Hi Head-Fiers! I'm really happy about how helpful the more experienced users are with beginners like me.
- I'm looking for a pair of headphones to use in university: in the dorm, around the campus and in the library. I'm hoping for them to be comfortable enough to be used for several hours straight and doesn't leak much since I'll be at the library too.
- Hopefully the cable isn't too long, it'd be troublesome to carry that around. If it is long though, hopefully it's detachable.
- Something at the entry level around $200 Canadian dollars. I'm not planning on an amp unless it's really a steal, I might consider one in the future.
- I'm going to be using it for not just listening to music, but movies as well, not so much gaming, but just a little.
- I'm not familiar with what sound to look for, so I'll just say something that's good for a variety of music genres.
- I listen to mainstream pop/rock, alternative rock and acoustic, some jazz and R&B. With just a little bit of hip hop/rap. I also listen to Asian music, some K-pop and a bit of J-pop (mostly watching anime).
Thank you for all the help!
Edit: I forgot to mention I'll be listening to all my music from a 6th generation iPod Nano and a typical laptop with a built-in sound card, nothing too fancy.