or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 398  

post #5956 of 29490

I'm still looking for headphones that will have good sound quality, durable and comfortable.

 

  • Around $100.  Willing to spend more, but no more than $200, if its well worth the extra money
  • Mainly for Rock, and some of r&b, pop, and rap
  • Will be used on iPod and pc w/ onboard sound card
  • Will buy cheap amp if necessary

 

Any more suggestion other than the srh440?

post #5957 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetspeak View Post

I'm still looking for headphones that will have good sound quality, durable and comfortable.

 

  • Around $100.  Willing to spend more, but no more than $200, if its well worth the extra money
  • Mainly for Rock, and some of r&b, pop, and rap
  • Will be used on iPod and pc w/ onboard sound card
  • Will buy cheap amp if necessary

 

Any more suggestion other than the srh440?


id say either the ath m50 or senn hd555 with the 595 mod

 

post #5958 of 29490

Thanks, I'm looking at the fio e7 or the headstage arrow, the ultrasone pro 2900 or out of my price range, anything else that you can reccomend?

post #5959 of 29490


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchapdaily View Post




id say either the ath m50 or senn hd555 with the 595 mod

 


I think the hd555 fits the headphones I'm looking for (its open), and its only $100.  Is the 595 mod hard to do in any way, I mean opening the hd555?  Also, would the hd555 do well with rock and pop genres?

 

post #5960 of 29490

 The hd595 mod is INCREDIBLY easy. And the cans do well with pretty much any genre, although they're a little more spacious, but still agressive enough to handle rock and pop. These headphones will definitely shine if you throw in an amp of sorts, but the choice is yours.

post #5961 of 29490

Hey guys. So I've got a bit of a dilemma here. Which headphones- Sennheiser HD438, or Grado SR225i? I listen to rock music, and I want/need a strong, good bass. I listen to my music from my iPod, and don't use a headphone amp. Thanks! 

post #5962 of 29490

never tried the senn hd438 but the grado 225i will do great for rock and have good bass even without an amp. 

post #5963 of 29490

hello

 

i need a headphone that will have more treble than hd595 (but not k702 bright) and better bass (both quality and quantity), must be open. budget £300. i'd like to surprise my brother with a nice present :)

 

cheers

 


Edited by Dreaming Of A Better ... - 8/8/11 at 2:50pm
post #5964 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetspeak View Post

I'm still looking for headphones that will have good sound quality, durable and comfortable.

 

  • Around $100.  Willing to spend more, but no more than $200, if its well worth the extra money
  • Mainly for Rock, and some of r&b, pop, and rap
  • Will be used on iPod and pc w/ onboard sound card
  • Will buy cheap amp if necessary

 

Any more suggestion other than the srh440?


Sony V6 is somewhere around $60 when you can find it on sale. The M50 is popular, and the Shure 840 is on sale for $130 through Amazon right now. 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by raman162 View Post

Thanks, I'm looking at the fio e7 or the headstage arrow, the ultrasone pro 2900 or out of my price range, anything else that you can reccomend?


Depends how much bass you want for hip hop. Open and bassy typically do not go together. The Senn PX100-ii is actually a very nice headphone and quite affordable.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by akong View Post

Hey guys. So I've got a bit of a dilemma here. Which headphones- Sennheiser HD438, or Grado SR225i? I listen to rock music, and I want/need a strong, good bass. I listen to my music from my iPod, and don't use a headphone amp. Thanks! 


Grados have a punchy aggressive bass, but many would hesitate to call it "strong". The HD438 easily has more bass volume.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming Of A Better ... View Post

hello

 

i need a headphone that will have more treble than hd595 (but not k702 bright) and better bass (both quality and quantity), must be open. budget £300. i'd like to surprise my brother with a nice present :)

 

cheers

 


Ultrasone Pro2900 or HFI2400. 

 

post #5965 of 29490

thanks, i'll look for some reviews.


Edited by Dreaming Of A Better ... - 8/8/11 at 3:46pm
post #5966 of 29490

I'm looking to sell my 595s (made a classified for them) in favor of some closed headphones that are a bit more portable. Currently thinking about getting the Sony MDR-V6 since it isn't huge and offers some sound isolation. Any other headphones I should be considering which meet this criteria?

post #5967 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apalachian77 View Post

I'm looking to sell my 595s (made a classified for them) in favor of some closed headphones that are a bit more portable. Currently thinking about getting the Sony MDR-V6 since it isn't huge and offers some sound isolation. Any other headphones I should be considering which meet this criteria?



What type of sound are you looking for..? What type of music you mostly listen to.?  You looking for a do it all can or something with more Bass punch for example?

post #5968 of 29490

Looking for something closed and under $150 that doesn't need to be amped. Source will be my laptop, an older ipod and my smartphone. I'll be listening mostly to rock music with some occasional movies/tv shows. I've done some research and have been looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580/DJ1, Denon DN-HP700, and possibly the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 if I could find them for under $150. I have some Grado SR60s that I like, but I'm not necessarily looking for something that would sound like closed Grados.

post #5969 of 29490

I will be buying the Asus N55sf and the sony xb700 or xb1000. If I listen music from the laptop should I use an amp for better sound? Because it says that there is already an amp in the laptop. I have an old Sony amplifier. which is better ( laptop>amp>headphones or laptop>headphones). And what about DAC should I buy one ? How will it help me?

post #5970 of 29490

Well, I've had my Beyerdynamic DT880's since.. 2005, I believe. They were the first real pair of headphones I bought after some Senn 595's and I've been using the 880's daily ever since.

 

Tragically, the right driver is finally starting to die, and I suppose it's time for new headphones. I've been driving them with just a Total Bithead for the past year or so (hard times, had to sell some stuff), but I figured I could afford to spend some money on audio gear again.

 

So, that said, I'm basically back at square one. Should I buy a new pair of DT880's and a Shiit Valhalla/Lyr (that was my planned combo, anyway), or is there a driver replacement that I can do? Or maybe a different pair of cans instead of just another pair of 880's?

 

As a bit of background, I've been through AKG701's, Senn 650/600's and a handful of other mid-range headphones and I still absolutely adore the 880's. Amping has been pretty random. I had a MX3 Slam for a bit, two fairly hefty sold state amps I built, then I drove headphones with a vintage Kenwood 600 for a while, after that it was a Little Dot MkIII and now I'm down all the way to the aforementioned Total Bithead.


Edited by HypnoLobster - 8/8/11 at 4:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum