Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 6:15 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1086
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16277 of 294907/10/12 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by DarwinC
I've been using my Plantronics GameCom 367 for gaming and movie watching for two years now. I connect them to my Turtle Beach Earforce DSS and so far, I'm happy with the sound quality (which I'm sure is not audiophyle grade ;) ). Lately I've been having issues with the right cup losing audio and that's why I intend to replace my headphones. I'm on a budget (no more than $70) and so far, I've found the following candidates:
Beyerdynamic DTX 710
Beyerdynamic DTX 910
Never tested any, and don't have the chance to either. That's why I'm asking your advise. Which of these would be a better choice for gaming/movie watching? I love detailed sound in my games/movies, like ambient sounds that adds up a lot to the whole experience. I'm also looking for comfort, and that's why I lean toward the Beyerdynamics (velour pads, love them) because I think pleather pads will melt my ears after a long gaming session. Will sure appreciate your opinions and comments. Thanks in advance!
Based on specs (I have only tried ATH-M30), the ATH M30 are the worst of the four. Those are out. The DTX710 are better than the ATH M30, but not as good as the other two. Those are out. Now it's between the DTX 910 and JVC HARX700. The HARX700 are harder to drive than the DTX 910 (due to more ohms), but goes lower in bass and goes higher in the treble. DTX910 goes for $65 on amazon, while HARX700 are $32. To me, it's a no brainer. I would buy the HARX700. Hope this helps. :)post #16278 of 294907/10/12 at 7:25pm
im thinking of getting a denon ah-d5000 or a hifiman he-400. i would like to know what amps go well with them. for the price range i would say the cheapest amp that pairs well with them. i really only want to spend no more than $200 for an amp.
post #16279 of 294907/10/12 at 8:58pmQuote:
The little desktop hybrid HiFiman EF2A does well with the D5000.
I can't tell you much about what drives the "HE-400 Planar Driver High Efficiency Headphones" well at a budget price. I can tell you that the Shiit Asgard drives their big--and harder to drive--bro, the HE-500.post #16280 of 294907/10/12 at 9:15pm
I'm interested in buying the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones. Can someone tell me if there is any difference between the 250ohm and the 80ohm headphones?
For anybody interested; I'm hooking them up to an ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E Sound card - should be awesome :)
Thanks for anybody who can give me the answer!post #16281 of 294907/10/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?post #16282 of 294907/10/12 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by hova
I need full size headphones in the $30-70 range, I was looking at the Superlux HD-668B but i was wondering if you guys have better suggestions.
The headphones would be used for mostly stationary use on a PC/Laptop without an amp.
I usually use speakers but because i'm moving to a new place i don't want to anger the neighbours i'd be wearing them for several hours so they should be comfortable to wear.
Use would be for movies, games and music, with emphasis on music.
Jaycar Pro Monitor headphones are a $70 remake (as in, same headphone, same case, same pretty much everything) of the Fischer Audio FA-003s/Brainwavs HM5s which get a LOT of love around here and run about $150. Shipping takes a little while though, so don't expect it for about 3 weeks after you order it.
http://www.jaycar.us/productView.asp?ID=AA2065post #16283 of 294907/10/12 at 9:29pmQuote:
That's pretty much what I've gathered here, as well as the HE400 being an all around good choice. I was just hoping that I could get a recommendation that WASN'T the above "go-to's"
In either case, I'd like to find a great deal on the above. Now on to the "stalking"post #16284 of 294907/10/12 at 9:35pmQuote:
The HE-400's are normally (I haven't seen them new "on sale" for less) about $100 above the budget you set forth.post #16285 of 294907/10/12 at 9:36pmpost #16286 of 294907/10/12 at 9:39pm
Hi guys, quick recommendation. I listen to mostly trance and dubstep music, with a little bit of rap and stuff here and there.
V-Moda Crossfade LP or Audio-Technica ATH-M50?
I'm actually only stuck between the two because of looks. If the ATH-M50s looked a little better, and the LPs didn't look so sexy, I wouldn't have such a hard time. In terms of sound, how do the LPs do for trance music, as opposed to the M50s?
Also, I won't be using an amp. Can't afford one and I'll mostly be using it on the go with my iPod.
Edited by Chupika - 7/10/12 at 9:52pmpost #16287 of 294907/10/12 at 9:59pm
For all those asking about ~$200 cans for use without an amp... I've been checking out the Beyerdynamic DT 440 and DT 660 and they look decent for the price and are very easy to drive. The 440 goes for about $160 and the 660 for about $180. Anyone have any experience with these ?post #16288 of 294907/10/12 at 10:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by KG Jag
The little desktop hybrid HiFiman EF2A does well with the D5000.
I can't tell you much about what drives the "HE-400 Planar Driver High Efficiency Headphones" well at a budget price. I can tell you that the Shiit Asgard drives their big--and harder to drive--bro, the HE-500.
ok thanks for your help. the schiit asgard looks good i will probably get that even though it is outside my price range.post #16289 of 294907/10/12 at 10:23pmSo, I'm looking for a good set of non-leaking headphones under $80 with some level of portability, and comfortable enough to wear on a daily basis. At the moment, I was considering 1. Koss Pro DJ 100 2. Philips Citiscape Downtown 3. Shure SRH-440? Love mids, not a huge fan of bass. Don't, and will probably never use an amp or replacement earpads (aka will use "as is"). Like mainly classic rock. Thanks.post #16290 of 294907/10/12 at 11:03pm
I'm about to buy an ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E Sound card and was wondering if the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm headphones will be powered by that sound card, and should I go for the 250 ohm or the 80 ohm beyerdynamic headphones?
Edited by Murbz - 7/10/12 at 11:05pm
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 12 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 20 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 40 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS-1 Classic really good condition. one owner. beautiful.... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear