Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... - Page 1455  

post #21811 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguatemalian View Post

Hey guys so I've been learning to DJ and I've been borrowing a friend's DJing cans, now that I'm a little better at it I want to get a pair of my own, I'm not that new to head-fi although my collection only includes HD598, an ER4-S, and some portable amps.

 

I've been doing the researd and I'm down to 3 options, I don't want them to be on-ear cause the pads usually cause me to sweat and irritate my skin so my options are all over-ear, I'm between the AKG550, Pioneer HDJ2000, and the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 which do you guys recommend?? Comfort and Tight clear sound to beat match is a must.

 

Between the options you listed, you're likely to enjoy the HDJ-2000 the most. The AKG K550 doesn't have enough bass for DJing, and the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 isn't as refined as the HDJ-2000.

post #21812 of 29491

SInce you mentioned "the options I listed" what would you recommend if you could choose any headphone?

post #21813 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguatemalian View Post

SInce you mentioned "the options I listed" what would you recommend if you could choose any headphone?

 

I might be tempted to add the Ultrasone Signature DJ.

 

But honestly, the Pioneer HDJ-2000 is perfectly fine.

post #21814 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

95% of headphones do not come with an amplifier, usually you hook up a separate headphone amplifier to headphones.
Anyway, just get a Xonar DG ($26, PCI) or DGX ($40, PCI-E) sound card and plug the Shure SRH440 ($72 used or $100 new) into the Xonar.

Is the Xonar powerful enough to not need amplification for the higher impedance phones then?
post #21815 of 29491

I cannot decide if I want to get the Ultraonse HFI-580 or DJ 1. The only difference is the style and the cables. The 580 comes with a Straight cord (length  1 m) and an Extension Cable (length 4 m). Would that give me a little more versatility than the DJ 1 which is a 3.5 M coiled cable? Thanks!

post #21816 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

I cannot decide if I want to get the Ultraonse HFI-580 or DJ 1. The only difference is the style and the cables. The 580 comes with a Straight cord (length  1 m) and an Extension Cable (length 4 m). Would that give me a little more versatility than the DJ 1 which is a 3.5 M coiled cable? Thanks!

 

Actually, the HFI-580 comes with a 3m straight cable, the DJ1 comes with a 3m coiled cable. It's the HFI-780 that comes with a 1m straight cable and a 4m extension cable.

 

Also, the DJ1 is slightly louder than the HFI-580, with everything else being the same, except the visuals.

post #21817 of 29491

What is the most often recommended combo Amp/DAC for Q701?


Edited by Ren19 - 12/5/12 at 2:27pm
post #21818 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkcdn View Post


Is the Xonar powerful enough to not need amplification for the higher impedance phones then?

The Xonar DG & DGX comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier, for driving headphones up to 150-Ohm.

Technically the DG/DGX will drive 250-Ohm headphones with the volume knob near max, so you may not be getting the best audio possible from the 250-Ohm headphones.

post #21819 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

Actually, the HFI-580 comes with a 3m straight cable, the DJ1 comes with a 3m coiled cable. It's the HFI-780 that comes with a 1m straight cable and a 4m extension cable.

Also, the DJ1 is slightly louder than the HFI-580, with everything else being the same, except the visuals.
Check the ultrasone website, I think the newer 580's ship out like I stated and the older ship with only the 3 meter straight cord. I like the looks of the 580 more than the DJ 1 but I need the cord either 3 meters and coiled or the option to have a short straight cord.
post #21820 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

Check the ultrasone website, I think the newer 580's ship out like I stated and the older ship with only the 3 meter straight cord. I like the looks of the 580 more than the DJ 1 but I need the cord either 3 meters and coiled or the option to have a short straight cord.

 

You're right, it seems they changed the HFI-580 cord recently. Aside from that, the HFI-580 doesn't go as loud as the DJ1, so it's a trade-off between cord length and shape, visuals and volume.

post #21821 of 29491
If I plan on using a fiio E11 for portable and a MaverickAudio Tube Magic D1 at home would the loudness factor really matter that much?
post #21822 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren19 View Post

What is the most often recommended combo Amp/DAC for Q701?
I enjoyed the Q701 immensly from my itouch using a Fiio E11 portable amp. The aswers to this question could be many. I have seen people using O2 amp, Fiio and asgard. I am sure there are tons of tube rollers who like various tube options.

But affordably the E10, E17 would be fine if you need a dac. The E11 is great for portable. The O2 or the O2+ODAC would be more than enough to power it.
post #21823 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

If I plan on using a Fiio E11 for portable and a MaverickAudio Tube Magic D1 at home would the loudness factor really matter that much?

"Loudness factor"?

Need a more detailed question.

post #21824 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

I enjoyed the Q701 immensly from my itouch using a Fiio E11 portable amp. The aswers to this question could be many. I have seen people using O2 amp, Fiio and asgard. I am sure there are tons of tube rollers who like various tube options.
But affordably the E10, E17 would be fine if you need a dac. The E11 is great for portable. The O2 or the O2+ODAC would be more than enough to power it.

I ordered both the Q701 and E11 about a week ago and i was also wondering if i made a good decision on the E11 so thanks that confirms it.

 

Can't wait for them to arrive bigsmile_face.gif

post #21825 of 29491

Hey, I'm new here. I'm looking to get a pair of headphones along with everything to go inbetween them and my pc (dac, amp etc). My budget is between £500 and £600, although the lower the better. I've researched it and the HD 650, fiio E17 and fiio E09K seems to be a pretty solid choice. I'm basically just wondering whether there are any other better alternatives. I want them for music, and although I will use them for gaming aswell, music is the priority. I will be listening to older drum and bass/jungle e.g bad company uk, dillinja, goldie etc. so I'm looking for some good low, heavy bass as well as breakbeats. Thanks :)

 

Also : Portability is not a factor I'm looking for. I don't care how big the equipment is.


Edited by Photekq - 12/5/12 at 2:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum