Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 9/19/16 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1383
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20732 of 2949010/29/12 at 5:43pm
I listen to a lot of hip hop, rap, some trap and some dubstep and some mainstream stuff.
I am looking for a £100ish headphone that has the best possible sound quality and clarity, good bass for the dubstep (good clarity, extension and impact) but doesn't bleed (hopefully) and obviously the best possible mids and highs. Crucially though, I would like the headphones to be "live" and "fun" to listen to - I don't want them to be analytical but to be great to listen to, hopefully this makes sense.
I have big ears and am looking for something very very comfortable - I tried the Bose AE1 and that is the sort of comfort I am looking for, just a little bigger earcups!
Portable if possible, but am willing to sacrifice here!
Will be powering of an iPod/ HTC phone.
Any more info please ask!
Thanks loads :)post #20733 of 2949010/29/12 at 7:09pm
So after owning the M50s for almost 2 years now I'm looking to make a new purchase.
I am looking for: (in order of importance)
Deep & Tight Bass
I listen to alot of electronic music, Im not too sure what im looking for in the Highs but Tech House ( Listen to this ALOT!) has alot of high hats and it can get fatiguing after a bit.
Here is an example of what I have been into lately.
"People Like Us" & "Elsewhere" is a great example!
in other words something that its not anywhere close to an M50
ps. I run Klipsch S4's on my Cowon C2 on love them. Would listen to them anyday over the M50s
Edited by JojoDanker19 - 10/29/12 at 7:33pmpost #20734 of 2949010/29/12 at 7:21pmpost #20735 of 2949010/29/12 at 8:47pmHi,
Could someone please tell me if it would make much difference in sound if I bought a portable amp for my Sennheiser HD448s? I recently listened to some HD 380s a friend got and ever since I'm not so happy with my own anymore, but I'd like to not buy new ones yet since I got mine just about 6 months ago.. If an amp would help, could anyone suggest one? Hopefully something under 60$ or 70$... I'm just a high school student =Ppost #20736 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by A Jonaityte
Could someone please tell me if it would make much difference in sound if I bought a portable amp for my Sennheiser HD448s? I recently listened to some HD 380s a friend got and ever since I'm not so happy with my own anymore, but I'd like to not buy new ones yet since I got mine just about 6 months ago.. If an amp would help, could anyone suggest one? Hopefully something under 60$ or 70$... I'm just a high school student =P
A difference in sound from what?post #20737 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:04pmpost #20738 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:14pmpost #20739 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:15pm
Im going to buy my first serious set of headphones and I need to know wether to buy
Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohms
Ultrasone Pro 750
Any other recommendations are welcome but preferably I just want you to tell me which of these two headphones to buy. Thank you very much.post #20740 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:16pm
Audio GD NFB6:post #20741 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by szanella
Audio GD NFB6:
Hmm, do I need a balanced DAC? If so, which to get? Not more than $350. But do I NEED it?post #20742 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
The headphone is usually more important than the amp unless you're not getting enough power. Given that the HD 448 is a low impedance headphone (32 ohms), you probably won't see much of a difference with a dedicated amp versus your mp3 player or laptop. Besides, the HD 380 is twice the price of the HD 448 and should sound better.
For budget options around $70, there is the Grado SR60, any of the models in the Superlux line, the Koss Pro DJ, and the Phillips Uptown.post #20743 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:40pmQuote:
I'd recommend biting the bullet and shelling out $450 for the matching NFB-17 dac. Most reviews indicate that the NFB-6 is noticeably better running balanced than single ended. If that's too steep, try the NFB-10SE, which combines the functionality of the two into one unit for $500.post #20744 of 2949010/29/12 at 9:55pmQuote:I will have to think about a balanced amp. First I need to get a headphone that deserves a balanced cable; like a sennheiser HD600.Originally Posted by steve2151
I'd recommend biting the bullet and shelling out $450 for the matching NFB-17 dac. Most reviews indicate that the NFB-6 is noticeably better running balanced than single ended. If that's too steep, try the NFB-10SE, which combines the functionality of the two into one unit for $500.
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 10 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear