or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1278  

post #19156 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioenthused View Post

I was told that I should avoid ATH-M50 for gaming because it has little to no sound stage. That is why I was hoping to find someone who owns both.

This is true. The M50 is not the headphones for you if you want games. Check out the gaming thread as that will give you some good ideas. It has some headsets and many other headphones which you can always buy the add-on mic for. You can get some good ideas from that thread and then always ask more questions in this thread.

post #19157 of 29490

The cowon iaudio10 can drive 24mW to the right and 24mW to the left ear at 16ohms. I am planning on the Shure SRH440. (India is really expensive for audio the 440's cost $120) Would i need an additional amp to power it? fii0 e6 or something? or is this enough? I listen to rock 90% of the time (Queen, Pink Floyd etc)

post #19158 of 29490

I'm looking for a pair of phones for portable uses. At this point, I'm considering momentum, but i heard that maddogs are the best at their price point. Advice please?

post #19159 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoGV View Post


It seems that this has a list of sale representatives (one per state, based on a small sample), not of retailers.  Am I confused?

No, he accidentally sent the wrong link.

 

Right link if you are interested:

http://www.shure.com/americas/where-to-buy/in-store

post #19160 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioenthused View Post

I live in Jamaica so that is not really an option.

 


i'm sure there's some sort of audio shop near you.

post #19161 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

I'm looking for a pair of phones for portable uses. At this point, I'm considering momentum, but i heard that maddogs are the best at their price point. Advice please?


depends on what kind of sound signature you're looking for. I personally like the dt1350, very clear and has minute detail, with a balanced presentation. It also comes with the most space saving carrying case i've seen yet and has the best passive isolation of anything i've ever heard. some downsides are that the headband might press against the side of your head and that the fit is VERY finnicky.

post #19162 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoGV View Post


It seems that this has a list of sale representatives (one per state, based on a small sample), not of retailers.  Am I confused?


You're correct--although web sites and email addresses are listed to contact them for authorized dealers within their respective territories.  This might provide a more direct answer:

 

http://www.shure.com/americas/where-to-buy/in-store


Edited by KG Jag - 9/20/12 at 10:02pm
post #19163 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisarj90 View Post

The cowon iaudio10 can drive 24mW to the right and 24mW to the left ear at 16ohms. I am planning on the Shure SRH440. (India is really expensive for audio the 440's cost $120) Would i need an additional amp to power it? fii0 e6 or something? or is this enough? I listen to rock 90% of the time (Queen, Pink Floyd etc)


Don't know your specific equipment, but the 440 is quite easy to drive.  An iPhone 4 has no problem powering it.  The specs are set forth in the manual:

 

http://www.shure.com/uploads/user_guide/upload/1610/us_pro_srh440_ug.pdf

post #19164 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post

 


i'm sure there's some sort of audio shop near you.

I don't doubt that but what I highly doubt is that they have they latest equipment or even close to the latest e.g. whenever I am building a new computer I source all my parts from overseas because 1. The products are here for triple to quadruple the price (and that is one a good day) or the parts are just not here period.

post #19165 of 29490

The best bluetooth stereo in-ears with a budget up to $100. Any recommendations?

 

Thanks!

post #19166 of 29490
My new dt1350s hurt.

I want closed, comfy, mids and smooth highs if possible.

Budget. Upto 400gbp ideally.

Source. Cowon j3. Amp is okay if needed.

Though i have thought about a new pmp and external dac.

Thoughts?

And thanks!
post #19167 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo View Post

My new dt1350s hurt.
I want closed, comfy, mids and smooth highs if possible.
Budget. Upto 400gbp ideally.
Source. Cowon j3. Amp is okay if needed.
Though i have thought about a new pmp and external dac.
Thoughts?
And thanks!

 

You said "closed & comfy", I just picked up a pair AKG K550 for the office and these have to be some of the nicest closed cans I've ever heard, and very comfy.

post #19168 of 29490

Hi, 

 

I'm looking for a pair of over-ear headphones that are around or under $140. I'm willing to look on eBay / Amazon, and the likes of those. My main use for these will be music. I'll be using these for school, so they need to be fairly light, and easily portable. 

 

They need to: 

 

- Look good

- Sound good (I like my bass, but I don't want it to drown out everything else)

- Fold up

- Be a closed headphone

 

I'd like, but they don't have to: 

 

- Have a detachable cord

- Have Noise Cancelling

- Have a matte finish

- Allow me to daisy chain

post #19169 of 29490
The 550s sound good, thanks. Will read some more reviews.

I had kinda ignored AKG previously thinking they were bass heavier.
post #19170 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post

 


i'm sure there's some sort of audio shop near you.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.  I live in St. Louis, one of the largest cities in the midwestern United States and we don't have a real audio shop that has headphones. >.<

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum