or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1472  

post #22066 of 29490

I'm looking for a DAC for the Q701. Under 200$.

 

DAC with Optical Input, AC Charger.

 

If i look for a more simple DAC without all these options, will i get ALOT better quality DAC?

post #22067 of 29490

This is actually the first time I've been back on headfi in a while. My sr60i's were the reason I got into high end audio. I'm thinking about picking up another pair of grados because my sr60's broke a couple months ago. I'm not sure what model to get though. I was thinking the sr325 or 225, but if the higher end models are absolutly amazing I might save my money for a pair of those. Also, any amps that go good with grados?

post #22068 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundisee View Post

What would be the best alternative to the DT 770 Pro 80's with slightly less bass with same or better comfort under $200?

Logitech ue6000, audio technica m50.  

post #22069 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


Which version of the HD 25?

 

The HD 25-1 II and the Vmoda are the crossafec LP one

 
Thx
post #22070 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

This is actually the first time I've been back on headfi in a while. My sr60i's were the reason I got into high end audio. I'm thinking about picking up another pair of grados because my sr60's broke a couple months ago. I'm not sure what model to get though. I was thinking the sr325 or 225, but if the higher end models are absolutly amazing I might save my money for a pair of those. Also, any amps that go good with grados?

 

 

for classical music...definitely the MsPro takes the trophy for me. CAPTIVATING. 

(one on sale now in the resale section :P)

i paired it with a LittleDot Mk3 tube amp then. 

post #22071 of 29490

Hello fellow Head-Fi'ers.

 

What would be a good upgrade for a pair of Sennheiser HD 595's ?

 

Without having to sell an arm, 'round the $200-$350 ($400 tops).

 

I listen to mainly rock (progressive, symphonic, hard, ...), jazz, trip-hop, guitar, pop.

 

I am planning on getting a headphone amp + DAC (Still deciding from HLLY DAC-01 or Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1), other suggestions accepted, of course. Currently use CD+Onkyo HT S-3400 and digital music + soundblaster audigy elite pro).

 

No need for portable phones, I only listen to music at home, and must be at least as comfortable (over ear, not on or in). No problem in open or closed (my cat does not complain).

 

Of course they must be better than the HD 595's.

 

Was thinking about Sennheiser HD 650, Denon AHD-2000, Sony MDR 1r (just because they are available at local stores).

 

Could anyone recommend a nice pair of headphones ?

 

Maybe even 'keep the HD 595, and upgrade to such a source'. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. 

 

Thanks.

post #22072 of 29490

Hey guys, new to the forum, really liking what I see so far! However, there is just a ton of information to take in. I'm doing my best to process it all. Anyway, my question is obviously regarding headphone / audio equipment, so I feel the best way to ask is just to list what I'm looking for.

1. Usage

Strictly at home, whether it be in the basement on my desktop PC or upstairs on the laptop.

Competitive gaming (FPS, where isolating locations is important.)

Music sessions (Mainly electronic such as trance / dubstep, some rock)

 

2. Current Equipment

None. No sound card. My last pair of headphones were Logitech G35's, advertised as a gaming headset, which I've learned from you guys are almost always overpriced for the quality. I don't want to repeat the same mistake!

 

3. Budget

$500 between headphones and any other devices.

 

After browsing the "noobie" section of the forums, I'm leaning towards AKG Q701's or Sennheiser HD598's with an E07k/E17. 

 

I've been doing a lot of research but I feel like I'm just running around in circles, and there's pressure on me to have my order in before Christmas. I really appreciate all the help you guys give out and I look forward to any responses I receive. Thanks in advance!

post #22073 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundisee View Post

What would be the best alternative to the DT 770 Pro 80's with slightly less bass with same or better comfort under $200?
Q701? It has more than slightly less bass but similar comfort in the large velour pads. Highs are superior IMO with less fatigue. Might run you more like $225 from amazon. Will be under 2 bills in the used forum.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 12/10/12 at 4:50pm
post #22074 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren19 View Post

I'm looking for a DAC for the Q701. Under 200$.

DAC with Optical Input, AC Charger.

If i look for a more simple DAC without all these options, will i get ALOT better quality DAC?

ODAC from JDS Labs is $150
post #22075 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by scizzro View Post

Hey guys, new to the forum, really liking what I see so far! However, there is just a ton of information to take in. I'm doing my best to process it all. Anyway, my question is obviously regarding headphone / audio equipment, so I feel the best way to ask is just to list what I'm looking for.

1. Usage

Strictly at home, whether it be in the basement on my desktop PC or upstairs on the laptop.

Competitive gaming (FPS, where isolating locations is important.)

Music sessions (Mainly electronic such as trance / dubstep, some rock)

 

2. Current Equipment

None. No sound card. My last pair of headphones were Logitech G35's, advertised as a gaming headset, which I've learned from you guys are almost always overpriced for the quality. I don't want to repeat the same mistake!

 

3. Budget

$500 between headphones and any other devices.

 

After browsing the "noobie" section of the forums, I'm leaning towards AKG Q701's or Sennheiser HD598's with an E07k/E17. 

 

I've been doing a lot of research but I feel like I'm just running around in circles, and there's pressure on me to have my order in before Christmas. I really appreciate all the help you guys give out and I look forward to any responses I receive. Thanks in advance!

 

Since you have a desktop and a laptop, setup recommendations will have to be different than expected. However, you could consider getting gear for both PCs.

 

- Audio Technica ATH-AD700 for competitive gaming alone (they excel at that), Ultrasone HFI-780 for listening to music and for immersive gaming.

- Creative X-Fi Titanium HD (PCIe, by far the best soundcard for gaming) for your desktop, Creative X-Fi Go! (USB, non-Pro version, SB1100).

- PA2V2 portable amp.

 

Your budget should allow for getting all that hardware, providing you with high quality gaming and music playback on both computer setups, moreso on the desktop PC due to the higher quality DAC and components from the Titanium HD.

post #22076 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

 

 

for classical music...definitely the MsPro takes the trophy for me. CAPTIVATING. 

(one on sale now in the resale section :P)

i paired it with a LittleDot Mk3 tube amp then. 

This sounds great and all but its a bit above my budget and I'd really like to get grado's instead of allesandro's just because they are a hassel to get in the US. Grado's are just much easier to buy in the US. So, is the 325 really that much better than the 225i's? Also, what's a good amp for them?

post #22077 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Q701? It has more than slightly less bass but similar comfort in the large velour pads. Highs are superior IMO with less fatigue. Might run you more like $225 from amazon. Will be under 2 bills in the used forum.

I know those headphones are good after reading all the reviews on this forum but I don't want any celebrity endorsement headphones, just a personal preference. What else would you recommend? I would prefer to stay under $200 since I only paid $150 for my DT 770 pro 80's (which i'm returning).

post #22078 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


ODAC from JDS Labs is $150

 

Thanks for the reply, i was thinking about this DAC. But its more of a computer only DAC (no optical.).

 

Would you say i could get quality like the ODAC for the same price but with a Optical input? If no, i might just go with this one or the HRT Music Streamer II and watch movies without DAC.

post #22079 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundisee View Post

I know those headphones are good after reading all the reviews on this forum but I don't want any celebrity endorsement headphones, just a personal preference. What else would you recommend?

I don't get the logic in that. In that case get the K701/K702.


Be sure never to drink Pepsi because Michael Jackson used to endorse the drink. Or in modern day Eminem endorses sprite so avoid that too. Wouldn't want to support any celebrities.
post #22080 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


I don't get the logic in that. In that case get the K701/K702.
Be sure never to drink Pepsi because Michael Jackson used to endorse the drink. Or in modern day Eminem endorses sprite so avoid that too. Wouldn't want to support any celebrities.
I would prefer to stay under $200 since I only paid $150 for my DT 770 pro 80's (which i'm returning). (sorry I edited my post but you must have read it before I did)
 
On another note I don't drink soda but thanks for the heads up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum