Hello guys! I am just planning to buy a new pair of headphones and I'm using ATH M50 at the moment.
Below are my details:
- My budget is = $300 - $400
- I prefer OPEN and Over the Ear cans.
- I am going to use this basically for my PC most of the time.
- I have an Asus Xonar STX.
- I'll be using this for 50% gaming and 50% music.
- I prefer the type of headphones which is an "all around" type of cans as I listen to many genres of music. I am not really an audiophile but I really do notice the difference when I use my ATH M50 and other headphones. The sound that my M50 produces is really good or pleasant to my ears.
What I'm interested at the moment is Beyerdynamic DT880 and comparing it with Sennheisser HD598. Hope to hear more suggestion from you guys!
I don't know your sound card and will assume it does not have an amp feature. If that is true, the HD 598 is your better choice, especially since gaming will be 50% of your use. Even with the 598 you may have to pick up an amp to get the best from it.
The AD900 and AD900X are more efficient than the HD 598 and are worth a look/listen too.
Edited by KG Jag - 4/9/13 at 9:58am