or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1205  

post #18061 of 29490

Hello there Head-fi! Im not sure what I want anymore and I need your help.

I listen to electronic and other bass heavy music religiously.its seems like your ears get 'used' to the bass and it loses its wow factor overtime. So I was thinking getting another set of bassy headphones would be pointless since my ears will get used to the bass either way. Any one else feel that way?   

 

I have been looking at these headphones:

 

-Beyerdynamics Dt 880 250ohms (whats the difference between the pro and the regular one?)

-Senheisser HD600 and the HD650

(amped w/my Fiio E10 or should I upgrade and sell my fiio?)

 

Question is, how do these headphones sound with EDM music? I know its not popular to recommend these headphones for that particular genre, but figured it wouldn't matter as long as you can hear all the lower bass notes. 

 

ps. feel free to recommend me other headphones. 


Edited by cerealbox760 - 8/17/12 at 3:11am
post #18062 of 29490

So I am in the need of a pair of over/on-ear headphones that I can run unamped. Since I´m currently abroad due to studies I´m not going to buy myself an amp since I probably wont be able to get it back with me when I´m done in 5 months.

 

I was thinking of getting a pair of Grado 325is but I´m not sure if they would be sounding good without an amp. I´m also afraid that they wont be to comfortable. I have a pair of Vmoda m80s but they are quite sweaty when wearing for a long time.

 

Anyone got any recommendation?

post #18063 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulta View Post

So I am in the need of a pair of over/on-ear headphones that I can run unamped. Since I´m currently abroad due to studies I´m not going to buy myself an amp since I probably wont be able to get it back with me when I´m done in 5 months.

I was thinking of getting a pair of Grado 325is but I´m not sure if they would be sounding good without an amp. I´m also afraid that they wont be to comfortable. I have a pair of Vmoda m80s but they are quite sweaty when wearing for a long time.

Anyone got any recommendation?

The Grado 325is aren't that bad comfort wise if you use the comfy pads. They are however a bit on the heavy side. They also have the 6.3 mm plug so you will need an adapter. You could also just go with the 60i or 80i, which in your case you might be better off with. They have a mini plug and amplification isn't as necessary. They are also more comfortable. Also, by any chance you are studying abroad in America? Just a guess.
post #18064 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxid10t View Post


The Grado 325is aren't that bad comfort wise if you use the comfy pads. They are however a bit on the heavy side. They also have the 6.3 mm plug so you will need an adapter. You could also just go with the 60i or 80i, which in your case you might be better off with. They have a mini plug and amplification isn't as necessary. They are also more comfortable. Also, by any chance you are studying abroad in America? Just a guess.

Thanks for the tip, though I would like to buy a phone of somewhat higher standard so they wont be useless when I get home to my amps. Now I am in Eindhoven, Netherlands.

post #18065 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulta View Post

Thanks for the tip, though I would like to buy a phone of somewhat higher standard so they wont be useless when I get home to my amps. Now I am in Eindhoven, Netherlands.

I'd go for the 325 then. Hope the price on them isn't too outrageous though being in Europe. That is why I was guessing you were studying in America and Netherlands was your home.
post #18066 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxid10t View Post


I'd go for the 325 then. Hope the price on them isn't too outrageous though being in Europe. That is why I was guessing you were studying in America and Netherlands was your home.

Thanks for the help, the they cost 399 euro which probably is around 420$ but since I'm swedish and the current state of the euro is rather crappy it wont be so much

post #18067 of 29490

Hey guys, i'm currently looking for a headset to complement my new gaming rig.

 

I have a budget of around USD 60.  My computer does not have a sound card in it.

 

It would not be specifically for gaming usage as I also like to listen to music (dubstep and house to name some), and watch movies as well.

 

As of now, i'm looking towards buying a Razer Electra because of the fact that it has a detachable / separate cable for its mic.  So I would also be able to use this as my headphones for my music player.  I know for a fact that the electra's sound quality is not the best.

 

I've been browsing the forums for quite some time now and the trend that I have seen when it comes to gaming is to find good headphones and just use a zalman's mic. That would be impossible for me because it is quite hard to find a store that sells a zalman's mic in my country.

 

Thanks!


Edited by jozon - 8/17/12 at 7:26am
post #18068 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozon View Post

Hey guys, i'm currently looking for a headset to complement my new gaming rig.

 

I have a budget of around USD 60.  My computer does not have a sound card in it.

 

It would not be specifically for gaming usage as I also like to listen to music (dubstep and house to name some), and watch movies as well.

 

As of now, i'm looking towards buying a Razer Electra because of the fact that it has a detachable / separate cable for its mic.  So I would also be able to use this as my headphones for my music player.  I know for a fact that the electra's sound quality is not the best.

 

I've been browsing the forums for quite some time now and the trend that I have seen when it comes to gaming is to find good headphones and just use a zalman's mic. That would be impossible for me because it is quite hard to find a store that sells a zalman's mic in my country.

 

Thanks!


Coursair just got.into gaming headphones they have a 120$ set that's on sale for like 79$ on.newegg.com USB no sound card exceptional sound great Mic quality build

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
post #18069 of 29490

looking for a headset headphones just for gaming: budget: <$50 but i could stretch it to $75 if its worth it. mainly for cs:go. only thing i want it to be is over ear not on ear.


Edited by blackhand - 8/17/12 at 7:47am
post #18070 of 29490

Hey guys!! so i fell in love with the HD 650s today. Any suggestions for an amp that works well with it (preferrably portable but no limited to)? Going for something below 500

post #18071 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Hey guys!! so i fell in love with the HD 650s today. Any suggestions for an amp that works well with it (preferrably portable but no limited to)? Going for something below 500

I've heard some very good things about the headstage arrow, and "the national"

 

However, the HD650 would be best driven from a desktop amp.

There was a thread started on this a couple of years ago, it may not be up to date, but it's a good place to start.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/518419/best-amp-for-hd-650-under-500

post #18072 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otrakun View Post

I've heard some very good things about the headstage arrow, and "the national"

 

However, the HD650 would be best driven from a desktop amp.

There was a thread started on this a couple of years ago, it may not be up to date, but it's a good place to start.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/518419/best-amp-for-hd-650-under-500

oh wow! haha...literally what i was hoping for. thanks! i'll start there =)

post #18073 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviling View Post


Coursair just got.into gaming headphones they have a 120$ set that's on sale for like 79$ on.newegg.com USB no sound card exceptional sound great Mic quality build
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2


yeah, i looked into that headset as well.. but im still leaning towards the electra.

 

thanks for the reply!  :]

post #18074 of 29490

 

 


Edited by MysteryGuest - 8/18/12 at 4:46am
post #18075 of 29490

Hey, I am looking into buying my first pair of over-the-ear headphones in maybe 6-8 years. I never liked full headphones because my ears would get sweaty and most of the ones i tried pressed against my ears for long periods of time and would be hurt after a while.

 

I am not much of an audiophile, so I probably wont notice too much difference between something like a Sennheiser 518, 558 or 598 (never tried any of these btw) as some of the more audiophiley people might easily distinguish between them.

 

I currently use a Razor Moray+ for my listening needs but I want to invest in a good pair of full headphones.

 

I have been pretty much stuck between the 518, 558, and 598. I really want an open back setup because I know my ears would probably get sweaty if there is no ventilation of some sort. Unless there are closed back headphones with air-flow that I didn't know about.

 

I also want around the ear so its comfortable to wear.

 

What I am asking if can someone recommend which of the Sennheisers to go for. 598s are really pushing my budget if I get those, 558s are in my upper budget range. I just want something good but not break the bank good.

 

I am also open to other companies. Like Astro, and the like. I just have 0 experience with this. Also some brands like Astro and Senn I can get discounts through my employer. Haven't tried others.

 

I chose Sennheiser since they are a reputable name, and I really think i would be happy with them, but if there are other good ones out there, I am all for it.

 

Just need a bit of guidance and recommendation on what to look into. I don't have the time to try any of these, so I will go based on my research, your guidance/recommendations, and how much money I am willing to burn on this.

 

I will be getting an Antlion Modmic, so I have pretty much disregarded the PC360s and many other gaming headsets. Though it the headset has a detachable mic, I wouldn't mind them.

 

Also, if there are good Wireless headsets in the sub 200 price range with open back. I wouldn't mind that either. It will make it easier to not be tethered to the computer. I have a colleague with Sennheiser HDR120 and it seems quite convenient.

 

I will be using this for multi-purpose use. Gaming, work, music, movies, etc. I also don't listen to music loud. I like it normal volumed. Like right now on these logitech cheap headsets im using, i have the volume down to like 5-10% on my system. I listen to primarily Happy Hardcore, Rock, a bit of pop. I am mostly all-around, but those are preferred, and I never listen to rap.

 

Sorry for the all over the place post, I am just trying to provide info as it comes to me.

 

Thanks.


Edited by Daegalus - 8/17/12 at 1:40pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum