Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 7:59 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 343post #5131 of 294907/3/11 at 3:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5132 of 294907/3/11 at 5:03pm
hey guys, the hd 580 is basically hd 600 in a different housing rite? someone offered me his with a cardas silver cable for 230, do you think thats a good deal? sonically, what would the cable do to the hd 580 (which i know sounds pretty much the same as the hd600)post #5133 of 294907/3/11 at 6:49pm
Hey everyone, thinking of buying a pair of headphones (this will actually be my first) and I need some help deciding on what to get.
They'll be used primarily for gaming (PC, PS3, 360, PSP, and 3DS) and listening to podcasts/music (PC and iPhone) and will leave the house with me.
I'm not picky about brand or any of that I just want an all around good pair of headphones. My budget is $200.
Thanks for y'all's help!
Edit: Forgot to mention that I don't need a microphone. If it comes with a detachable one that's cool, if not that's cool too.
Edited by Setre - 7/3/11 at 6:52pmpost #5134 of 294907/3/11 at 8:21pmQuote:
If you're just getting started, don't start paying extra for cable upgrades and stuff. Stick to building a solid source/amp/headphone combo first.post #5135 of 294907/3/11 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by HiptotheJive
Hello Attractive People On This Site,
As you can probably already surmise from the thread, I'm taking my first stride towards audiophiledom and am looking to grab my first real set of cans :D
I listen to mainly Alt Rock, Indie, Jazz, and some old-school Funk, and my sources are currently my iPod and my laptop.
As far as sound goes, Im mainly looking for something that really complements the instrumentation and has a warm feel with less stress on crystal-clear vocals and any sets with really neutral sound are not my cup of tea :P so Ive been considering various models under $150 (Amazon is taking 30% off people's bills for the 4th of July) :
- Grado SR60i
- Creative Aurvana Live!
- Shure SRH440
- AKG K240
- anything Koss (Iifetime warranty means quality bang for buck and durability)
- AKG K430
I need your advice ASAP since the sale only lasts so long :) and any other cans that should be of interest to me?
post #5136 of 294907/3/11 at 8:30pm
Hey guys, I don't know anything about headphones so bear with me. I bought a pair of beats in march 2010 and they broke today. Any recommendations for good headphones under $400? I listen to Alt Rock, Hip-Hop, Techno, R'n'B and Indie. I'll mainly be listening to music from my iPhone 4. Any help is appreciated.post #5137 of 294907/3/11 at 8:42pmQuote:
Well my setup is an entry level marantz cd player > Hifiman EF5 > Hifiman HE-5 (Black Dragon cable).. I also have an AD1000PRM and ill probably pickup an audio-gd DAC soon.. i jus want something a bit different with the sound sig :)post #5138 of 294907/3/11 at 9:10pm
I am considering getting the Beyer DT660's. Seems to be a closed, budget and full-sized Beyer. Pity I can't find conclusive impressions of it. Has anyone heard of it? And are Beyer's cheaper in their home country - I may get a relative who is going to Germany to get them for me. The DT770's and above are out of my price range. I can't really stand too much bass quantity - always found myself very sensitive to it. Can anyone comment on the sound signature, and if they have a large genre bandwidth? From what I've read, it sounds like a closed Grado that is more neutral and more bass quantity, with a larger soundstage. They seem to be rarely discussed here in favour of the 770, 880, 990 and the Tesla's. Oh, and the build quality if possible.
Otherwise, I'll just get the MDR-ZX700 - the Innerfidelity review has just about convinced me to get it retail, particularly because of the palatable pricetag.
Thanks!post #5139 of 294907/3/11 at 9:16pm
Hey guys, looking for some help regarding a headphones purchase...
i need some headphones (preferably non the inner ear ones) for use 99% of the time on an IPOD, mainly hiphop and reggae.
my budget is 100-300 dollars (yep im poor)...
previously i have been very impressed with grado sr60s many years back, and have some sennheiser hd 555 now but they are too clunky to carry around to uni etc.
what can you guys recommend? had a quick look through the forums seems u guys like the more high end stuff, but i bow to your superior knowledge and ask if perhaps you could enlighten me on the cheaper options that arent too big and sound good!
thanks alotpost #5140 of 294907/3/11 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dissonant
I am considering getting the Beyer DT660's. Seems to be a closed, budget and full-sized Beyer. Pity I can't find conclusive impressions of it. Has anyone heard of it? And are Beyer's cheaper in their home country - I may get a relative who is going to Germany to get them for me. The DT770's and above are out of my price range. I can't really stand too much bass quantity - always found myself very sensitive to it. Can anyone comment on the sound signature, and if they have a large genre bandwidth? From what I've read, it sounds like a closed Grado that is more neutral and more bass quantity, with a larger soundstage. They seem to be rarely discussed here in favour of the 770, 880, 990 and the Tesla's. Oh, and the build quality if possible.post #5141 of 294907/3/11 at 9:24pmpost #5142 of 294907/3/11 at 9:31pm
Thanks so much! Well, they look more appealing now. Though, my musical tastes are pretty wide, so I am not sure if I can tolerate the emphasized treble, especially if I am listening to brighter stuff like JPop. Nevertheless, I do not think the lack of bass will irritate me. I found even the pretty neutral SRH440's to have too much bass on some recordings, so it's all good. I guess I'll first audititon what is easier to obtain (MDR-ZX700) first, then proceed to get the Beyer's if I am unimpressed. One final question: Can anybody from Germany confirm if cans made there or from brands based there are cheaper. Thanks again!Quote:post #5143 of 294907/3/11 at 9:37pmHi guys, I'm a newbie around here... and I'd like some advice of you guys. A few months ago I discovered I'm an audiophile... (or a wannabe LOL), and I'm currently looking for some good closed headphones. My budget is 100~120. So long, browsing and comparing lots of headphones I've reduced my options to this:Audiotechnica M50SSennheiser 280 PROShure SRH840Sennheiser HD448I currently own a pair of HD202's Sennheisers. I remember the first time I used them, I was upgrading from a pair of supraaural Sennheisers HD218 (yeah, I'm kinda loving the brand LOL), and the difference was great for me, I discovered I love good bass (not as much to get dre's beats or sony xbs).I use them mainly in my portable MP3 player (a samsung T10), also in my laptop and desktop PC outputs. I listen all kinds of music (latin, rock, metal, electronic, rap, classical, etc). Anyways, the characteristics I'm looking for are:- Sound isolation (both it and out, specially out) since I use them mainly at my university's classrooms, library and public transport.- Good bass (at least equal to HD202's)- A comfortable fit (The main reason I wanna change my HD202's is that its not totally circumaural and I get a little ear sore after wearing them for a couple hours)- PortabilityAnd of course, better overall sound quality.I hope you guys own/know some of these headphones so you can help me out and make a good choice, thanks in advance!post #5144 of 294907/3/11 at 11:06pm
They're pretty much the same, apart from some minor differences. Silver cables reportedly increase the treble a bit.
Quote:post #5145 of 294907/4/11 at 7:01am
Good Day experts, can anyone suggest a good set of cans for the following details? To be honest, I'm not an audiophile, I haven't owned a pair of decent headphones my entire life, only settling for Apple's stock earphones. I have wanted to buy a pair for almost a month now, but the only thing stopping me is too much time spent reading on forums. So please please, someone just seal the deal!
MUSIC GENRE I LISTEN TO:
- 50% House / Club / Dance / Trance - mostly Hed Kandi, Ministry of Sound etc.
- 30% Alternative / Rock - but not as far as Heavy Metal.
- 20% Everything Else - from pop/classical/to whatever is played today
PORTABLE: No need. Circumaural please.
PRICE RANGE: $90-less, separate budget from my amp.
AMPED: For now none, but I'm planning to get a FiiO E11
CLOSED / OPEN: Definitely CLOSED. Can't afford sound leakage (see where I'll use them).
WHERE I'LL USE THEM: Office, Coffee Shop, Home.
WHAT I USE TO PLAY MUSIC: Laptop (Lenovo Y450 if u must know), iPod Touch 4G
WHAT I'M EYEING AFTER READING STUFF:
- Sennheiser HD438 (originally HD448, but they say the bass is weaker than HD438)
- Audio Technica stuff, not sure yet though.
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 20 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 50 seconds ago
- › What would you say are the absolute best gaming headphones you have... 51 seconds ago
- › PSB M4U 2 55 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear