or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1592  

post #23866 of 29490
So if leakage isn't a major concern, decent isolation is wanted, around 300 what are other choices besides the aforementioned shures?
post #23867 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyPlayer View Post

So if leakage isn't a major concern, decent isolation is wanted, around 300 what are other choices besides the aforementioned shures?


You might want to consider the Sennheiser Momentum or on ear Senn Amperior and Beyer DT 1350.

post #23868 of 29490

I humbly submit a question:

 

I currently have the following headphones/headphone-like devices:

 

 - Senny HD 419

 -           HD 202

 -           PX 100

 - Monoprice 8320

 

I am looking for some closed, over ear headphones that will sound better (holistically) than my HD419s and PX100s.

I am shooting for less than $80, but my ideal target is $50.  So far I'm thinking about takstar and superlux, but I'm open to suggestions.

 

A 'fun' pair would be ideal - I mostly listen to EDM, trance, 80s gansta rap, and jazz.  Not for gaming.

 

Thanks!

 

[So basically closed, over ear, 50 wingwangs, maximum value]


Edited by fouronenine - 1/24/13 at 2:17pm
post #23869 of 29490

I find my HD558's have a small soundstage. Are there other cans in it's price range with a bigger soundstage? 

 

Genre is rock and electronic, and hd558's have plenty of bass.

post #23870 of 29490

Hey Guys Completely new to the community,

 

I really wanted to get Beyedynamics DT880 600Ohm when they wer at 250$ on amazon but later on they went up to 350;((. Basically I thought that I didnt really want any other headphones than the DT880 and the only ones that fancied me were the HIFIMAN HE400 which cost 400$. When I wanted to get the DT880 I was going for a Schiit Mangi/Modi combo, would this be a good combo for the HE's 400? I really like the look and feel and the fact that they are planar of the HIFIMAN's.

post #23871 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

I find my HD558's have a small soundstage. Are there other cans in it's price range with a bigger soundstage? 

 

Genre is rock and electronic, and hd558's have plenty of bass.


The short answer is yes.

 

Do you plan to use an amp?

 

Regardless of your answer, the easy to drive Audio Technica ATH-AD900 is a good place to start.

post #23872 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


The short answer is yes.

 

Do you plan to use an amp?

 

Regardless of your answer, the easy to drive Audio Technica ATH-AD900 is a good place to start.

If I plan to use an amp, what other choices? 

post #23873 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

     Hey guys, looking for new phones for the other half. Shes an audio lover and wants to bump up from her SR-60s. Budgets 400-1000$ USD, looking for something like the denon esque sound signature, fun, able to pump bass, and good highs and mids as well. Looking for closed preferably, doesnt need to be sound proof but hopefully not where everyone in the house hears her while she hears them.

 

 

Hey guys gunna bump this right quick. Im just looking for a reccomendation now for something thats quite similar to the Denon line, but with more isolation. Im open to non wooden looking ones now simply because the list of phones matching her picky criteria is getting smaller by the day.  

 

So to rephrase the needs/wants: Still $400-1000

  • Fun and enjoyable sound with some lower end power
  • Comfortable but need better than denon isolation

 

Ive already taken a good look at the Denons(needs more isolation), and have heard Audio Technica is too neutral for the preferences. Any thoughts guys? 

post #23874 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


The short answer is yes.

 

Do you plan to use an amp?

 

Regardless of your answer, the easy to drive Audio Technica ATH-AD900 is a good place to start.

If I plan to use an amp, what other choices? 


AKG Q701.

post #23875 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzAlmoN View Post

Hey Guys Completely new to the community,

 

I really wanted to get Beyedynamics DT880 600Ohm when they wer at 250$ on amazon but later on they went up to 350;((. Basically I thought that I didnt really want any other headphones than the DT880 and the only ones that fancied me were the HIFIMAN HE400 which cost 400$. When I wanted to get the DT880 I was going for a Schiit Mangi/Modi combo, would this be a good combo for the HE's 400? I really like the look and feel and the fact that they are planar of the HIFIMAN's.


You will probably get more and better answers to your question in the Headphone Amps section of the forum.  The Mangi & Modi are new, so many have not yet heard them.  Even fewer have paired them with the HE 400.  Those that have are most likely found in that other forum section or on the HE 400 appreciation thread (if there is one).

post #23876 of 29490

Hello everyone. So I've been doing my research (as best as I could at least lol) and I'm torn between 2 different headsets.

 

Keep in mind, they will be plugged into a xonar essence STX, and they will be used for gaming 80% / music 20%.

 

Also just to give you an idea of the genres I enjoy.

 

Gaming: mostly FPS such as counter strike source/CoD/battlefield3... yes I like to sound whore it up in these...

 

Music: I listen to A LOT of stuff but 75% of it is electronic based. Some good examples would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSM_ir1nPrY as well as anything from the album "dive" by Tycho.

 

I HARDLY!!! If at all, listen to anything SUPER agressive or with a huge bass drop for example metal or dirty dubstep.

 

As for the headphones I'm looking at. the Sennheiser HD 598 and the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro (250 omh)

 

also I've already looked at mad lusts guide in case anyone was going to link that.

 

The reason I've chosen these 2 is because at the time of typing this, they are both below 210$. Which is my limit.

 

P.S I'm fairly new to this forum as well as all this higher end stuff :) thanks in advance

post #23877 of 29490

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me out here, I've got my eye on a the Beyerdynamic DT770 simply because I want headphones that will not leak sound out while listening at a relatively mid-high volume, I mostly listen to blues/classic rock, the odd occasion of some 90s hip hop. I don't have any interest in electronic music such as trance techno dubstep etc, are the DT770's good for sound isolation? or is there similar choices you can recommend me as I'm quite private when it comes to my music. I would like to keep the price under £200.

 

I had the sennheiser hd595's before I got my current headset which is corsair vengeance 2000 that leak out quite a bit when I'm using them.

 

This will also be my first time jumping into getting an amp/dac combo and was thinking of getting FiiO E10, would this be a good for the dt770's, strictly for desktop use as I won't be using them outside.


Edited by DanTheMan1 - 1/24/13 at 5:57pm
post #23878 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan1 View Post

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me out here, I've got my eye on a the Beyerdynamic DT770 simply because I want headphones that will not leak sound out while listening at a relatively mid-high volume, I mostly listen to blues/classic rock, the odd occasion of some 90s hip hop. I don't have any interest in electronic music such as trance techno dubstep etc, are the DT770's good for sound isolation? or is there similar choices you can recommend me as I'm quite private when it comes to my music. I would like to keep the price under £200.

 

I had the sennheiser hd595's before I got my current headset which is corsair vengeance 2000 that leak out quite a bit when I'm using them.

 

This will also be my first time jumping into getting an amp/dac combo and was thinking of getting FiiO E10, would this be a good for the dt770's, strictly for desktop use as I won't be using them outside.


The 770 is very good for comfort and isolation, but very bad for blues and classic rock because of its recessed mids.

 

Both the Shure SRH 940 (neutral sound signature) and Ultrasone Pro 750 (bass and bright--but with better mids than the 770) are superior, especially for blues and classic rock.  Based on U.S. prices, both would fall within your budget.  However, your mileage may vary in the UK.

post #23879 of 29490

i'm new at this forum and i really dont have any knowledge about headphones

i want to buy new headphone and i have interest in this headphone : superlux hd661, hd668b, hd660, sennheiser hd219, audio technica sj55, and co:caine sound clash

which one of these headphone do you recommend?

my budget is up to $50-$60, i want the one with strong bass but not too strong, i prefer not to use amp, thank you

post #23880 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdeisel View Post

 

Hey guys gunna bump this right quick. Im just looking for a reccomendation now for something thats quite similar to the Denon line, but with more isolation. Im open to non wooden looking ones now simply because the list of phones matching her picky criteria is getting smaller by the day.  

 

So to rephrase the needs/wants: Still $400-1000

  • Fun and enjoyable sound with some lower end power
  • Comfortable but need better than denon isolation

 

Ive already taken a good look at the Denons(needs more isolation), and have heard Audio Technica is too neutral for the preferences. Any thoughts guys? 

 

I just tried Edition 8 with extra bass eq'd in and gotta say they still don't have the depth and power of the D7000.  So my vote would be for the D7000..  If the intense treble ever bothers her (the reason I ultimately sold mine) she could always eq that down.  Such a shame they're discontinued, I sold mine for a song last year.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum