 of 29490

The M50 is worth another shot; just make sure you buy from an authorized seller (and if the price is too good to be true, it probably is). The Shure 840 are also on sale for $130 through Amazon right now and give the M50 a definite run for their money. 

 

I'm personally a fan of the Phiatons and would happily recommend the MS300 or MS400. The latter if you want a bassier sound, the former if you want something with a bit more edge.


Edited by Armaegis - 8/18/11 at 8:54pm
post #6378 of 29490

The D2000 is my favorite of that list. Amazing line.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos View Post




 

Which of those would perform best? I know its a bit of an opinionated question but just make a statement based on general consensus.

 

How's $200 for a used D2000?



 

 

post #6379 of 29490


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post

Good day, Head Fi. Been lurking around here but never bothered to make a post, or even an account. x) But now I'm in the market for an upgrade from my XB700.

 

Budget, $250. Want a closed headphone that performs great for Hip Hop, great mids and bass, a decent soundstage and separation, and a warm sound overall. Portability is not an issue, and I'd prefer around the ear cans.

 

I's like to hear a more full, detailed sound than my XB700s mostly. And a more subtle, but still impactful bass.

 

 

Personally I think everything sound better then the Sony XB line.

I would help if we knew what will be powering your headphones, mp3 player? Ipod? stereo receiver? headphone amplifier? Computer sound card?

Currently my best sounding headphone is the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250-Ohm, but it needs a headphone amp. or good stereo receiver to power it.
 

 

post #6380 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos View Post

How's $200 for a used D2000?


Assuming it's in good shape, that's a very good price.

 

post #6381 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post


 

Personally I think everything sound better then the Sony XB line.

I would help if we knew what will be powering your headphones, mp3 player? Ipod? stereo receiver? headphone amplifier? Computer sound card?

Currently my best sounding headphone is the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250-Ohm, but it needs a headphone amp. or good stereo receiver to power it.
 

 


 

Forgot to mention I need a DAC as well to go with the new phones, and that should be included in the $250. Any recommendations? 

 

 

post #6382 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post




 

Forgot to mention I need a DAC as well to go with the new phones, and that should be included in the $250. Any recommendations? 

 

 



you could build a grubdac kit for about 50$ if your into diy

post #6383 of 29490

Considering buying Superlux 688B's from this site:

 

http://www.greenflymusicsupply.com/store/Superlux-by-Avlex-HD668B-Enhanced-Bass-Stereo-Headphones-p4076.html

 

Can anyone do a legitimacy check for me?

post #6384 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag3l View Post

Considering buying Superlux 688B's from this site:

 

http://www.greenflymusicsupply.com/store/Superlux-by-Avlex-HD668B-Enhanced-Bass-Stereo-Headphones-p4076.html

 

Can anyone do a legitimacy check for me?

I was originally going to order my HD-668s from them a while back, but if i remember right, their shipping prices are high.

So Audiohipster got my business.
 

 

post #6385 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post



I was originally going to order my HD-668s from them a while back, but if i remember right, their shipping prices are high.

So Audiohipster got my business.
 

 

It seems that they offer free shipping on products $49 and more... and it seems like these headphones are under that category. 
So maybe this might be my lucky break, but in terms of legitimacy, can I trust this company?
 

 

post #6386 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchapdaily View Post





you could build a grubdac kit for about 50$ if your into diy



Ehh, I don't have the tools for that i dont' think. Or any experience.

post #6387 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post





Ehh, I don't have the tools for that i dont' think. Or any experience.



would be a tough first project. in that case you could get a nuforce udac2 if you also need an amp

post #6388 of 29490

 

HD-600 vs HD-650 vs HE-300 vs SRH-940 for:
 
asd.jpg
post #6389 of 29490

Hello there Head-fi.org
I'd love to get some recommendations on the following situation:

As a beatmaker/producer in both hiphop and dance genres I'm looking for a headphone. The headphones will only be used at home, so nothing portable is required. Preferably it is good (enough) for mixing-purposing as well.


My budget is around 120 us dollars, and one that works without amp is preferred.

Anyone who can help me out here?

post #6390 of 29490

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea what there headphones are

 

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le289mpkGw1qau50i.jpg


Edited by buci - 8/19/11 at 2:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum