I know that Beats by Dre are not highly thought of, but what about Soul by Ludacris headphones? I have seen a few reviews that consider the Soul SL150 competitive with similar headphones from other companies.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 7:57 am in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1204
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18047 of 294908/16/12 at 7:32pmQuote:
of all the celebrity headphones...the SL150 is definitely one of the better ones... ...still not exactly a good headphone tho hahapost #18048 of 294908/16/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
Bro, if you on here it's safe to say you'll never get a date
haha, just kiding. Um, personally id take the uptowns. They're kool looking. Solid sound. Im sorry but if i hear m50 one more time i think im going to hurl. And senns...mm..man idk.post #18049 of 294908/16/12 at 7:39pm
So, im gonna be rather sappy here but what ever. I'd like to thank everyone, and by everyone i mean bixby, for their help in my headphone decision. I went with the HD 600. FOund them used for $240 like new. So im rather excited. Thanks again.post #18050 of 294908/16/12 at 7:51pm
Been having a difficult time choosing between the KNS 8400 and SRH 840 because I've been reading reviews about both of them. And sometimes the opinions can be very opposing and almost contradicting one another. For example, a few have commented that the KRKs bass is decent while another says they are very light. (Also worth mentioning, the not so strong isolation on these headphones as well.) On the other hand, one has also mentioned that the Shure's have a mid-bass hump making the bass sometimes sound more than they are laid out on the recording. And so, I'm not sure which direction to go on this.
On another note, would IEMs be better for me? (I have yet to get used to the feeling of them in my ear...)
Edit: From what I've read so far, is it safe to say that the Shure's are a neutral/balanced headphone that have a little more of a colored bass? Correct me if I'm wrong...
Edited by seelamb - 8/16/12 at 7:53pmpost #18051 of 294908/16/12 at 7:51pmQuote:I heard them both next to each other same thing. They did just release a wholew new lineup they look allot tougher and nicer.
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2post #18052 of 294908/16/12 at 8:37pmpost #18053 of 294908/16/12 at 10:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by bigheadhifi
A clash of Neutrality...
Brainwavz HM5 vs Sony MDR ZX700 vs Shure SRH 440
they all are considerably neutral headphones and roughly in the same price bracket.. Has anyone ever compared them? which one is a better value for what they worth? looking for a neutral sounding cans. tried the SRH440 it's nice sounding, nice energy, and dry.. but never heard of the other two...
They're all good--or better than good. In large part selection among them will turn on price, intended use and other preferences such as size and/or need for detachable cable.post #18054 of 294908/16/12 at 10:23pmpost #18055 of 294908/16/12 at 10:30pmQuote:
The part about the bass response of M50 as being "minimal" is flat out incorrect. While it is true that the enhanced level of bass of the M50 does not put them into true basshead territory, it makes them popular among many who prefer a bass heavy sound. Their bass is a long way from neutral--and clearly not on the recessed side of the line.post #18056 of 294908/16/12 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rocko1
None of them. This would have a higher chance of helping you. http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Women-Nightclubs-Other-Place/dp/0964160307/ref=cm_lmf_tit_3
Just got back. Wore the 598s! It worked!post #18057 of 294908/16/12 at 11:52pmpost #18058 of 294908/17/12 at 12:45am
Hello Head-Fiers, I've been looking at the Panasonic HTF-600s for a while now beacuse I'm interested in a nice bassy (yet clear) sounding pair of over-ears. I listen to Alot of electronic music like Porter Robinson and Knife Party so I really like that low vibrating sub bass. Are the 600s the right choice? or is there something better. My budget is very limited so the cheaper the the better. Let me know what you think.post #18059 of 294908/17/12 at 1:21amQuote:
They'd play without one.
However they would be very quiet and probably wouldn't sound good.
80ohms isn't that much though, even a cheap portable amp like the fiio E6 would be enough to make them sound good.post #18060 of 294908/17/12 at 1:49amQuote:Originally Posted by BokTroy
Hello Head-Fiers, I've been looking at the Panasonic HTF-600s for a while now beacuse I'm interested in a nice bassy (yet clear) sounding pair of over-ears. I listen to Alot of electronic music like Porter Robinson and Knife Party so I really like that low vibrating sub bass. Are the 600s the right choice? or is there something better. My budget is very limited so the cheaper the the better. Let me know what you think.
The HTF600 is a great choice as long as you don't mind some sound leaking out as they aren't true closed headphones. For the budget bass lover these are one of, if not, the best If you get these, look up some of the mods which will further improve the sound. A must is the paper towel mod which is done in about 30 seconds and can be undone even quicker.
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 36 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience? 8 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear