or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 387  

post #5791 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

totaly irelevent but i kinda needf help........ i want something better then ms1 but less then 100 dollars im thinking about the ad700 but hnot sure about the sound leakage any others i should know btw i also want it to be portable



AD700 is definitely not what I would call portable.  It's large, and quite loose - and also kind of goofy looking - oh and it leaks a lot as well.  For all that, it's still a great can.

 

Might pay to also list the kind of music you listen to and what your source is.  You'll then get better help.

post #5792 of 29490

Friend of mine needs to get some noise blocking headphones (even when they are off) because of loud room mates. Needs to be able to be driven by an ipod and a laptop, under $300 USD.

 

No preference in brands or anything.

post #5793 of 29490

I love my Denon D2000, but been hit by upgraditis. My budget is 1k.

I'm considering Denon's D7000 and Audeze's LCD2.

With witch one should I go?

I listen to hard rock, classical, jazz and bossa nova. All in Mp3 (320) and flac, in the computer through my Audio-GD Sparrow (WM8741).

post #5794 of 29490

I listen to alternative rock stuff at the most, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, The National, a lot of more mellow stuff, like Norah Jones, Fleet Foxes, Kings of Convenience, very few HEAVY stuff, i also like Blues and Jazz, but not that much, i don't plan to listen to classical music, i think that's a important point.

I'm looking for a natural sound, since i don't have a amp, our a DAC, and i'm planning to use then with my computer and iPod.

Yes, now that Paypal it's a possibility, a new horizon is in front of me, but now i feel kinda lost, i feel like the Grados are the most simple choice, since like everyone say good things about then.

About my budget, i was planning to spend that much because it was the only option, now, i really want to keep it under $100 mark, because the shipping rates are insane (the lowest one is about $35.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 



No problem.

 

What kind of music do you like? What kind of sound do you [think] you like? If you're willing to spend up to $190 you should do some more research and not only limit yourself only to Grado, and now that you have access to paypal you have many more options.

 

Even if amazon.com doesn't want to ship a headphone to you in Brazil, I think you're safe using www.viaddress.com as the middle-man in the transaction, this even works from the Japanese www.amazon.co.jp with www.tenso.com as the middle-man.

 

If you like the WWII look perhaps you should check out Stax SR-404.... just kidding ;)

 

Really though you can do a lot better than the SR60i now if you're willing to spend up to $190.  Or you could just buy them now for $79 and be done with it, pretty good deal, I've heard them briefly and AFAIK they sounded nice/cool, I listened to a friends pair, however his pair broke so not sure about the build quality. :/

 

I think you should check out Fostex T50RP and Sony ZX700, AFAIK they are the kings of sound quality in cheaper headphones.

 

 

 



 

post #5795 of 29490


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post





AD700 is definitely not what I would call portable.  It's large, and quite loose - and also kind of goofy looking - oh and it leaks a lot as well.  For all that, it's still a great can.

 

Might pay to also list the kind of music you listen to and what your source is.  You'll then get better help.


thank you my second post ever just joined today so im new to this. i will power my headphones via my ipod or my phone and i listen to all kinds of music from opera to jazz to classical to pop to rock

 

post #5796 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

 

thank you my second post ever just joined today so im new to this. i will power my headphones via my ipod or my phone and i listen to all kinds of music from opera to jazz to classical to pop to rock

 


OK - now open or closed preferred.  With open you'll hear those around you, and some of the sound you're listening to will leak.  With closed you get reasonable isolation both to outside noise coming in and in respect to leaking noise from your cans.

 

From your genres - it doesn't look like you want anything too bassy.  Maybe look at the Shure SRH 440 as a good closed option?

post #5797 of 29490
I do some mixing, some monitoring, some bass guitar playing, and plenty of listening. I would like a headphone that can easily handle all of these things. Potability is a non-issue, as is the open- close-backed conflict. Noise spillage is not a concern, as I will be using them primarily inside. I want to keep around the $100 price point, paying less is not a concern as long as quality is conserved. I will be using the 2011 MacBook pro for mixing, and I don't know how good the sound card is on it, so I would also like to know if a headphone amp is necessary. I am new to audiophile listening. As a side note, is there anywhere that you can listen to some nice headphones in northern Virginia, just to find out how they compare?
post #5798 of 29490


 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post




Not really... the Q40 is bass sloped while the DT series are U-shaped in frequency response.

 



So ther isn't any others alternatives? Because I want the base in the Q40's.

 

Maybe i will buy the XB700.

 

Here is my first post if u need to look at it:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blabbet View Post

I need to buy new headphones.

Music genres: Mostly Dubstep but i also listen to alot of other genres.

Portable: No, only at the computer.

Price range:   0-150$

Amped: No,I  only use the integrated soundcard on my motherboard.

Closed/Open: Doesnt matter cuz i have almost no experience of headphones.

Headphone preference: Priceworth.

 

BR

Blabbet

post #5799 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

totaly irelevent but i kinda needf help........ i want something better then ms1 but less then 100 dollars im thinking about the ad700 but hnot sure about the sound leakage any others i should know btw i also want it to be portable


Senn PX200-ii

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemos View Post

Friend of mine needs to get some noise blocking headphones (even when they are off) because of loud room mates. Needs to be able to be driven by an ipod and a laptop, under $300 USD.

 

No preference in brands or anything.


Would he consider an iem? Those work much better for blocking noise.

 

For headphones with good isolation: Senn HD25-1-ii, B&W P5, Beyer DT770, Shure 840/940

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by brmattos View Post

I love my Denon D2000, but been hit by upgraditis. My budget is 1k.

I'm considering Denon's D7000 and Audeze's LCD2.

With witch one should I go?

I listen to hard rock, classical, jazz and bossa nova. All in Mp3 (320) and flac, in the computer through my Audio-GD Sparrow (WM8741).


I say go with the LCD2 just for something more different sounding.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronloughlin View Post

I do some mixing, some monitoring, some bass guitar playing, and plenty of listening. I would like a headphone that can easily handle all of these things. Potability is a non-issue, as is the open- close-backed conflict. Noise spillage is not a concern, as I will be using them primarily inside. I want to keep around the $100 price point, paying less is not a concern as long as quality is conserved. I will be using the 2011 MacBook pro for mixing, and I don't know how good the sound card is on it, so I would also like to know if a headphone amp is necessary. I am new to audiophile listening. As a side note, is there anywhere that you can listen to some nice headphones in northern Virginia, just to find out how they compare?


Sony V6/7506

Shure 440

 

Check out local music stores. They should have a good selection of headphones to choose from.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Blabbet View Post

So ther isn't any others alternatives? Because I want the base in the Q40's.

 

Maybe i will buy the XB700.

 

Here is my first post if u need to look at it:

 


The XB700 are generally well liked around here for their bass. Also look at Ultrasone HFI580.

 

post #5800 of 29490

I'm a fan of the aesthetics of Grado products. Open-air headphones, not so much. Is there anything that has a similar style, but one that wouldn't bother anyone else in the room?

post #5801 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post




OK - now open or closed preferred.  With open you'll hear those around you, and some of the sound you're listening to will leak.  With closed you get reasonable isolation both to outside noise coming in and in respect to leaking noise from your cans.

 

From your genres - it doesn't look like you want anything too bassy.  Maybe look at the Shure SRH 440 as a good closed option?


 

looks good i think id prefer closed. but the cable on the 440 is too long

post #5802 of 29490

Hello guys, I was wondering if you could help me select a new pair of headphones. I have used the JVC Marshmallow headphones all my life and finally decided to upgrade to over-the-head headphones.

 

My criteria for headphones goes like this

1) Value (My budget is about 70 dollars. If you have any better recommendations than the ones I have below, please say so)

2) Sound Quality (I mainly listen to alternative rock, jazz, and classical)

3) Comfort

4) Portability

5) Durability (Lasts at least 3 years?)

6) Fitting (My head is slightly big)

 

My standards aren't very high, as you can see. I would mainly be using these headphones at home for watching movies or going on youtube, listening to alternative rock, jazz, classical and I would occasionally use them outside.

 

The headphones I have in mind are:

1) Sony MDR - V6 (I've heard extremely good reviews for these. Any negatives? And why are these considered "Studio" headphones?)

2) Sony MDR - V600 (I hear these are inferior to the MDR - V6. Should I not even consider these?)

3) Sennheiser HD-515 (I know the Sennheiser company is known for producing good headphones, and these look really good but seem to have gotten bad reviews)

4) Sennheiser HD- 428 (again, looks good, seems to have gotten good reviews.  Do Sennheiser headphones close? How are these for portability?)

5) Sony MDR - XB500

 

I'd appreciate it if you could narrow down some choices for me, stating your preferences and dislikes. (Please don't use any in-depth terminology relating to specs and whatnot, I won't understand it!) Again, I'm coming from JVC Marshmallow headphones, so I don't have high standards. Thank you!

post #5803 of 29490

i forgot to tell u guys that i listen to pop most but i play classical piano......

post #5804 of 29490

Hi all,

 

I'm searching for new over-head headphones for my PC at home. I will listen to some music (rock, Drum'n'bass, pop) and watch movies. Don't want to buy an amplifier. Got around $100. The most important thing is comfort, they shouln't heat the ears. I want to use them for a couple of hours without my ears hurting after that. A cable should be around 2 meters, but that is not critical.

 

Thanks!

post #5805 of 29490

It may be worth looking at JBL's latest cans (Quicksilver's and Roxy's). They're super portable and really come alive after some burn-in. They're a little up on the bass curve, though.
http://www.jbl.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductList.aspx?SID=ONH
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post


 


thank you my second post ever just joined today so im new to this. i will power my headphones via my ipod or my phone and i listen to all kinds of music from opera to jazz to classical to pop to rock

 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum