Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... - Page 1269  

post #19021 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

I really dont know what happened.... I just stretched it a bit because they were very tight, and now they are deformed...An earpad has ripped on them too. These headphones are costing me a ton of money! lol

like i just took off the ear pad and put it as gentle as possible and it ripped. The headband is really flexible and strong, but it deforms. If this is what I have to put up with every couple of months, I will just get the DT770 as my main headphone.

post #19022 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

I really dont know what happened.... I just stretched it a bit because they were very tight, and now they are deformed...An earpad has ripped on them too. These headphones are costing me a ton of money! lol


Next time find some books (or a box, etc.) to stand in for your noggin; don't over stretch the headband on your cans; and let them sit over night around the books.

post #19023 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


Next time find some books (or a box, etc.) to stand in for your noggin; don't over stretch the headband on your cans; and let them sit over night around the books.

ok. How much do you think a headband would cost?

post #19024 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


Next time find some books (or a box, etc.) to stand in for your noggin; don't over stretch the headband on your cans; and let them sit over night around the books.

and cant ultrasone fix it for free, as my 580s are still under warranty?

post #19025 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


Only an EQ adjustment (e.g. through an amp, receiver, etc.) can do that.  Simply amping them will not.  The ZX700 is not a bassy headphone.

 

Some Fiio amps have bass boost. An E11 will add enough bass punch to the ZX700 for it to be decent (not great) for hiphop/rap.


Edited by drheadphone - 9/13/12 at 10:31pm
post #19026 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

and cant ultrasone fix it for free, as my 580s are still under warranty?


I doubt the warranty covers customer "adjustments" of this type--but you can try.  As for the price of the part, I can only guess--and yours is as good as mine.

post #19027 of 29491

Hey all, ordered a pair of shure srh840s and should be getting them tomorrow. Just thinking ahead here that i need a dac/amp for them. I have grado sr80is and they run fine through the laptop but i know both these headphones would definately improve. Just wondering the thoughts about a fiio e10 for the dac/amp, or just getting a soundcard for my desktop to use digital op to my pioneer receiver. Any recommendations will be appreciated, Probably under $75 for the time being though.

post #19028 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

I really dont know what happened.... I just stretched it a bit because they were very tight, and now they are deformed...An earpad has ripped on them too. These headphones are costing me a ton of money! lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

and cant ultrasone fix it for free, as my 580s are still under warranty?

 

Generally, a warranty won't cover any damage caused by the customer.

post #19029 of 29491

K so first post here. I'm looking for some over the ear/on ear headphones. Not sure about open or closed as both have their ups and downs and i'll be using them constantly. Even in public transport and town etc but sometimes hearing sounds could be a good thing. Kind of worried about the sound quality reduction?

 

I listen to everything from early 1900 jazz and blues to death metal, alternative, trip hop, stoner rock, funk etc etc.

Sound quality is important but dont really care for too much bass drowning stuff out. Also i have slight hearing damage in the middle decibel range and hyper acusis which is hyper sensitive hearing to loud sounds (too many concerts in a row without plugs)

 

My price range is about 100-150 ish, don't really wanna spend over 200.
 

Cheers! :D

post #19030 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca View Post

 

 

Generally, a warranty won't cover any damage caused by the customer.

awwww ok. This is going to be a very expensive fix. I read it will be somewhere around 60 dollars!

post #19031 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster2010 View Post

Check out this thread since you are currently posting in the full-size forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Thats cuz u r in the full sized headphone forum. I can say try some good for value iems (i recommend cx200 to everyone for cheap bass iem that sounds great, or jvc fx40). Then when u decide on the sig u like best, ask again in the portable iem/forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


You probably did not get a response because you posted in the wrong section of the forum.  This is the full sized headphone section of the forum and this thread is here for the purpose of seeking and responding to recommendations of full sized headphones.

Noted, however I forgot the part where a few pages back background in my original post I was also asking on a less expensive full size that was either a more viable option for portability or a mix of decent enough to tolerate and cheap enough not to hurt me if they were broken being used as tossarounds for school
post #19032 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


Comfort is a very (very, very) individual thing.  The best I can do is to recommend cans that many find to be comfortable.  Your mileage may vary.

 

The memory foam of the KRK KNS 8400 is very comfortable.  However, they are very neutral in sound signature and you may miss the bass of the M50.  Their mids are great.

 

Most folks find the Shure SRH 840 to be comfortable, but a significant and vocal minority do it.  They probably have the best sound signature for your preferences.

 

The velor padded Beyer DT 770 are very comfortable and have an EQ similar to you M50.  However, they are very big and not great for portable use.

 

The Ultrasone Pro 750, which need an amp, are very comfortable in all their velor glory.  They are bright with strong bass and more balanced mids than the M50.  They have excellent slam.  They are however $25 to $35 above your budget.

 

The comfort thing is noted; I'm going to check out the ones you recommended at my local Guitar Center this afternoon.

 

Will the discomfort on the M50s be alleviated by swapping out the OEM pads for the Shure 840 pads (or the 940 Velour)?  I've read that they slightly bring out the mids and tone down the bass a tad.  If those are the only sound changes, on top of having a more comfortable set of cans, that would be doable as well.

 

Thanks again for the prompt responses!

post #19033 of 29491

A Good Gaming/Music Headphones Price Range from 80-150$.

post #19034 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowered007 View Post

Hey all, ordered a pair of shure srh840s and should be getting them tomorrow. Just thinking ahead here that i need a dac/amp for them. I have grado sr80is and they run fine through the laptop but i know both these headphones would definately improve. Just wondering the thoughts about a fiio e10 for the dac/amp, or just getting a soundcard for my desktop to use digital op to my pioneer receiver. Any recommendations will be appreciated, Probably under $75 for the time being though.

i have the 840, and the e10. It's a great combo. One of the best values in headphone imo. I highly recommend. help open everything up. Improves soundstage imaging, pretty much every aspect, to varrying degrees of course. E10 is nice bc its a plug and play sorta thing. No take this card out put this in...no...usb in computer, usb in fiio, headphones in fiio, job done

post #19035 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmangus View Post

K so first post here. I'm looking for some over the ear/on ear headphones. Not sure about open or closed as both have their ups and downs and i'll be using them constantly. Even in public transport and town etc but sometimes hearing sounds could be a good thing. Kind of worried about the sound quality reduction?

 

I listen to everything from early 1900 jazz and blues to death metal, alternative, trip hop, stoner rock, funk etc etc.

Sound quality is important but dont really care for too much bass drowning stuff out. Also i have slight hearing damage in the middle decibel range and hyper acusis which is hyper sensitive hearing to loud sounds (too many concerts in a row without plugs)

 

My price range is about 100-150 ish, don't really wanna spend over 200.
 

Cheers! :D

 

I do recommend you Yamaha RH5MA headphones. Amazing price/performence/versatility headphone. Performance wise, it is close to Bayerdynamic DT1350 (yes, it's hard to belive, and I did some A/B comparison for half an hour, Yamaha are that good) but on the brighter side of music nature (less bass kick, more treble energy), have flat/neutral performance overall. You can use those as portable, computer HIFI or even studio mixing headphones. Those can do pretty everything, and also offer better then average isolation. You might also like Grado SR125i, but those phones are only for home HIFI. I've head SR-60, those had great price/performance but no isolation at all. Skip Sennheiser HD55* line, too "boring" and amp dependent. Skip Audio-Technica , too colored headphones in your price range, M50 are good, but Shure are better anyway. Shure might be a also a good choice, but I don't quite like Shure SRH840 treble (sharp roll-off after 10khz), Yamaha are more "open" and extended. Bayerdynaics are great headphones, but you'll have to pay more that you wish to. I suppose, Yamaha HPH-200 should be  much better then RH5MA, but I haven't had the chance to try those. 


Edited by AlexRoma - 9/14/12 at 2:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum