I'm looking for a pair of proper headphones and amp/dac for college. I'm currently using the Koss Portapro so this is going to be my first "audiophile" headphone. Anyways, its gonna be used mainly for music.... I listen to mostly Trance, House, Electro, Glitch and Techno.
Here a couple samples of what I listen to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEkA0Z0tn0 Bart Claessen - Fantomah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_9z2o_7MFY Deniz Koyu - Hydra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a0fxr-4ilE Urban Astronauts vs. Jorn van Deynhoven - See the Halo
1) It has to be comfotable. I would prefer it if it was Closed Supra Aural. Something like the Beyerdynamic DT 1350. But, i'm willing to sacrifice a little comfort for superior audio quality.
2) Has to have nice punchy and tight bass. The sound of muddy/distorted bass annoys me
3) Has to be balanced sounding if you know what i mean.
4) Budget: $700 for both Headphone and Amp/DAC combo
5) Portablilty: Has to be portable but I'm willing to sacrifice it for audio quality.
I've done some research and narrowed them down my options.
1) Beyerdynamic DT 1350 - I had a go at a pair of these bad boys at my local audio store. They sounded GREAT! But I felt that it was a little lacking in the bass department which made it sound a little "uninspiring" and "flat". They're so comfortable the the build quality is phenomenal but I don't think they sound good with dance music
2) Ultrasones - Should I get the HFI or PRO Series? Any specific model to recommend? I read that EDM sounds great on Ultrasones
3) Sennheiser HD 25 I-II - They sounded too muddy for my liking. But they're a decent pair
4) AIAIAI TMA-1 - What do you guys thing of this pair? I've never tried it but I read that its suppose to have a nice clubby sound to it.
5) Amps/DAC - What's a good amp/dac combo? The store that I go to (Jaben in Singapore) recommends the Go Vibe Magnum. Are Go Vibe's any good? How about the iBasso D4? or Amps/DAC combo from Ray Samuels Audio?
Most of my music files are 320 kbps MP3s on iTunes. And I'll be using the set up for my iPod Touch and Laptop.
Do you guys have any pair of headphones or AMP/DAC combo to recommend?