or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1253  

post #18781 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by William007 View Post

i'd like to help but i don't listen to that kind of music. maybe look at the ATH-M50 had these they are quite good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrabee View Post

 

I used to have the ATH M50. I listen to lots of electronica and bass heavy music too. leave the akg and get the M50 instead lol

 

Thank you very much! Are the M50 hard to drive or will my E6 do for on-the-go usage?

post #18782 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by neocypher View Post

 

 

Thank you very much! Are the M50 hard to drive or will my E6 do for on-the-go usage?


You should be fine.

post #18783 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


You need a quality studio monitor can that is at least neutral-ish and and has especially good mids.  That knocks out the basshead 500 series Ultrasones and "V" shaped EQ (with recessed mids) M50.  The V6 is a classic but very long in the tooth.  The 780 is fun but too colored for your use. 

 

You need either the KRK KNS-6400, Shure SRH 840 or open box Sony MDR-V900HD.  Below that group are the very good for your purposes Sony MDR 7506 & 7510 and AKG K 240 Studio (or MKII).

 

In my country, Shure SRH 440 fits my price range. What about that? Or another recommendation

post #18784 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


You should be fine.

Allright, thanks again! 

post #18785 of 29490

pro700mk2 with m50 pads vs v-moda m80 vs tma-1 vs hd251-ii. i listen to mostly rap and hip hop. Which one sound the best for that genre. I like a lot of bass but still be able to hear vocals clearly. Also which one is more portable and comfortable. I wear a size 7 5/8 hat if that helps. Also what amp should i get cmoy or e11.

post #18786 of 29490

Guys, please read this if you have the time. 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625996/ultrasone-hfi-earpads

post #18787 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by archimonde View Post

 

In my country, Shure SRH 440 fits my price range. What about that? Or another recommendation


It is a nice $75 to $100 can here.  However, all the cans I listed earlier beat it.  I slightly prefer the Sony MDRZX700 to the 440.

post #18788 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by neocypher View Post

 

 

Thank you very much! Are the M50 hard to drive or will my E6 do for on-the-go usage?

i dont use any amps for my m50 lol. just drive it strait out of my ipod/iphone

post #18789 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by archimonde View Post

 

In my country, Shure SRH 440 fits my price range. What about that? Or another recommendation

x1 :) 

 

quite balanced, good clarity...i prefer this 440 to the fuller sounding 840...ha.

post #18790 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurcieLP640 View Post

Are the Pioneer HDJ-2000s worth the price hike over the HDJ-1500s? Whichever I buy, it's going to be used both amped and unamped (it's replacing both my Sennheiser HD215s which I use at home and my Audio-Technica CKM55s which I use everywhere else). I listen to a little bit of everything and, along with my Yamaha hi-fi amp, my portable devices include a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, a 4G iPod Video and a 4G iPod Touch. The sort of sound that I'm looking for is a lot like my HD215s, except with punchier bass. According to reviews the HDJ-1500 sounds like the set I'm looking for but is it worth the extra $50 to get the HDJ-2000s instead?

I asked myself the same question. I spent some time wih both at Best Buy. i liked the sound of the HDJ2000 more, but that might be because of the earpads went around my ear, while the HDJ1500 went on/against. However since the price gap is so large, I'd be tempted to just use the 2000 pads on a 1500. The higher price on the 2000 is also for the lighter yet stronger metal used for the frame. I'd gladly pay for that durability if you use your headphones outside.
post #18791 of 29490
After contemplating for a decent while and flip flopping on what I'd like to buy, I've considered either the KNS 8400 or the HD 598 for gaming. As someone who hasn't heard a lot of what's out there, I'm open to any advice from those who've heard either of these or other suggestions. I'm also really curious about the KNS 8400 sound. I've read multiple times that they're neutral, and other times that they're bass light and treble heavy (some even saying the treble will hurt their ears). I've been using the HD 280 pros if that means anything for comparison.
post #18792 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike112 View Post

After contemplating for a decent while and flip flopping on what I'd like to buy, I've considered either the KNS 8400 or the HD 598 for gaming. As someone who hasn't heard a lot of what's out there, I'm open to any advice from those who've heard either of these or other suggestions. I'm also really curious about the KNS 8400 sound. I've read multiple times that they're neutral, and other times that they're bass light and treble heavy (some even saying the treble will hurt their ears). I've been using the HD 280 pros if that means anything for comparison.

 

That's a bit of a no brainer.  The open HD 598 that is (currently) at twice the street price of the closed 8400 is the better choice for gaming.

 

The 8400 is the most neutral can that I know of in its price class.  It's bass is certainly not greater than neutral and probably a touch below.  The Shure SRH 840 is #2 on my hit parade.  It has greater than neutral bass due to its mid bass hump and its highs are a bit recessed.  Both have great mids.


Edited by KG Jag - 9/4/12 at 9:31pm
post #18793 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

That's a bit of a no brainer.  The open HD 598 that is (currently) at twice the street price of the closed 8400 is the better choice for gaming.

 

The 8400 is the most neutral can that I know of in its price class.  It's bass is certainly not greater than neutral and probably a touch below.  The Shure SRH 840 is #2 on my hit parade.  It has greater than neutral bass due to its mid bass hump and its highs are a bit recessed.  Both have great mids.

 

Yeah, I figured the 598 would be the better overall choice, I just wasn't sure if it'd be worth the price difference. I'd seen some people say the 8400s were good for gaming so I was curious if anyone who'd heard both had anything to say about how well they compare to something higher end. While I'm at it, the Q701s appear to be a strong contender as well, so if anyone here has experience with them I'd be glad to hear about it.
post #18794 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike112 View Post

 

Yeah, I figured the 598 would be the better overall choice, I just wasn't sure if it'd be worth the price difference. I'd seen some people say the 8400s were good for gaming so I was curious if anyone who'd heard both had anything to say about how well they compare to something higher end.While I'm at it, the Q701s appear to be a strong contender as well, so if anyone here has experience with them I'd be glad to hear about it.


Haven't used them for gaming, but they are great for music and movies.  Their large sound stage and great clarity leads me to suspect that they would be great for gaming too.  They has decent bass, but are not for bassheads of any stripe.  They need to be amped.

 

I will add that the 8400 would be good for gaming if you are limited to closed cans at or near its price point.


Edited by KG Jag - 9/4/12 at 9:45pm
post #18795 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


Haven't used them for gaming, but they are great for music and movies.  Their large sound stage and great clarity leads me to suspect that they would be great for gaming too.  They has decent bass, but are not for bassheads of any stripe.  They need to be amped.

 

Thanks a lot for your input. If you happen to have both fresh in your mind, do you have any input about the sound comparison between the 598 and Q701s?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum