Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... - Page 1706  

post #25576 of 29491

some people would recommend one thing for everything every single time, you know like people with their rockbox clip, or rockbox rather vocal fanbase in general , m50 fans and owners and so on

post #25577 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredj10 View Post

Looking for an alternative to the HE-400 that sounds similar or better to the HE-400. (Due to the HE-400 issues of channel imbalance, broken drivers, etc.)
Spending at max 600$

Considering an AKG K701 65th, HE-500, or a HE-400.
Just yesterday I read a review that compares the LFF Paradox (a modded fostex t50rp) favorably to to audeze LCD3. I cant help but think he might be exaggerating just a little. However, that's good company to be in. Other mod include MrSpeakers MadDogs and Smeggy's Thunder pants (custom wood cups)
post #25578 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Wouldn't a Grado SR125i be a better choice for rock music over the rather bassy M50's?

Yep, definitely. The grados are much more balanced and more natural sounding than the M50, making them better for genres such as classical, rock, jazz, etc. The M50 imo are only good for bassy genres, especially hip hop. They sound odd for anything else.

post #25579 of 29491
So I cheaped out and only got monoprice 8323 headphones. Terrible decision ugh
post #25580 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew7 View Post

So I cheaped out and only got monoprice 8323 headphones. Terrible decision ugh

That's actually not a terrible decision! The 8323s are actually awesome headphones for the money.

post #25581 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

That's actually not a terrible decision! The 8323s are actually awesome headphones for the money.
Yea so I had read. But they sound too muddy, I expected better. Guess its time to get a real pair.
post #25582 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew7 View Post


Yea so I had read. But they sound too muddy, I expected better. Guess its time to get a real pair.

Well, what I would do is stay with the 8323s until you get something you REALLY like. 

post #25583 of 29491
What's the best place to try on headphones in person?
post #25584 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew7 View Post

What's the best place to try on headphones in person?

At your local audio store.

post #25585 of 29491
I need some recommendations on headphones in the <$70 range I listen mainly to Rock, metal, classical, and instrumental music. I might use them for a little bit of audio mixing or gaming so maybe a decent soundstage would be nice. I like a good flat response. I really liked my JVC flats because of that kind of sound. Portability might factor into this since I'll probably be wearing them everyday. I have been looking at JVC HARX700, Monoprice 8323, Beyerdynamic DT235, and the Koss Pro DJ 100.
post #25586 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tonberry View Post

I need some recommendations on headphones in the <$70 range I listen mainly to Rock, metal, classical, and instrumental music. I might use them for a little bit of audio mixing or gaming so maybe a decent soundstage would be nice. I like a good flat response. I really liked my JVC flats because of that kind of sound. Portability might factor into this since I'll probably be wearing them everyday. I have been looking at JVC HARX700, Monoprice 8323, Beyerdynamic DT235, and the Koss Pro DJ 100.

 

like opens? MS1 Grados are good ones for those music genres :)

post #25587 of 29491

Hello Head-fi. I'm looking to buy some new headphones, but I'm not sure what some good options are. I'm looking to spend under 100. I listen to indie and alternative rock, so I like to hear acoustic and vocals, but I still like bass. So basically, I don't want an overpowering bass. I would like some that are somewhat stylish, though honestly I'll take sound quality over style any day.

 

Thanks,

 

jakewilson1

post #25588 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew7 View Post

What's the best place to try on headphones in person?


Nothing like a Head-Fi meet like the one we had in Austin yesterday.  It's a day at the candy store.

post #25589 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tonberry View Post

I need some recommendations on headphones in the <$70 range I listen mainly to Rock, metal, classical, and instrumental music. I might use them for a little bit of audio mixing or gaming so maybe a decent soundstage would be nice. I like a good flat response. I really liked my JVC flats because of that kind of sound. Portability might factor into this since I'll probably be wearing them everyday. I have been looking at JVC HARX700, Monoprice 8323, Beyerdynamic DT235, and the Koss Pro DJ 100.


Up your budget $10 and get the CAL!, which does not need an amp.  The Koss very likely will, depending on exactly what you have that is driving it and what volume you want to achieve.

post #25590 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew7 View Post

So I cheaped out and only got monoprice 8323 headphones. Terrible decision ugh


They are good for crappy headphones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum