Hello all! Can anyone help me to choose my next phones?
- Asus Xonar Essence STX: Bought it after I completed my PC built, and I have to say I searched for them for a long time. Just to get the chance to drive upper grade phones for relatively less money.
- Grado SR60: Got it from USA around 6 years ago, my first "real" headphones. Really like the phones to this day but can't listen to them for a long period. The sound seems just too fatiguing and bright for long period listening, still like the airness of open design and energy of these fellas tho.
- Sennheiser MX 680: Bought them just for sports in mind, but kind of liked the sound (Meh). Since I don't have any better IEMs atm, I use them on a daily basis outside plus while doing sports.
- Audio Technica ATH-2: Got this one for mere interest in ortho phones, and didn't have any expectations since I got them for nearly nothing. Well, I can say it didn't surprise me with SQ in overall but has a kind of good detail in sound.
- Sennheiser PXC 450: Couple of months ago I found a used and in good condition pair for around 50 USD. They were not the phones exactly in my mind but couldn't miss them for the price. Anyway, after I got them I realized that they are just sweet sweet phones. Haven't heard anything like them before, sounds detailed and smooth to my ears, but a little too smooth maybe. I kind of miss the openness and airy feel of music when I listen music on them.
- Rock based; Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Muse, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, City and Colour, Dream Theater, etc.
- Blues; John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Yavuz Çetin etc.
- Other; jazz, soul, classic and little bit electronic music if I have mood (French House?)
What I Want:
- Hear something what my PXC 450 cannot offer to my ears. Basically all I want to have is to feel the improvement.
- Want to hear the detail and feel the sense of space in music, especially when I'm listening to live records. But that doesn't mean I like analytical and cold sound so much. I like balanced and warm sound more.
- I'm not a basshead, but I want to feel presence of it when the time comes.
- Open headphones, I will be using them in quite and alone environment mostly anyway.
How Much Can I Offer:
- Around 300-350 USD. (I can get something used for this price too of course)
Thanks in advance, for your help!