Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... - Page 1265  

post #18961 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouse View Post

Have you heard the 439, it'd be nice to know the reasons why you picked that out of the three. The pro dj100s I've looked at but I was worried about the bass quantity, would an e6 be enough to fix that? Another problem is its usually $80, I've seen it at $50 before though.
There is plenty of bass with the Koss. The Sennheisers aren't bad, just not as good IMO. The E6 would add a bit of bass though.
post #18962 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkaal97 View Post

Could you tell me some portable amplifiers that is good enough to power the Q701?


You might want to check the Q701 appreciation thread.

post #18963 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecansmancan View Post

@Harkness6

sorry it won't let me do the usual quote thing

 

Well, for all rounder that's going to have bass take a look at the shure srh 840. Great can. built like a tank. Pretty balanced signature, perhaps a twinge of mid emphasis. Great isolation/ leakage. I have a full review here

 

For rap, assuming you like your bass take a look at the sony xb line. I have the xb 700. Fantastic can for the genre. Nice bass, lots of it but pretty well controlled as extra bass cans go. Mids do suffer a bit, but i believe they are capable of cross genre listening.

 

To save a bit of money take a look at the monoprice 8323. I recommend this over and over again. For $30 you wil not find a better can. They're a bit on the warm side. Good build, even if it is plastic. I have a full review here.

 

I love love love the the HD 600. One of the most balanced cans you can get your hands on. But seeing as they are opened they may not be the best for rap. I've never felt the bass lacking. And they are indeed fast as they come. 

 

hope that helps. any questions just pm me.

 

 

i did my search and now soon to be a proud owner of ( being shipped) ath-esw9 and RSA predator im very nervous/happy lol anway already thinking about the hd650 as you said the hd600 is amazing what do you think would be better tho? also wanting to recable my esw9 already and wondering pure silver 4 braid is good enough or should i go with a company lets say..... moon audio? or alo?
post #18964 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkness6 View Post

 

 

There isn't a clear winner between the HD600 and HD650 as it comes down more to sound signature preference. The HD600 is considered an excellent neutral can, while the HD650 is warmer and maybe slightly more rolled off in the highs. If you want the most accurate reproduction of your music, then the 600 would probably be the better choice. If you want a more "fun" sound with a slight bass emphasis, then the 650 is probably better.

 

As for the cable upgrade, there will likely be differing opinions on if it is worth the upgrade. I have not had a chance to try nice after market cable and do side by side comparisons, so I won't make any argument either way. I think the best way would be to try and hear the cables yourself if you can find a way, and see which sounds best to you. Enjoy the ESW9, they look so beautiful! I love wood cups on headphonesbigsmile_face.gif

post #18965 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkness6 View Post

 

 

Just to follow hipster here. the hd 650 actually say somewhere in the manual that its more for enjoyment. the 600 is more acurate. I love the 600. as a whole i seem to like a more balanced sound. my two main cans are the 840 and 600 so balance is sorta my preference. and its nice if i ever want to change it up a bit there's always eq. 

 

as for cables...i'm skeptical. I'll be honest, ive never tried them but i would check for actual figure befor you buy. By figure i mean how much more current does the high end cable vs the regular. Often times that sort of thing seems a bit more on the fuzzy side of things. ive heard stories of using a coat hanger against a high end cable and no one was any the wiser in a blind test so...

post #18966 of 29491

Anyone have the k701/q701 with a Bellari Ha540? I was considering buying both and using them together but it would cost a pretty penny.

post #18967 of 29491

Well, not sure if this post will fare any better but here goes.

 

I am in need of a new pair of cans.  Short version, I bought a pair of Senn HD 380 Pros and returned them after a few days.   Liked them mostly but they were lacking on the low end, and there were times that some vocals sounded downright strange/harsh.  Not a lot to listen to in my area, so far I have found the entire Grado line, the Shure SRH840's and the Beyer Dynamics DT880's.  I listened to several of the Grado's up to the RS 2's, not for me.  I did really like the Shure's, much better than the HD 380's and probably the best overall can I have listened too.  The DT 880 really had some thump and sounded pretty good overall but with the exception of the low end not quite in the same class as the Shure's.

 

I reviewing several threads here I think the d2000 or the d600's might be the cans for me.  I realize that they are quite a step up over the Shures and the Beyers and that is why I am posting here.  Is the improvement in SQ worth the cost?  I would love to be able to try and answer that myself but I can find no where to audition the Denon's.   If I had to go out and buy today out of the cans I have heard it would be the Shures.  But, the Denon's seem to have the sound signature that I am looking for.  Besides SQ I want something comfortable and somewhat portable.  So, big plusses for those characteristics.  

 

I listen to most anything but staples in my audio vault are groups like Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, U2 and SRV.   I have also been listening to Dawes and Trampled by Turtles a lot (kind of folky alternative).  Not much on gaming or on movies so mostly music, most of the time I use cans is in my office (need closed cans).  I wear them for 10 hours a day so I want a can that is fun and enjoyable to listen too.  The cans and my music are my own little resbit of salvation from the corporate din around me.  

 

So, with all that said.  Are either of the Denon's worth taking a chance (have to buy them unheard)?  Is the sound quality of either of the Denon's noticeably better than the Shures?  How does the low end of the Denon's compare to the 880's?  I am hoping to get an idea of what to expect and more importantly which set of cans should earn my dollars.

post #18968 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by garage_logician View Post

Well, not sure if this post will fare any better but here goes.

 

I am in need of a new pair of cans.  Short version, I bought a pair of Senn HD 380 Pros and returned them after a few days.   Liked them mostly but they were lacking on the low end, and there were times that some vocals sounded downright strange/harsh.  Not a lot to listen to in my area, so far I have found the entire Grado line, the Shure SRH840's and the Beyer Dynamics DT880's.  I listened to several of the Grado's up to the RS 2's, not for me.  I did really like the Shure's, much better than the HD 380's and probably the best overall can I have listened too.  The DT 880 really had some thump and sounded pretty good overall but with the exception of the low end not quite in the same class as the Shure's.

 

I reviewing several threads here I think the d2000 or the d600's might be the cans for me.  I realize that they are quite a step up over the Shures and the Beyers and that is why I am posting here.  Is the improvement in SQ worth the cost?  I would love to be able to try and answer that myself but I can find no where to audition the Denon's.   If I had to go out and buy today out of the cans I have heard it would be the Shures.  But, the Denon's seem to have the sound signature that I am looking for.  Besides SQ I want something comfortable and somewhat portable.  So, big plusses for those characteristics.  

 

I listen to most anything but staples in my audio vault are groups like Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, U2 and SRV.   I have also been listening to Dawes and Trampled by Turtles a lot (kind of folky alternative).  Not much on gaming or on movies so mostly music, most of the time I use cans is in my office (need closed cans).  I wear them for 10 hours a day so I want a can that is fun and enjoyable to listen too.  The cans and my music are my own little resbit of salvation from the corporate din around me.  

 

So, with all that said.  Are either of the Denon's worth taking a chance (have to buy them unheard)?  Is the sound quality of either of the Denon's noticeably better than the Shures?  How does the low end of the Denon's compare to the 880's?  I am hoping to get an idea of what to expect and more importantly which set of cans should earn my dollars.


The D2000 has strong bass and sub-bass.  However, it's mids are a bit recessed, while the Shure is known for its excellent mids.  You would probably like the also discontinued D5000 even more, but you'd have to shell out $400 to $450 for them (see posts today on the Deals thread).  For reviews, see:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/luscious-denon-ah-d2000-ah-d50000-and-ah-d7000

 

Haven't heard the new D600 yet.  You can find reviews of it on these boards.  My impression is that may have the sound signature that interests you, but are probably a bit overpriced at this point in time.

post #18969 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by garage_logician View Post

Well, not sure if this post will fare any better but here goes.

 

I am in need of a new pair of cans.  Short version, I bought a pair of Senn HD 380 Pros and returned them after a few days.   Liked them mostly but they were lacking on the low end, and there were times that some vocals sounded downright strange/harsh.  Not a lot to listen to in my area, so far I have found the entire Grado line, the Shure SRH840's and the Beyer Dynamics DT880's.  I listened to several of the Grado's up to the RS 2's, not for me.  I did really like the Shure's, much better than the HD 380's and probably the best overall can I have listened too.  The DT 880 really had some thump and sounded pretty good overall but with the exception of the low end not quite in the same class as the Shure's.

 

I reviewing several threads here I think the d2000 or the d600's might be the cans for me.  I realize that they are quite a step up over the Shures and the Beyers and that is why I am posting here.  Is the improvement in SQ worth the cost?  I would love to be able to try and answer that myself but I can find no where to audition the Denon's.   If I had to go out and buy today out of the cans I have heard it would be the Shures.  But, the Denon's seem to have the sound signature that I am looking for.  Besides SQ I want something comfortable and somewhat portable.  So, big plusses for those characteristics.  

 

I listen to most anything but staples in my audio vault are groups like Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, U2 and SRV.   I have also been listening to Dawes and Trampled by Turtles a lot (kind of folky alternative).  Not much on gaming or on movies so mostly music, most of the time I use cans is in my office (need closed cans).  I wear them for 10 hours a day so I want a can that is fun and enjoyable to listen too.  The cans and my music are my own little resbit of salvation from the corporate din around me.  

 

So, with all that said.  Are either of the Denon's worth taking a chance (have to buy them unheard)?  Is the sound quality of either of the Denon's noticeably better than the Shures?  How does the low end of the Denon's compare to the 880's?  I am hoping to get an idea of what to expect and more importantly which set of cans should earn my dollars.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


The D2000 has strong bass and sub-bass.  However, it's mids are a bit recessed, while the Shure is known for its excellent mids.  You would probably like the also discontinued D5000 even more, but you'd have to shell out $400 to $450 for them (see posts today on the Deals thread).  For reviews, see:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/luscious-denon-ah-d2000-ah-d50000-and-ah-d7000

 

Haven't heard the new D600 yet.  You can find reviews of it on these boards.  My impression is that may have the sound signature that interests you, but are probably a bit overpriced at this point in time.

 

The D5000s are wonderful and definitely have that bass. I love to listen to some Pink Floyd on them beyersmile.png

post #18970 of 29491

Thanks for the heads up on the 5000.  I am off to check out the link that you sent, at this point I the 2K's are at the top of my list, but if I can find a decent deal on the 5k's I would not hesitate to add those either.  :-

 

thanks

-gl

post #18971 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster2010 View Post

 

 

The D5000s are wonderful and definitely have that bass. I love to listen to some Pink Floyd on them beyersmile.png

 

 

Pink Floyd is definitely at the top of my play lists.  The more I read about the 5k's (and the 2k's) the more I think that they are the cans for me.  :-)

post #18972 of 29491

Not sure if it's their mixing or the type of instruments used, but Emerson Lake and Palmer sound exceptional on the 5k's. It could just be my setup, but I don't have a lot of albums that totally click with the headphone.

post #18973 of 29491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNerd View Post

Not sure if it's their mixing or the type of instruments used, but Emerson Lake and Palmer sound exceptional on the 5k's. It could just be my setup, but I don't have a lot of albums that totally click with the headphone.

I'll have to check them out. I also enjoy this song a lot on mine.

post #18974 of 29491

Hello, I'm looking for a good set of headphones I am willing to spend around $300. What I usually do is watch movies and play games, I like to play rpg and horror type games, so I'm looking for a headphones that will help give me a more immersive experience. I would also like the headphone to help block out external sounds I live in a noisy home, and I would like them to go around the ears not on them. About 90% of the music I listen to is electronic but that would come second to my movies and gaming. 

 

Thanks for reading, I would love to get some recommendations!

post #18975 of 29491

hello ppl

 

i do have akg k181dj that i use with creative sound blaster x-fi titanium hd & asus xonar dg

so i am thinking about buying headphone amp in a range of 100USD, that i can use with my samsung galaxy as well, so it should be more or less portable

 

any advise will be highly appreciated

thanx guys 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum