Going to move my previous forum post to this thread, seems like this is the appropriate place for my question, anyway...
Just discovered this fantastic site a few days ago, and have been browsing through the pages looking for advice on headphones but I am getting a bit overwhelmed to be honest.
I am looking for buying advice for a good pair of headphones and possibly an amp to power them. Here is my usage pattern:
- They will primarily be connected to my Dell laptop
- I will use them for listening to music (everything from trance, rock to pop)
- I watch TV shows and movies form my computer a lot as well
- I will use them for many hours at the time, so they have to be comfortable and not make my ears sweat (my old Denon closed headphones had a tendency to do that)
- I will primarily use them at home, but could bring them to school/elsewhere as well if they don't annoy other people nearby
Since the build in sound card in my laptop is not stellar, I would not mind paying for a good usb dac amp, if the general consensus is that they are needed.
My price range is $200-$300, maybe a bit more if needed.
I have been looking at the Sennheiser HD 598 with the FIIO E7 USB DAC, but I am especially not sure about the FIIO E7 since portability is not super important to me, so maybe there are better options.
Any advice is much appreciated, thanks, Egil.
Edited by egil - 5/8/11 at 3:33pm