Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... - Page 1316  

post #19726 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post


i've heard the sig pros and missed the only chance i'll get in a long while to listen to the th-900's, the sig pros are probably one of the best portables you can buy, quite open sounding and good soundstage for a portable. sounded balanced overall to me. the fostex i wouldn't reccomend for portable because they look to be the exact same design as the d7000 which have a very loose seal.

Thanks for that mate, well guess its a beyer vs ultrasone shoot out then, wallet can't complain about that... But I'll probably end up gettin the th-900's somewhere down the line, can't resist that urushi finish, it's a work of art tongue.gif
post #19727 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


Grado SR cans give you the wall of sound with a small sound stage.  That does not work well with folk and classical--at least not for me.  For those genre's i want more sound stage and less slam.

I would think you want an intimate presentation for folk... Also, from what I remember, my sr225i's soundstage wasn't that bad, I would say a bit above average.
post #19728 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fririce0003 View Post

Thanks for that mate, well guess its a beyer vs ultrasone shoot out then, wallet can't complain about that... But I'll probably end up gettin the th-900's somewhere down the line, can't resist that urushi finish, it's a work of art tongue.gif

I personally find the th-900 to look amazing, but the price tag is too hefty for me. :/
post #19729 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post


I personally find the th-900 to look amazing, but the price tag is too hefty for me. :/

Yea they do look wondeful <3

post #19730 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post


I personally find the th-900 to look amazing, but the price tag is too hefty for me. :/

They look pretty damn good. I like the look of the AH-D2000/5000/7000 and the TH900.

post #19731 of 29491

Okay, so i just got my first pair of over ear headphones (not including my pos Turtle Beach px5's)

 

There the Audio Technica ATH M50's and they are amazing, I also bought the Fiio EO6 Portable Amp with them and together the sound they put out is some of the best I have ever heard and I also know they will only get better once there burned in.

 

The only problem I'm finding is that after about 30-45 minutes they start feeling to tight, also I was never really a big fan of leather ear pads but decided to give them a try, and unfortunately I'm not crazy about them either I guess I'm a little more picky then I thought. :(

 

So if anyone has some tips to make them more comfortable please tell me :D. If I can't figure out how to make them feel better my best bet will probably be to look at a new type.

 

I bought them from Amazon directly so I won't have any problems returning them if that's what it comes down to.

 

SO what I'm looking for is a Over-ear headphone with good comfort, sound quality was good or better then the m50's, and $300 or under.

 

I am also kind of a big bass head, so please factor that in :). I was looking at the Sennheiser HD-598's but I'm not sure if I will go with them because I keep reading they don't have very good bass output. Although I love the looks and I'm sure the comfort is amazing.

 

Thanks,

 

Eric

post #19732 of 29491

I've actually heard that the L1 sounds good and is a bit short in a small selection of areas to be deemed audiophile grade.

 

Definitely look at the HD598 or mod a HD558 (it sounds pretty close).

 

Comfort should be fine.

post #19733 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I've actually heard that the L1 sounds good and is a bit short in a small selection of areas to be deemed audiophile grade.

 

Definitely look at the HD598 or mod a HD558 (it sounds pretty close).

 

Comfort should be fine.


How's the bass for the 598's though? :S


Edited by emckee25 - 10/4/12 at 6:05pm
post #19734 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by emckee25 View Post

 

SO what I'm looking for is a Over-ear headphone with good comfort, sound quality was good or better then the m50's, and $300 or under.

 

I am also kind of a big bass head, so please factor that in :).

 

Eric

 

I haven't heard them myself, but you could try researching the DT770s. I've seen quite a few people rave about their comfort and punchy bass.

post #19735 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by emckee25 View Post


How's the bass for the 598's though? :S

Unfortunately I don't know that. You'll have to ask somebody else about this.

post #19736 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike112 View Post

 

I haven't heard them myself, but you could try researching the DT770s. I've seen quite a few people rave about their comfort and punchy bass.


They look Like they would be very comfortable! and every one says the bass is awesome but I see people have problems after a month+ of use. :(

post #19737 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by emckee25 View Post


They look Like they would be very comfortable! and every one says the bass is awesome but I see people have problems after a month+ of use. frown.gif

The hd598 has a good amount of bass, a bit warm sounding and a good soundstage due to the angled drivers.
Dt770 has boomy bass, not punchy and the midrange and a bit of the highs are drowned out because of it
post #19738 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by emckee25 View Post


They look Like they would be very comfortable! and every one says the bass is awesome but I see people have problems after a month+ of use. frown.gif


They are certainly comfortable. I saw you asking about the 598 so if an open set of cans will work for your needs you should consider the DT990 over the DT770 IMO. I have both and love them both but the 990 is better for extended listening and isn't as fatiguing in the highs. The 770 has more impact in the bass due to the closed design but the quantity is comparable with the 990 having a much more airy sound obviously and larger soundstage.
post #19739 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by emckee25 View Post


How's the bass for the 598's though? :S

If you are a basshead then the 598 will not work for you. It has decent bass that gets better when properly amped, but will be less than the M50. Overll the 598 is a much better headphoens, but not if you really want bass.

post #19740 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


They are certainly comfortable. I saw you asking about the 598 so if an open set of cans will work for your needs you should consider the DT990 over the DT770 IMO. I have both and love them both but the 990 is better for extended listening and isn't as fatiguing in the highs. The 770 has more impact in the bass due to the closed design but the quantity is comparable with the 990 having a much more airy sound obviously and larger soundstage.

+1

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emckee25 View Post


They look Like they would be very comfortable! and every one says the bass is awesome but I see people have problems after a month+ of use. :(

 

The Beyers are one of the best in comfort, and will definitely be an improved over your M50. I'm not sure what you mean by people having problems after a month+ of use. Do you mean they don't like the bass? Or am I reading this completely wrong?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum