Good Day experts, can anyone suggest a good set of cans for the following details? To be honest, I'm not an audiophile, I haven't owned a pair of decent headphones my entire life, only settling for Apple's stock earphones. I have wanted to buy a pair for almost a month now, but the only thing stopping me is too much time spent reading on forums. So please please, someone just seal the deal!
MUSIC GENRE I LISTEN TO:
- 50% House / Club / Dance / Trance - mostly Hed Kandi, Ministry of Sound etc.
- 30% Alternative / Rock - but not as far as Heavy Metal.
- 20% Everything Else - from pop/classical/to whatever is played today
PORTABLE: No need. Circumaural please.
PRICE RANGE: $90-less, separate budget from my amp.
AMPED: For now none, but I'm planning to get a FiiO E11
CLOSED / OPEN: Definitely CLOSED. Can't afford sound leakage (see where I'll use them).
WHERE I'LL USE THEM: Office, Coffee Shop, Home.
WHAT I USE TO PLAY MUSIC: Laptop (Lenovo Y450 if u must know), iPod Touch 4G
WHAT I'M EYEING AFTER READING STUFF:
- Sennheiser HD438 (originally HD448, but they say the bass is weaker than HD438)
- Audio Technica stuff, not sure yet though.
I would say the HFI-580 suits your genres well, though they're over your budget. If you willing to inject more, you won't regret it :)
If you don't, maybe the Audio Technica M50 for an all-rounder.