Is there another ear-bud out there that sounds better than the Yuin PK1? It will be driven by a Fostex HP-P1 and I am interested in strictly ear-buds not iems. Thanks in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 6:15 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1309
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19622 of 2949010/1/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Bro I think someone already said to you a few days ago you are on the FULL SIZED HEADPHONE thread. Here is a link for the portable forum. You should just search the model you are looking for and see what you can find. Good luck.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/103/portable-headphones-earphones-and-in-ear-monitorspost #19623 of 2949010/1/12 at 12:31pm
The Sennheiser HD598 and Audio-Technica M50 aren't in the same league. They are also very, very different in the way they sound. Based upon the fact you said you want a headphone for movies and music, and a lot of different types, the Sennheiser HD598 would be a better choice. If you like a lot of bass though then this isn't for you as the bass is balanced. Also, not that the HD598 is open, which means that it will let sound in (bad isolation) and leak your music out. The HD598 also has a 1/4" plug that has an adapter for 1/8" so that you can use it in typical headphone jacks on computers/ipods/etc. but it is rather bulky, so that could be an issue.
If you need isolation, then look to closed headphones. Something like the Shure SRH840 would be nice as it is balanced but has a little bit of bass emphasis.post #19624 of 2949010/1/12 at 12:33pmpost #19625 of 2949010/1/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
No problem at all! Thanks for taking the time to research and reply to me. I decided to go with the 250-Ohm version of the headphones for a bit cheaper with a lot more choices of sellers that is a better match for me. I am every excited for these headphones. First professional pair ever!post #19626 of 2949010/1/12 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sugi
No problem at all! Thanks for taking the time to research and reply to me. I decided to go with the 250-Ohm version of the headphones for a bit cheaper with a lot more choices of sellers that is a better match for me. I am every excited for these headphones. First professional pair ever!
The 770 is actually probably the least referencing sounding headphone beyerdynamic makes. The bass is way too boomy and muffles out the rest of the spectrum.post #19627 of 2949010/1/12 at 1:00pmQuote:
I didn't think that they were that bad. Also, I don't think he stated he wanted a reference headphone. Either way, it seems like this is his first foray into better sounding headphones so these should be a nice treat. This was my first pair and I loved them.post #19628 of 2949010/1/12 at 1:18pmQuote:
They're really bad IMO, bass is way too boomy unlike the nice textured bass of the 880, 990 and 1350.post #19629 of 2949010/1/12 at 1:19pmQuote:
Yep, my first professional headphones. I am quite excited for them! I am going to team it up with a DGX 5.1 dac/amp.post #19630 of 2949010/1/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Maybe you got a "bad" pair because i find the bass an improvement over the 990. Of course mine could be different too because they are the fairly rare 770 premium edition.post #19631 of 2949010/1/12 at 1:41pmQuote:
The ones I auditioned happen to be the premium edition, they have more bass quantity than other beyers but the bass quality is a one note "boom". Amped from a dark voice 339, there was still no improvement. I also know someone who even wood modded and recabled the 770s and still found them too boomy. Your tastes may differ, but the 770 is just mediocre in my opinion
Edited by NujaBlessed - 10/1/12 at 2:37pmpost #19632 of 2949010/1/12 at 2:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by iCupboard
I decided to ask it here. :) I had posted my question about the headphones that I liked, but the member I came across only knew the V-Moda LP2, in which I was interested.
What am I looking for?
A closed headphone with lots of isolation.
Indie rock, indie folk, audiobooks(!!!! those are so important for me) and a little bit of dubstep
Where do I want to use them?
Everywhere! To give some examples; In the bus, in the train, on the street, in the car, on the bike (BADDIE! Traffic!)
I am hoping to find a headphone with a detachable cable. my K272HD died, because the cable broke... :(
Which headphones do I have in mind?
- V-Moda LP2
- Sennheiser Momentum
- AKG K550
If you have any headphone you want to recommend to me, feel free to do so!
Thanks for your time! :D
For an update of my situation, these headphones are on my mind right now
- V-Moda M100
- Sennheiser Momentum
- Philips Fidelio L1 (Least wanted on the list as of right now)
Any thoughts on how these compare to the AKG K272HD on:
post #19633 of 2949010/1/12 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sheriksia
- Sound (if these sound like the AKG K272HD or better, but with the same sound. if you get what I mean. I really liked the sound of the AKG K272HD's...)
Im a beginner audiophile and currently the only "serious" cans i own are beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm + FiiO E11. Just wanted to ask what headphones should i get next for different sound experience, i mean i dont really realize how sound may vary "v-shaped, u-shaped, dark, bright and things like that", it would be much easier for me to understand the sound if i get to experience opposite sound type of my cans. Im looking for 50-170$ headphones. Grados it is?
There's no reason why not. Get the 80's, Alessandro MS1i (based on Grado) or wait until you have $200 and get the very well regarded 225i. All are easy to drive and can rock your world.post #19634 of 2949010/1/12 at 8:33pmpost #19635 of 2949010/1/12 at 8:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by goldfrapped
thanks for reading this one.
I love listening to
Steely Dan/Donald Fagen,
Acoustic Jazz Piano Trios,
a few classical orchestral scores,
incredibly produced pop music.
I don't usually listen to
The big bad bass,
anything that only works well when played really loud.
On the go I use various iPods, usually amped by Fiio E6 or E11 and I really like my Jays q-Jays (I have rather small ears and really small ear canals).
I'm looking for a full-size hp to suit my listening needs, which shouldn't cost more than $500. Since I'd not use them on the go, I'm open to any suggestions. I wear glasses and would prefer something really comfortable, a nice, but not forced soundstage would be great, too.
Thanks a ton in advance!
PS: I seem to like those blue Audio-Technica ATH-A700x. But then again, what do I know about cans?
PPS: I read hours and hours of reviews, I really did and appreciated all the knowledge and goodwill around here! I'm simply hoping to find something which suits my (see above) listening needs.
Are open can OK for you--they leak sound?
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 23 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Koss KTXPRO1....an awesome portable headphone! 41 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear