- 360 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Germantown, MD, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review... Last post on Today at 8:07 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) Last post on 2/17/15 at 8:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1834post #27496 of 294914/18/13 at 4:22pmGive the M-100s a try
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #27497 of 294914/18/13 at 5:23pmpost #27498 of 294914/18/13 at 5:27pmpost #27499 of 294914/18/13 at 7:07pm
e12? Though since it's the k240's, i'd save the money for something down the line.Quote:
right on battlefield sheep.post #27500 of 294914/18/13 at 7:30pmQuote:BumpOriginally Posted by Mr Pineappleman
Aye, Don't know if I get or answer or not but I sure hope I do.
Birthday is coming up, and I've decided to finally buy a good pair of headphones that will hopefully run better than my Beats Studio. I mainly listen to electronic music like:
Dubstep; Omnitica, Pegboard Nerds, Getter, Knife Party, Kdrew, Nero, Porter Robinson, Zedd, Tristam, Major Lazer, Tut Tut Child, Ephixa, etc.
Chillstep: Kill Paris, MiTiS, MrSuicideSheep(Youtube channel I use for music)
Trance/House/Techno; Tiesto, ATB, Daft Punk, Kascade, and Monstercat.
Basically all types of EDM. I do sometimes listen to other genres like Gorillaz, Band Of Horses, Avenged Sevenfold, and so forth.
I'm mainly stuck between 2 pairs of cans that right now have the same price. With the purchase, I will be also getting the Digizoid ZO2 to make sure my bass isn't uncontrolled and is satisfied.
V-Moda M-100 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A39PPDK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=16VM28CEGTEVWK84JKHG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846
Ultrasone Pro 900 http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/dp/B001F00F0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366150610&sr=8-1&keywords=Ultrasone+pro+900%5C
Please don't recommend other pairs of headphones unless you truly think it can beat these 2 headphones in the same price range. (200-300$)
Being nearly worth 600$, the Ultrasones are on sale for about 295$ at the moment, while the V-Modas are the same price. I was almost certain that I was going to get the Pros, but after reading many many reviews, I see that the bass is absolutely incredible, but the mids are not there and the quality sound is not so good. With the V-Modas, I've have not heard many negative comments at all! This makes me very nervous about the Ultrasones, and curisosity has hit me. Will the V-Modas be a better choice for sound quality and bass? Or do the Ultrasones beat the V-Modas with quality and bass? Really hope I can get some answers soon, birthday isn't too far away.
-Mr Pineapplemanpost #27501 of 294914/18/13 at 7:42pmAnybody seen these?
Edited by -xX-Mew-Xx- - 4/18/13 at 7:45pmpost #27502 of 294914/18/13 at 8:16pmpost #27503 of 294914/18/13 at 8:33pmpost #27504 of 294914/18/13 at 8:43pm
Given that they have similar impedance, the AKGs may sound better even without an amp; but will likely sound much better than the Sonys with one.
Laptop sound isn't going to be the best, though. If you can get your hands on one, consider something like the Xonar U3.post #27505 of 294914/18/13 at 9:21pmQuote:
Thank you.post #27506 of 294914/18/13 at 9:26pmpost #27507 of 294914/18/13 at 9:30pm
I just bought some ath m50s.
highs are slightly too harsh. (cymbals are a bit rough on the ears and take away from the creamy mids)
Mids are pretty good but could be a bit better (bass seems to slop into them)
Bass is nice but a bit uncontrolled (bleeds and is more of a RUMBLE... I like a bit more PUNCH)
Comfort: Satisfactory. Actually pretty good.
Build quality: seems solid
Style: not too bad.
Noise isolation: Great
I got them for 107. 117 with tax
Is there a headset that is maybe 150ish or less that covers these modifications:
Highs: just as clear, but less harsh on the ears
Mids: More pronounced
Lows: Nearly as powerful with more control
I do not want too much sacrifice in the comfort or noise isolation department because I wear glasses and I need the isolation (NOT CANCELLATION)
Style and build quality are fine.
Prefer closed, not open.post #27508 of 294914/18/13 at 11:56pmQuote:
Funky in what way? I have an E17/E9k combo. Is that good enough for any of those?post #27509 of 294914/19/13 at 12:30amQuote:Originally Posted by dunndealQuote:
Funky in what way? I have an E17/E9k combo. Is that good enough for any of those?
The mids are not neutral and sound just a tad unnatural.
Can't help with your Fiio question.post #27510 of 294914/19/13 at 12:37amQuote:Originally Posted by BigCabDaddy
Was hoping that HE400 would be my "end game" for awhile anyway, but it's beginning to look like it may not work out. Still not giving up totally but beginning to think ahead and looking around. Here are my beefs with the HE400:
Never was down with the aesthetic. The blue just doesn't do it for me. Yet I do like the looks of HD598 and AD700 so funky ain't the problem.
Sound is too inconsistent for me. (Is that what people mean by "revealing?") One recording I think they sound great, the next, terrible.
In general, I'd say I like vocals more forward though like I say, that varies song by song.
Not a huge fan of the highs. Yes, sibilance comes into play sometimes, but more it's that they don't seem very "open" for open headphones. In this sense, I like the top end of AD700 more.
They aren't tremendously comfortable for me. Not bad, but again, I prefer my AD700 or even on ear ESW9.
Here are some that I'm considering:
AD900x - these may be the leader in the clubhouse for me, but largely because of form factor. Not sure the sound signature goes where I want.
HD600/650 - little concerned about fit here since I'm not liking the fit of HD598. Not a big fan of the look either.
DT880 - been a long time curiosity for me
LCD2/HE500 - these were what I wanted prior to settling on the HE400 but it seemed like I didn't have enough amp for them and didn't want to set off a whole new round of electronics upgrades to accommodate my headphones.
Anything I'm missing here or am off base on? There was a Shure going used for awhile that I considered before getting the HE400 but forget the model# on them. And yes, I would consider same tier trades. That or I might just admit that for now I'm just a mid-fi kind of guy.
Have to agree, based on your preferences & problems mentioned above, the AD900X may be the can for you.
You might also like the Shure SRH 1840, but at its usual (high) price it is not a front runner.
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 26 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 42 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 57 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2