or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 266  

post #3976 of 29490

i'm almost about to pull the trigger on the denon d2000 and fiio e7 combo + L3 cord . Just waiting for the price to drop . $1 off, WOW !! really amazon ? Cheapest is $260 on buy.com but i know it will drop further as summer approaches, i hope. i can wait a bit

anyway, this is after tons & tons of research and searches here. I'm only worried about the fiio choice and can spend upto $200 on a portable amp and for my type of use, thats the only type i can see using. I was thinking of ibasso but according to some reviews, it doesnt pair well with the denons. most suggestions point to e7+E9 but thats a desktop solution. Source is laptop and ipod.

Most portable amp reviews are also before FIIO hit the scene and changed the whole market i think, at least in the price/performance sector.

So, any suggestions for a portable amp in the $200 region would be very welcome. i'm in a real bind here.

post #3977 of 29490

I'm considering a complete revamp of my inventory. I would like a closed full size headphone that is fun and "crisp"(for lack of a better term). I listed to rock, heavy rock most of the time... and I'm not a basshead. I can sell whatever is in my profile to raise the appropriate funds, but figure my budget for the cans only is around $750... keep in mind the amps that I currently own vs what I could buy if I sold them as well.

 

Denon D5000?

 

Thanks for the help

post #3978 of 29490

D7000 at that budget. You can get them used for under $750, and probably haggle J&R down to $750 new.

 

I haven't compared the D5k and the D7k myself, but I've heard the bass can get out of control with the 5000. I'd be careful with anything in the line though if you're not a basshead. They're amazing headphones, but they are bass monsters.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkr View Post

I'm considering a complete revamp of my inventory. I would like a closed full size headphone that is fun and "crisp"(for lack of a better term). I listed to rock, heavy rock most of the time... and I'm not a basshead. I can sell whatever is in my profile to raise the appropriate funds, but figure my budget for the cans only is around $750... keep in mind the amps that I currently own vs what I could buy if I sold them as well.

 

Denon D5000?

 

Thanks for the help



 

 

post #3979 of 29490

JR Music will sell them for 649.00 shipped I bought then twice from them at that price New

post #3980 of 29490

I haven't heard of them going that low lately but wow, lucky you. lol
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

JR Music will sell them for 649.00 shipped I bought then twice from them at that price New



 

 

post #3981 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

D7000 at that budget. You can get them used for under $750, and probably haggle J&R down to $750 new.

 

I haven't compared the D5k and the D7k myself, but I've heard the bass can get out of control with the 5000. I'd be careful with anything in the line though if you're not a basshead. They're amazing headphones, but they are bass monsters.
 

Thanks for the reply, I read your review on the D7000, and am a bit worried about the overabundance of bass... any other suggestions?

 

 



 

post #3982 of 29490

Thanks for the reply MorbidToaster, I read your review on the D7000 and am  bit concerned about the overabundance of bass... any other suggestions?

post #3983 of 29490

anyone helpregular_smile%20.gif

post #3984 of 29490

 

i decide to get a headphone.

i used to listen to rap and hip-hop music.

i look thru the forum, and i found some headphone that might be good for rap and hip-hop.

i like it to have more bass and the sound quality are good. Also their noise cancellation quality.

 

phiaton ms400

v-moda crossfade

shure 750dj

ultrasone dj1 pro

bose qc15

 

Or do any one have other advise?

post #3985 of 29490

I'd add the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II to your list. Amazing isolation, great bass and overall SQ.

 

As for those, I'd probably take the Phiaton MS 400. Decent all rounder with really nice bass and okay isolation. I want to recommend the DJ1 Pro, but I haven't heard it myself (though I want to).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy1314 View Post

 

 

 

i decide to get a headphone.

i used to listen to rap and hip-hop music.

i look thru the forum, and i found some headphone that might be good for rap and hip-hop.

i like it to have more bass and the sound quality are good. Also their noise cancellation quality.

 

phiaton ms400

v-moda crossfade

shure 750dj

ultrasone dj1 pro

bose qc15

 

Or do any one have other advise?



 

 

post #3986 of 29490


Is the v-moda crossfade good. Good noise isolation?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I'd add the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II to your list. Amazing isolation, great bass and overall SQ.

 

As for those, I'd probably take the Phiaton MS 400. Decent all rounder with really nice bass and okay isolation. I want to recommend the DJ1 Pro, but I haven't heard it myself (though I want to).
 

 

 

 

i decide to get a headphone.

i used to listen to rap and hip-hop music.

i look thru the forum, and i found some headphone that might be good for rap and hip-hop.

i like it to have more bass and the sound quality are good. Also their noise cancellation quality.

 

phiaton ms400

v-moda crossfade

shure 750dj

ultrasone dj1 pro

bose qc15

 

Or do any one have other advise?



 

 



 

post #3987 of 29490

I'd say about the same isolation as the MS 400. The Crossfades are okay headphones...but there's much better options in the same price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy1314 View Post


Is the v-moda crossfade good. Good noise isolation?

 

post #3988 of 29490


they are cheaper than MS400

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I'd say about the same isolation as the MS 400. The Crossfades are okay headphones...but there's much better options in the same price range.

 

 

 



 

post #3989 of 29490


You didn't specify a budget, and listed the MS 400 as a pair you were considering. The extra money for the MS 400 is well worth it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy1314 View Post


they are cheaper than MS400

 

 

 



 



 

 

post #3990 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post

Hi everbody,

 

I'm quite new in this world of expensive headphones :)

 

I'm actually considering buying a new headphones (for home) for <1000$. One thing is sure that my portable headphone will be the Ultrasone 780.

 

I mostly listen to rock music (post-rock band like Explosions in the Sky, This will destroy You, Mono, Caspian...), metal music (mostly sludge metal like Baroness, Cult of Luna, Rosetta, Kylesa...), some electro-ambient (Boards of Canada, Dextro, Helios...) and Orchestral music (OST from games, films...).

So that's a lot of kinds of music style that cover all the spectra for a headphones.

I like when there is bass (but not too overpowered though), and when mids and highs are clear. So I made an extended search over the internet and on this forum to find what headphones could satisfy my ears. So far, this is my selection :

- Denon D5000/D7000

- Hifiman HE5/HE5-LE/HE6

- ATH-W1000X

- Grado GS1000

 

D5000 and D7000 are my top choice for the moment (depending on my bank account :)), but I'm not sure of the perfect headphones for me.

 

Thanks for you advices and/or recommandations !


The D5000 is a solid headphone with nice deep bass and plays well across most genres. Then spend the extra few bucks for the jmoney leather earpads. Or you could get the HE4/EF5 combo from Head-Direct, and have enough leftover for a dac.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkieMark View Post

I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice on what headset to get.
I have read way too many reviews the past few days and am really lost now.

- budget max $250 (I live in the Netherlands, roughly translates to €250)
- open or closed full size headphones
- will be used with iPad, iPhone and sometimes iMac
- I listen mostly to electronic (techno, trance, etc) and rap music

I'm looking for low tight punchy bass but well rounded and a fresh sound. But not overly clean, I'm not an audiophile smily_headphones1.gif
The Sennheiser HD598 is on the top op my list right now.
 

 

If you're not listening at high volumes, the HD598 should be fine out of an ipod. I would recommend getting a small portable amp though. Still, I wouldn't go with the 5xx series for electronic and would rather stick to a closed headphone like the Senn HD25-1-ii or an Ultrasone.
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Second2Last33 View Post

 

Hello all! This is my first post and since I did not see an introduction board I thought I would jump right in! Firstly I would like to say I love your forums, incredibly informative and full very passionate audiophiles from what I can tell. I am new to the world of audio and am out to learn as much as I can. I've exhausted the search function and read a lot of similar and relevant threads however they don't fit my exact purpose or are outdated.

 

Now on to my post...I am an avid gamer currently studying game programming. So visual quality is very important to me, and in my experience most gamers seem to just go for visuals and neglect the sound aspect of gaming. Well audio quality is extremely important to me for a total gaming experience, I also must have a quality music experience. I mainly listen to hip-hop, techno/electric. I love trance and really bass intensive music. I have a gaming laptop but like most laptops the audio is lacking, I'm considering a USB sound card. My laptop has an integrated microphone so I am just looking for a nice pair of headphones. I will also be using them with my iPod wherever I go, so style is important, granted it's the least important but still a factor! My budget for this is 0-400$.

 

 

To sum up the key points, I am looking for a nice pair of headphones and possibly accessories like an amp or USB soundcard for:

 

 

Gaming:

Positional awareness

Realistic sound

 

Music:

Rich bass

Great for techno/hip-hop/electric

 

Style:

Just nothing goofy looking!

 

 

As of now I am considering Ultrasone Pro 650's unless someone has better recommendations.


 

Check the first post of this thread for a link to a gaming headphones review. Something to be aware of though, big bass and gaming do not mix well. Heavy bass tends to bleed into the mids and obscures details, particularly directional ones, which obviously isn't what you want for gaming.

 

Depending how competitive you are, you might consider separate headphones for gaming and music listening.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles119 View Post


Shall I burn them in? What MP3 file is best to use for burning

Will post again when have any results using them.

 

I say don't bother with burn-in and just enjoy your headphones from the get-go.
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by rrocketss View Post

Hey!

 

I've been looking for great < $60 headphones and What.CD sent me here. I'd pay more, but my parents think that if I buy an expensive pair they could get destroyed by my rabid sisters or my dog and it would be devastating to replace them, haha. Specifically, I'm looking for:

 

Price Range: $0-$60 (not much more, please)

Genres: Jazz, hip-hop, classical, indie rock

Type: Circumaural

Audio Filetypes: FLAC and V0

Audio Sorce: My Hard Drive, and occasionally my iPhone

Durability: Not required - don't plan on taking these out of the house too much

Headphones I've been considering: Sennheiser HD 515's, 428's, and KOSS Pro3aa

 

Please let me know what you think of the can's I'm considering - which you'd recommend. I really want to be able to hear that extra something in my FLACs. :)


The Senns are solid performers, choose depending if you want open or closed (I'd prefer open).

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by indy1314 View Post

i decide to get a headphone.

i used to listen to rap and hip-hop music.

i look thru the forum, and i found some headphone that might be good for rap and hip-hop.

i like it to have more bass and the sound quality are good. Also their noise cancellation quality.

 

phiaton ms400

v-moda crossfade

shure 750dj

ultrasone dj1 pro

bose qc15

 

Or do any one have other advise?

 

 

 

I'd say one of the following:
Phiaton MS400 - great mids and midbass, flashy looks

Shure 750DJ - large, big bass and highs, good isolation

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum