or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1370  

post #20536 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitschiener View Post

Thanks for your advice :)

 

on a side note, any recommendations for tubes I could use for when I get the hd 650?


I got the EF5 just before my HD 650 arrived.  I think that poodytang has done some tube rolling with the EF2A.

post #20537 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasterolle View Post

Hi. I am buying dt990 250ohm, and in max 6 months I will buy LCD-2 rev2 (or i might waight for the lcd closed cans, maymaybe).

So I need an amp and a dac. And I am thinking of buying the Grace M903.

 

I like bass, but i also love to hear all the instruments so i like soundstage too.

Should i perhaps get another amp and dac? And use more money one a amp and just get a cheap dac? But I really do not want to start upgrading and selling next year.

I am also thinking of buying myself floorstanding speakers soon. If i buy amp for the speakers could i use the M903 as a dac then? Or should I just buy a reciever now and listen throug that?

 

foobar, 320 and /or flac. To be honest I just want to know if there is a better option than the M903 :S

 

The M903 gets excellent reviews. And, according to the User's Guide, it has

 

UNBALANCED LINE OUTPUTS - A stereo pair of unbalanced line level outputs are provided via two RCA jacks. These outputs 

should be connected to powered speakers or power amplifiers using standard unbalanced RCA cables.

 

If it wasn't so far out of my price range, I'd buy one. Others that distinguish themselves?

 

  • ODAC+O2 combo (US$285)
  • CEntrance DACMini CX (US$795)

 

Cheap DAC (but not the greatest amplifier)

 

  • Behringer UCA-222 (US$30)
post #20538 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca View Post

 

Cheap DAC (but not the greatest amplifier)

 

  • Behringer UCA-222 (US$30)

 

yes, the thing is i could use the behringer UCA-222 or HRT Music Streamer II + and maybe a Burson HA-160. and save money. But if I go on the interwebb the next day and regret it, then I might upgrade soon. and then i wont save money.

 

maan. i'll just buy it and shut the pluck up...


Edited by Kasterolle - 10/23/12 at 3:21pm
post #20539 of 29490

Hi I am looking for headphones.  I have looked around but I am not sure about which ones to get.  

 

Type Closed

 

Price $200 or lower

 

Sound - I already have the Beyerdynamic DT 880 so i would prefer something that sounds different.  I mostly listen to Rock and Electronic music, I also listen to some metal and classical.

 

Important

 

Comfort it is important to me because I have a large head and wear glasses.   

Sound Isolation I prefer passive.

 

 

Not Important

 

sound leakage

Portability I will be using these at home.

 

I have looked at these headphones

 

Ultrasone HFI - 580

AKG k271

Audio Technica ATH A700

Audio Technica ATH M50

V MODA crossfades M80 - i heard these were uncomfortable

 

if you have any other suggestions it would help.

Thanks!

post #20540 of 29490

GenericNameA, Ultrasone HFI-780 for both rock and EDM, HFI-580 leaning more towards EDM.

post #20541 of 29490

Thanks i think the UltraSone HFI 780 is the right one for me.

post #20542 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasterolle View Post

 

yes, the thing is i could use the behringer UCA-222 or HRT Music Streamer II + and maybe a Burson HA-160. and save money. But if I go on the interwebb the next day and regret it, then I might upgrade soon. and then i wont save money.

 

maan. i'll just buy it and shut the pluck up...

 

I have two UCA-222's and I like them (especially for the price.) I'm still trying to convince myself that the O2+ODAC will give me audibly better sound.

 

Good luck.

post #20543 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


What exactly do you see as being included in this home rig?

Well I've got a portable rig. (HTC incredible S>FiiO E17>HD25IIs)

but i want a desktop rig and in all honesty I have no idea where to start so any help would be appreciated.

 

Cheers in advance.

