First Post, New User and all that.
I need new headphones!
I have had my Sennheiser 280 Pros for the past.... 9-10? or so years and they have been great! I love them! BUT!
I have worn them out. I have replaced the ear cushions, and after a few years the headband plastic started to crack, and a couple months ago the headband metal broke in half!
I have rigged them up with a nail bent over holding them together so they are still usable but I want to replace them.
I have been reading up on the forums for the past couple hours or so looking for a good replacement.
First off my birthday was a couple days ago and I got $200 in Amazon gift cards! (yay)
I am willing to put $100 on top of that so my price max is $300
So I would like to choose from the selection of headphones available from Amazon.
I currently have tabs open for:
AKG K272 HD
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 770
Audio Technica ATH-A900
One thing you may notice is all (I think) of these are Closed and Over Ear headphones.
Those two stipulations are very important to me. I am in a room with loud things like a window AC unit and computers.
Over the ear is for my comfort.. I have a hard time with on the ear headphones.
Honestly I am not as worried about sound quality as I am build quality.
I would like these headphones to last for the next 10-15 years, with drops, knocks and other manhandling being a nearly daily occurrence.
My listening habits are, almost everything but country and rap, but mostly Rock, Classical, Jazz, Techno (ha), Electronica (ha ha)
90% of the time they will be plugged into my Kenwood receiver, which is plugged into my PC. The other 10% of the time they will be plugged into my phone.
I am leaning towards the Sennheisers since I have enjoyed my 280Pros so much, but I am worried about their build quality... because of the 280pros. Also I think I am one of the weird people who like the curly cord of the Sennheisers.
I like the look of the AKG's but I cannot really tell a difference between the 272's and the 271s?
.... I know this is getting a bit long by now, sorry
I am also looking at earbuds (IEM's?) But I find it difficult spending that kind of money on something so small/fragile/loose-able?
Need new headphones since my reliable Sennheiser 280Pros broke
Up to $300 from Amazon only
Closed and over the ear only
Durability is number 1 important, sound quality is 2nd, comfort is 3rd.
If you got this far, thanks for reading!
Thanks in advance for any replying posts!
since you're considering IEMs, SQ wise nothing in that price range will come even close to the Westone 3 ($340). they have a U-shaped sound which is great for rock and electronic. they won't last 15 years tho lol!