 

EDIT: I'm after something to play CDs. I have some vinyl as well (although thats an afterthought)


Edited by Davedog - 10/23/12 at 5:41pm
post #20544 of 29490

Thanks!  I am looking at the site right now.  What do you think of the HD 25-SP II?  It looks similar and comes with a 10' cable.  But I see some differences in frequency range and impedance.  If I am just using them for Netflix and a big of gaming on my laptop will these differences be important?

 

And don't kill me!  I am also looking at the HD 202 II.  I know it is low end but, for my purposes (watching TV shows on Netflix while doing dishes each night) they might be ok.  What do you think?

 

Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this!

post #20545 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericNameA View Post

Hi I am looking for headphones.  I have looked around but I am not sure about which ones to get.  

 

Type Closed

 

Price $200 or lower

 

Sound - I already have the Beyerdynamic DT 880 so i would prefer something that sounds different.  I mostly listen to Rock and Electronic music, I also listen to some metal and classical.

 

Important

 

Comfort it is important to me because I have a large head and wear glasses.   

Sound Isolation I prefer passive.

 

 

Not Important

 

sound leakage

Portability I will be using these at home.

 

I have looked at these headphones

 

Ultrasone HFI - 580

AKG k271

Audio Technica ATH A700

Audio Technica ATH M50

V MODA crossfades M80 - i heard these were uncomfortable

 

if you have any other suggestions it would help.

Thanks!


With regard to sound, you say you want something different.  In what way?  The DT 880 is an outstanding near neutral audiophile can.

post #20546 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


What exactly do you see as being included in this home rig?

Well I've got a portable rig. (HTC incredible S>FiiO E17>HD25IIs)

but i want a desktop rig and in all honesty I have no idea where to start so any help would be appreciated.

 

Cheers in advance.

 

EDIT: I'm after something to play CDs. I have some vinyl as well (although thats an afterthought)


OK--what is your budget?  Do you already have a CD deck to meet your needs?  Either way you will need a receiver or desktop headphone amp and a new can.

 

Is it the Senn HD 25-1-II that you have?  If not which version?  If so, do you like its sound signature?  What are you looking for in the sound signature of your new can?

post #20547 of 29490

Hello!

 

I've been lurking for a while looking for the right headphones.  I listen to a range of music, and the cans will be used for all around listening without an amp (at least at first).  I was leaning towards blindly ordering the Sennheiser hd 598 based off user reviews here.  I really enjoyed the sound of the 558, until I checked out a few other sets.  The audio technica ATH-ESW9A sound perfect to me but I want a full size headphone.  I tried the AKG K5550, AT ATH-A900X, and both are close but not enough bass.  I listen to mostly hip hop/rock and would like better bass.  Bass in the 558s was perfect, but the midrange was weak.

 

 

Headphones must be available at Best Buy.

Budget (realistic) $250, but will consider up to $500.

I'd rather have money to save to get an amp over anything, I will be listening at first without an amp.

 

I don't mind PMs if you have a lengthy suggestion or some headphones to suggest trying

post #20548 of 29490

Consider looking into the Ultrasone HFI-780.

post #20549 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by basstwomule View Post

Thanks!  I am looking at the site right now.  What do you think of the HD 25-SP II?  It looks similar and comes with a 10' cable.  But I see some differences in frequency range and impedance.  If I am just using them for Netflix and a big of gaming on my laptop will these differences be important?

 

And don't kill me!  I am also looking at the HD 202 II.  I know it is low end but, for my purposes (watching TV shows on Netflix while doing dishes each night) they might be ok.  What do you think?

 

Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this!


The SP version is inferior.  It has an inferior driver and less features.  The HD 25-1-II is the one you should get.  This is a bit dated, but gives you a good picture of the line:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii-and-adidas-original-hd-25

 

Don't waste your money on the 202.  It's entry level only.  Even the SP is much better.

 

Yes, your listed uses aren't as critical as some.   However, unless your into planned obsolescence, there is no since in going the cheap route, when for a little more you can have one of the best portable cans in its class.

post #20550 of 29490

I had someone suggest AKG.  I took a look and pulled out the K 172 HD and K 142 HD.  Any thoughts on them vs the 25-1 II?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum